CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Most addictive games

Posted: 1st October 2005 09:06
Group Icon
SOLDIER

my sc2 save has several *weeks* of playtime in vs mode logged onto it, and we have been usually just turning it off and not save match statistics for a while (awaiting 10/25). my tk5 save has about a third as much.

when i was first playing through fft, then learning to perfect the game through abusing certain aspects of the code, i put over 300 hours into it.

dark cloud 2 -- i spent so much time gertting every single medal in the game, except the ones with monica's monster, because those suck so bad. at the same time, i was levelling up enough weapons to get one of each of the ench of the weapon tree's branches (like 12-14 in all or something) i must have played it many hours a day for weeks straight.

ssb/ssbm -- i liked it because it's a fighting game easy enough that i can include my little brother when playing it and still have plenty of fun.

any rare game, but honorable mention does to banjo-tooie. the breadth of that game was extremely impressive for an n64 so plagued by mediocre offerings.
Post #97912
Posted: 6th October 2005 03:02

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
definetly, Diablo, Rome total war, and ragnarok online
Post #98581
Posted: 6th October 2005 03:12

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Mystical Ninja 64. It's only a 12 hour game, but damn was it impossible to put down. It was a game where I had to take it in one shot because you always wanted to see what was next. Upgrade next. Next Robot fight. Insanely good RPG gameplay wise, character wise, and ESPECIALLY music wise. The sound track to that game was incredible. The music alone was addicting.

Others-
Well... I guess I'll throw a bone to KOTORII which I spent 45 hours straight playing. I couldn't sleep until I had beaten that game. Sleeping would interfere with my saving the galaxy.

ES III: Morrowind
- I spent, total, an equivelant amount of hours to 3 months of my life in front of that game. Got everything....I'm pretty sure. Tamriatic Lore has nothing left to show me anyhow.

This post has been edited by MogMaster on 6th October 2005 03:12

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #98584
Posted: 12th October 2005 00:38

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Katamari Damacy and the old-school favorite alleyway. Both are simple, increadably addicting games.

I am also a recovering Morrowind addict. Good lord that game takes away your life.

This post has been edited by master_tonberry on 12th October 2005 00:39

--------------------
What if he shot you first instead of your secretary?

I suppose I'd have to catch the bullet, wouldn't I
Post #99409
Posted: 12th October 2005 14:45

Returner

Awards:
Lord of the Rings is an addicting game. Ever since I got it I cant stop playing it. thumbup.gif

--------------------
Watch in awe, watch in awe,
Aeria Gloris Aeria Gloris
I'm calling, calling now, spirits rise and falling
To remain myself longer
Calling, calling, in the depths of longing.
To remain myself longer
Watch in awe
Aeria Gloris

Inner Universe
Post #99452
Posted: 14th October 2005 04:07

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I find Advance Wars 2 to be a very addicting game. I've spent more time playing that game than any other GBA game. I'm looking forward to getting a DS so I can play AW: Dual Strike.

Also, I'm yet another victim of Morrowind's addictiveness.
Post #99682
Posted: 3rd May 2006 18:26

SOLDIER

Awards:
OMG NOONE SAID HARVEST MOON 4 64 Thats one of the best games in the universes of universes! Yeah it may look stupid but its very very very very addicting after awile.....BUT NOW I CANT RENT IT SINCE 64 IS TOO OLD mad.gif sleep.gif sad.gif

Edit
And sc is addicting...if theres good games

This post has been edited by Dragon King on 4th May 2006 20:53

--------------------
Kel'Thuzad: She is persistent. Reminds me of you, death knight.

Arthas:Shut up you damned ghost.

-Warcraft III Kel'thuzad comparing Arthas and Sylvanas Windrunner.
Post #115318
Posted: 3rd May 2006 19:56

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Ultros: Octopus Royalty @ 26th August 2005 20:56)
And finaly, Gladius, for the GC. I played that game into the wee hours of the night while at my boyfriend's place. I think he was beginning to regret ever showing it to me. What can I say, I just can't resist smiting people, especialy in a game where you can play as a powerful nordic woman.

YESSS!!! Another person that likes gladius. My roomate and I baught that game (I was interested because I was taking a class on rome) and it ended up being the most addicting game I ever played. By the end of night 1, I was in the middle of Nordaugh in Valens' story (yes, we played for 10 hours straight.) The best part- once you beat it, there was another mildly-different-but-eventually-identical plot to follow. Hoorah!

--------------------
Can you pull down the dawn?
It's been so dark since you've been gone
and we've been begging for the morning to come.
We were so optimistic,
wasn't it so easy to be?
We were young and naive.
-The Hush Sound: Eileen
Post #115334
Posted: 3rd May 2006 22:27

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
'Kirby Superstar' was a game I played all the time as a kid. Shame I don't know what happened to it. sad.gif

Awesome surreal environments + replay value up the hazoo = big fun!

--------------------
Post #115346
Posted: 5th May 2006 01:30

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
We heart.gif Katamari (most addictive game...ever)
Post #115446
Posted: 6th May 2006 09:46

Returner

Awards:
i think ff7 is addictive,medel of honer is addictive,and harvist moon!!!!
Post #115508
Posted: 6th May 2006 14:06

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Tetris any Mega Man and Castlevania

--------------------
Marion Gaborik is my hero :D
Post #115519
Posted: 7th May 2006 23:06

Cactuar

Awards:
Every Pokemon game I've played, I've gotten addicted to. XD;

--------------------
Come with me so I can show you how to live
Burning the candle at both ends
I’m gripping at the walls around me
Don’t complicate it
I’m addicted to this life
I’ll be your token of attention
All my lies come down to this

-Orgy, "Beautiful Disgrace"
Post #115665
Posted: 9th May 2006 07:08

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Most easily causes obsessive auto-association in my brain:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Cave Story
Castlevania (any Castletroid, including SotN, HoD, CotM, AoS,...)

...and that's about all I've played recently.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #115794
Posted: 10th May 2006 00:19

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I easily get addicted so...

Radiata Stories-I played that game for 36hrs when I first got it!

MK: Deception-couldn't stop till I beat the story

Counterstrike-Best FPS ever!

FFIX-my first rpg for the PS1. I couldn't put it down.

SW:KOTOR 1&2- OMG! These are the best games for Xbox!

Gungrave: Overdose- hard game to put down

Battalion Wars-When I bought this game it was 11pm I started playing it at 11:30PM. Next time I looked at the clock it was 11:30AM.

Animal Crossing-I've probably spent over 1000 hours on this game

WarioWare and WarioWare: Twisted- Best games for the GBA

Gundam Battle Assault 2- I doubt anyones heard of this game but me and my friend played this every day for about a year. Me and him were invincible. Then we stopped playing it and now we suck.

Any Harvest Moon game.

There are more but I can't remember them right now.

--------------------
"Now! This is it! NOW is the time to choose. Die, and be free of pain; or LIVE, and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands!"
- Auron, FFX

"I'm telling you, people who eat pickles are nice people!"
--Short Guard, FFIX
Post #115879
Posted: 10th May 2006 16:48

Black Mage

Awards:
i am addicted to the elder scrolls series> dragon quest 8> halo 2> halo 1> castlevania>starcraft>doom>all final fantasy> most rpg's ingeneral>star ocean
that all i really am addicted to game wise

--------------------
Why is it that rpg's are now a dying breed?
Post #115976
Posted: 29th July 2011 21:56

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I would like to necro this thread to throw Borderlands into the ring. I bought it during the Steam sale about a month ago and didn't play it until I got back from Chicago at the beginning of this month. It's now been about three weeks since then and I've put 67 hours into the game. I've beaten it on a single player, and now Dragon_Fire, malevolence and I have a new campaign going. I also have a second single-player going, another file going (playthrough 2 of my original completion) with a college friend, and then yet ANOTHER one going with three other college friends. It's a little upsetting how much I play this game, but at the same time it's been a very long time since I completed a game and immediately wanted to start a new playthrough of it. Generally I'm worn out - I just want to keep going forever.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #196363
Posted: 29th July 2011 22:30

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (laszlow @ 27th August 2005 00:07)
Tetris wins, but I'll give honorable mentions to Katamari Damacy, Lumines, Civilization II, Ape Escape, Super Monkey Ball, and WINDJAMMERS.

This is me 6 years ago. I'm 100% influenced by zeitgeist in that post. I had recently played Super Monkey Ball and Lumines for the first time and was well into my year-long Katamari kick. I also suspect that's when I started emulating NeoGeo games hardcore, which is where WINDJAMMERS fits in. Ape Escape is one of my favorite PS1 games, so I guess that's why it's mentioned. Nothing to say about Tetris or Civ 2, those are addictive as **** any day of the week.

Nowadays, the things that get my neurotransmitters flowing are grindy RPGs. If I get hooked on an RPG, then I binge until it's finished. My favorite grindfests nowadays are my four D's: Disgaea, Diablo, Dragon Quest, and Dragon Age. In addition to those you can throw in FF Tactics and Torchlight.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 29th July 2011 22:30

--------------------
Post #196368
Posted: 30th July 2011 00:00

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Second place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Member of more than five years. Second place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
My Fallout 3 save file had racked up over 300 hrs by the time I was done with it.

Fallout: New Vegas is looking to end up being even longer. They are just such vast games, and I'm an utter completist. It's a bad mix.

--------------------
We apologise for the inconvenience
Post #196369
Posted: 31st July 2011 22:34

Black Mage

Awards:
Microsoft Freelancer
Warcraft III

Both are hell addicting. I spent like 6k hours playing Freelancer and about 1200 Warcraft III smile.gif
Post #196433
Posted: 1st August 2011 14:41

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (karasuman @ 27th August 2005 00:37)
Katamari Damacy.

I hated this game when my husband's best man brought it home right before the wedding. It seemed weird and random with annoying music and difficult controls.

Now, scarcely a day goes by that I don't play it. The controls are intuitive once you get the hang of them, I love the music, and...this is one of the best games ever.

YESSSS. Katamari Damacy is made of win. Playing it is like riding down a rainbow on a unicorn while drinking the laughter of children from a golden goblet.
Post #196453
Posted: 9th September 2011 02:32

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter.

Also FF9's TETRA MASTER, like I have played for hours upon hours personally.
Nearly purchased FF11 so I could play TETRA MASTER online.
Post #197259
Posted: 9th September 2011 05:05
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
They nicknamed it 'Minecrack' for a reason!

--------------------
Post #197260
Posted: 9th September 2011 07:32

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Quote (Bas @ 31st July 2011 22:34)
Microsoft Freelancer

oh dear. what have you done... oh no... OH NOOOOOOO

*dusts off freelancer*

--------------------
www.youtube.com/blinje
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the heavens
Post #197261
Posted: 9th September 2011 17:50

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I've been playing too much TF2 recently.

The good thing is that I've now logged 76 hours worth of playing TF2. This is just two hours less than the 78 hours I've logged playing Recettear: an Item Shop's Tale. I'd like to keep Recettear on top and this is a useful excuse to keep me from playing TF2.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #197268
Posted: 10th September 2011 09:12

Cactuar

Awards:
I find that I just cannot stop playing a character in Morrowind until they are capable of devastating Vivec with an Iron Dagger.

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #197282
Posted: 13th September 2011 07:43

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Sim City 4 Deluxe... IT NEVER ENDS AND I JUST WON'T STOP!

--------------------
PS3 tag: TipoDLuffy

"...quite possibly the greatest game ever made"
Post #197358
Posted: 13th September 2011 11:00

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Tetris is very addictive.

I also love mario 3 and zelda and metroid game and ultima underworld.

I used to spend hours playing tetris on the gameboy more than almost any game and get close to 200 lines once,which is very hard.
I was like:12 years old and remember this quite well.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #197363
Posted: 11th October 2011 05:14
Returner

Quote (footbigmike @ 30th September 2005 23:06)
I just found a new one here!
I'm addicted to this!

YESSSSSS!
Post #197767
Posted: 11th October 2011 05:24
Returner

Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 9th September 2011 19:50)

The good thing is that I've now logged 76 hours worth of playing TF2.

76 hrs = 2+ hrs per day for a mere month (if you just started now when the game became free, then it's decent)

FFVII = between 700-900 hrs logged

Honestly, the minigames, the leveling and the morphing to get the sources enough for top stats in all regards ........ testing all possibly theoretically possible secrets before the internet came and told me everything I needed to know... Oh My God, THAT is some screwed up addiction, and had me almost repeating a year of elementary school!

And I still happen to pick up the game for a "quick" play through, so many years later (I know, I'm not healthy)

wacko.gif
Post #197768
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: