CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Most addictive games

Posted: 11th October 2011 05:31

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
The most addicting game I've played recently is! This.

--------------------
-FFIII FFIV FFV FFVII FFVIII FFX FFXII FFXIII FF:Dissidia FFVII:CC FFVII:DoC
--KHI KHII KH:COM KH:BbS
---SO:FD SO:TTEOT SO:TLH
----DQIII DQVIII
-----DA:O DAII
------VP:S
Post #197769
Posted: 11th October 2011 17:38

Black Waltz

Awards:
I don't play as many games these days, but I am an addict when it comes to these.

Tetris (GB) I still find myself playing it for hours on end.

Tekken 6. I choose 6 only because it's the most recent title I own. My friends and I can easily burn away 70+ rounds on any given weekend.

Pretty much any Mega Man game. Gotta love the blue bomber.

Dynasty Warriors (they're the same) Something about killing thousands in the middle of a war zone is very satifying.

Final Fantasy Tactics. When I first picked it up, I didn't put it down until I beat it. This happens everytime I feel like playing it again.

Lode Runner (C64) collecting boxes has never been so fun and hasn't been since.

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #197771
Posted: 12th October 2011 17:46

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Been playing too much Spelunky again lately. It's like, I pick it up every time I'm bored, and it's actually interesting enough that it's not a rehash of the same stuff over again as with most games.

Key to its success is the fact that the dungeon levels are always randomly generated, leading to a different adventure every time.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 12th October 2011 17:55

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #197786
Posted: 5th July 2017 18:54

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
2017 update!

Stardew Valley - Yeesh, when this game hit Steam I played it nonstop, over and over again, racking up some 400 hours in under a year. Incredible, better than any Harvest Moon game I have played, and that's saying a lot because I *loved* Harvest Moon 64 a great deal, but will probably never bother with it again thanks to this game.

World of WarCraft - I really enjoyed experiencing this game's unique history from the beginning, which combined my love for RPGs with my love of all WarCraft games and it did it beautifully. It's not so addictive now, but it still reigns supreme for hours played, years after I stopped playing it religiously. No game has held my attention so consistently for 12+ years. I still come back now and again to see what's new.

Pokemon Red & Blue - The originals have always been the best. Sure, they're imbalanced and the new games have so much more content, but the originals felt just right. Lots of Pokemon, but not too many that it's overwhelming. Plus, glitching the game without modifications (like the Mew glitch) has added a whole new layer of fun for me to collect what I am missing. New playthroughs are always very satisfying with just enough customization to keep it fun.
Post #212817
Posted: 4th August 2017 01:01

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
2017 update!

For a while, I played a good amount of TF2, as well as a good amount of Mines Perfect -- a Minesweeper implementation that basically forced me to do linear algebra every so often in order to solve it. But nowadays my go-to game for passing some time is 100% Orange Juice.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 4th August 2017 01:02

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #213111
Posted: 31st December 2017 10:44

Cactuar

Awards:
I'm going to separate them into ancient times and modern times.

Ancient:

Chess, Magic, Final Fantasies, Shooters, Resource management

Modern

Social deduction, resource management, chess,

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #214334
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: