CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Most addictive games

Posted: 26th August 2005 21:35

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Self-explanatory. I'm surprised no one has put this up yet.

I'm pretty sure that most MMORPGs are dead give aways. Other than that, these are the games I found to be most addicting:

Super Monkey Ball 2- This is pretty much the most addicting console game I've ever played. Weird environments, never the same concept twice. So much great multiplayer action, like dogfight and monkey gun.

Animal Crossing- I spent so many hours trying to pay back Tom Nook : (

007 Goldeneye- Best multiplayer FPS ever.

This post has been edited by FallingHeart on 26th August 2005 21:38

--------------------
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting... fighting was the only thing I was ever good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in." - Frank Yeager (a.k.a. Grey Fox)
Post #94814
Posted: 26th August 2005 21:42

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Heliattack3. So addicting, in fact, that I played until I beat my score of 200. I now have a record of 342 kills with over 20,000,000 points, but the shockwave.com high score thingy wasn't working when I went to submit it. I have proof for anybody interested.

Other than that, NBA Street Vol3 is pretty addicting, as is Diablo II.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #94815
Posted: 26th August 2005 21:50

Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I find Diablo and MK games to be addiscting. I have hard time putting them down once I pick them up.

--------------------
"Thought I was dead, eh? Not until I fulfill my dream!"
Seifer Almasy

"The most important part of the story is the ending."
Secret Window

"Peace is but a shadow of death."
Kuja
Post #94817
Posted: 26th August 2005 23:37
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Katamari Damacy.

I hated this game when my husband's best man brought it home right before the wedding. It seemed weird and random with annoying music and difficult controls.

Now, scarcely a day goes by that I don't play it. The controls are intuitive once you get the hang of them, I love the music, and...this is one of the best games ever.

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #94827
Posted: 27th August 2005 00:47

Engineer

Awards:
Helliattack 3, Katamari Damanci, and pretty much everything already mentioned are all plenty addicting, but they're nothing compared to GUNBOUND. Man I love that game.

Oh, and Warioware. Gotta love Warioware.

--------------------
The island bathes in the sun's bright rays
Distant hills wear a shroud of grey
A lonely breeze whispers in the trees
Sole witness to history

ICO-You were there-
Post #94829
Posted: 27th August 2005 01:12
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Bishi Bashi Special for the PS1. It's about 200 or so hilarious mini-games in one. I particularly like the one where you copy the way the on-screen lights flash on your controller to make your character's afro grow. Not alot of people have played it, but I'd imagine it to be a great 'post-pub' game - I've had it for about five, maybe six years now, and I'll still play a few games whilst I'm heating some food or running a bath.
Post #94830
Posted: 27th August 2005 01:56

Engineer

Awards:
First and foremost, Tetris. 'Nuff said.

Secondly, for some reason, I'm horribly addicted to LOZ, OOT. I must have played that game at least 15 times by now. The cartrige has eaten my soul. pinch.gif

And finaly, Gladius, for the GC. I played that game into the wee hours of the night while at my boyfriend's place. I think he was beginning to regret ever showing it to me. What can I say, I just can't resist smiting people, especialy in a game where you can play as a powerful nordic woman.

--------------------
TURKEY! - (The only way not to get blocked for using Fowl Language)
Post #94834
Posted: 27th August 2005 04:05

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Tetris (if you're good)
Donkey Kong (GB)

I can't quite think of any other really good examples, but they're usually those games that are not to difficult, but provide sufficient challenge to actually reach very high on the 'fun' value. Then they have to be able to keep going, and going, and going...

Plus, 101 levels of sheer ape-chasing always helps. (DKGB)

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #94843
Posted: 27th August 2005 05:07

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Tetris wins, but I'll give honorable mentions to Katamari Damacy, Lumines, Civilization II, Ape Escape, Super Monkey Ball, and WINDJAMMERS.

Oh, and I dunno what's up with your sudden fascination with DK '94, GMH, but it's an awesome game. I still remember that damn Iceberg stage that had an elementary-school laszlow frustrated for months.

--------------------
Post #94854
Posted: 27th August 2005 06:42

Group Icon
Wild 'n Wooly Shambler

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
Katamari Damacy (and likely its upcoming sequel), Animal Crossing, Tetris, almost the entire Harvest Moon series and the Super Monkey Balls are givens. However, the most addictive games of all time, in my opinion, are:

- Ms. Pac-Man
- Pac-Man
- Centipede
- Space Invaders
(All arcade versions, though the Atari 2600 port of Space Invaders is quite good)

I could literally play any of those four games forever and not become tired out (well, other than for that stupid 'sleeping' thing, which I'd probably have to do every once in a while). Sadly, only one arcade 'round here still has Centipede and Pac-Man (that I know of), so most of the time the only way to enjoy those and the other two is to pop in the less-than-awesome Atari ports.

Edit
Not to be a grammar 'n' spelling Nazi, but I thought I should just point this out: The word you're looking for is "addictive", not "addicting". "Addicting" is a verb, indicating the act of becoming dependent on something; "addictive" is an adjective, one that describes something you're addicted to like the video games we're discussing. My apologies - I just saw the improper term used in most of the posts and kinda snapped. Arrgh, I'm becoming what I hate! Feel free to ignore this li'l insignificant message if you wish. smile.gif

This post has been edited by SilverFork on 30th August 2005 10:14

--------------------
Words of Wisdom:

If something can go wrong, it will.

If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
- Murphy’s Law

Boing! Zoom! - Mr. Saturn
Post #94861
Posted: 27th August 2005 08:31

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
I believe Tetris is the game I have stuck with the most over the years. At this point, I can regularly go 300+ lines (I try doing nothing but tetrises to try and keep up the challenge level).

More recently, though, I've really gotten into FFT. When I first got it, I played it for 2 months straight, starting over like 5 or 6 times, heh.

--------------------
Post #94867
Posted: 27th August 2005 16:37

SOLDIER

Awards:
Wario Ware. I've never played the second one, but the first sucks up my life.

Also Tetris Attack.

--------------------
Some ghost of me might greet my son
the day he is delivered.

Eternal Sleep, Track 1-1: The Blue Planet
Post #94876
Posted: 27th August 2005 17:50

Dragoon

Awards:
WarioWare, Starcraft, and Tales of Symphonia they are super addicting, id put in WoW but its a MMORPG.
Post #94879
Posted: 27th August 2005 23:16

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
WoW is still game even if it is an MMORPG.

But I'd have to say WarioWare, Diablo, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Halo 2, Advance Wars, and Super Castlevania 4 (most any Castlevania game for that matter).
Post #94898
Posted: 28th August 2005 15:32

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
The most addicting game I ever played was YugiOh Forbidden memories, I spend half of my life trying to get rare cards....and to achieve the 999999 starchips, even I bought extra memories cards. Gladly I quited... thumbup.gif

--------------------
"Its no cheating if you don't get caught"
Post #94935
Posted: 28th August 2005 23:58

Black Waltz

Awards:
The addicting for will have to be Tetris Hours apon hours of being glued to my gameboy by now i'm like a master(yeah pretty sad). Golden eye 64 Best muti player game ever, tons of fun from dawn till dusk. Smash bros. melee Man! five hours a day seven days a week for three months.

And finaly Dynasty warriors 3 Gotta love killing tens of thousands of men.

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #94974
Posted: 7th September 2005 18:50

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
The games that I am most addicted to are

Shining Force
Final Fantasy Tactics
Bubble Bobble
Post #95764
Posted: 8th September 2005 21:48

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Tales of Synphonia,
Final Fantasy Tactics,
Super Smash Bros.,
Animal Crossing,
WoW,
and probably WarioWare. happy.gif

--------------------
eh?
Post #95866
Posted: 17th September 2005 00:53

Cactuar

Awards:
1. Final Fantasy Tactics- Most addicting game ever!!!
2.KOTOR
3. Final Fantasy X
Post #96602
Posted: 27th September 2005 14:45

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I know no one else will think this but i think paper mario is a really REALLY addictive game.

--------------------
Locke: Moogles...! Are you saying you want to help me?
Post #97529
Posted: 27th September 2005 20:31

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I know no one else will think this but i think paper mario is a really REALLY addictive game.

Actually, I agree with this. I beat the one for g/c in a few days, with getting all the badges and star pieces and everything. I just couldn't stop playing, and I don't know why.

I forgot that game when I posted earlier. I'm sure there are others I forgot, too. tongue.gif

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #97578
Posted: 27th September 2005 20:57

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Bomberman. It's fun, time-consuming, and you keep trying to get the high-score. I've never beat the original for the Megadrive yet, and ive played it hundreds of times!
Post #97587
Posted: 29th September 2005 19:56

Black Mage

Awards:
my favortie addicting game is of course the suffering i just think it is so awesome that if you dont kill all the people you run into you get a different ending then if you leave a few or spare them all

--------------------
Why is it that rpg's are now a dying breed?
Post #97753
Posted: 29th September 2005 21:10

Lunarian

Awards:
There was a time when I was spending every spare moment playing Super Smash Bros. I'd make random teams to combat me under secret pretenses. I'd play ever character under ever possible combat situation. If you take a look at the statistics for my cartridge you might be somewhat appalled. I guarentee your top games played isn't in the same order of magnitude as my Jigglypuff has by himself.

I played it alot.

--------------------
"That Light has bestowed upon me the greatest black magic!"
Post #97762
Posted: 29th September 2005 21:45

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2006. 
Tetris - Moving blocks around is fun.
Mutant League Football - A football game with landmines, aliens, and ref killing audibles.
General Chaos - Lead squads of commandos against General Havok.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Duh, I made an entire Sim game after this. And I had over 300 active players at one point. biggrin.gif
Dragon Warrior - That's right. The original. Spent thousands of hours playing it.

This post has been edited by Kairo on 29th September 2005 21:46
Post #97764
Posted: 29th September 2005 22:55

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I think this takes the cake. shifty.gif Bet you can't play just once!

--------------------
I know I've been Final Fantasy XII too long - just the other day I referred to a region with no cell service as a Jagd!
Post #97771
Posted: 29th September 2005 23:41

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Dr. Mario
Tetris
Mahjongg
Earthbound wub.gif
Earthbound Zero
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Contra
Post #97775
Posted: 30th September 2005 13:25

Black Waltz

Awards:
Tetris, Katamri Damacy, Earthbound, Wario ware!

This post has been edited by Barrylocke on 30th September 2005 13:25

--------------------
Post #97826
Posted: 30th September 2005 21:06

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I just found a new one here!
I'm addicted to this!

This post has been edited by footbigmike on 30th September 2005 21:07
Post #97870
Posted: 1st October 2005 05:37

Dragoon

Awards:
Super smash brothers (if you consistantly have your friends over)
tetris
Super smash brothers melee (two SSB is all a gamer could ever hope for)
Counter strike
Diablo2
Speed football (don't get me started...)

Possible spoilers: highlight to view
and now a third SSB installment is coming out

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #97907
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: