CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Rare Entries: get your game on

Posted: 6th May 2005 20:51

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Welcome to the first round of Caves of Narshe Rare Entries. Anyone who wants to can play, and if you want to know how the game is played, check the “Rare Entries Game” topic in General Gaming Chat. Because the reason we’re all here is we love classic FF games, I’ll have four of the six questions pertain to Square-Enix. If you enter an invalid entry (an entry that doesn’t follow the rules of the prompt) then your score for that entry is [# of players] – 1, which does serious damage to your overall score. Be sure to PM me if you need any clarification on the prompts. The reference sites below the prompts should provide any information you need to determine your answers.

1. Name a class from Final Fantasy Tactics that can equip robes.

2. Name one of Rush’s functions from Mega Man 3-8 (formatted Rush _____, not “a flying skateboard”)

3. Name a summon materia from Final Fantasy VII.

4. Name a town from Final Fantasy VI.

5. Name a character from either of the SNES Lufia games.

6. Name a weapon for Mallow or Geno in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Recommended reference sites:
Caves of Narshe
Mega Man info
Lufia info
Lufia 2 info
SMRPG info

Send in your answers to epicpoet (at) gmail (dot) com with “Caves of Narshe Rare Entries” in the subject line. I will accept all entries received before noon on Monday, May 9, 2005. This topic will be unlocked and the results will be posted that afternoon. Good luck to everyone.
Edit
For clarification, the FF Tactics class has to be playable by the player without cheating (no Assassins, High Priests, etc.), and the Lufia character has to be a playable character (no Sinistrals, no Brant, no Arek, you get the idea). Sorry for these coming so late.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 25th May 2005 16:07

--------------------
Post #82520
Posted: 6th May 2005 21:15

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Las, you have moderator permission to close your own topics when they're for this game. Feel free from now on.

Also, everyone, note the notice about forum outage. I suggest getting done early this week, just in case.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #82521
Posted: 9th May 2005 15:24

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Well, I only got seven entries for the game, and I'd really like to have more... so I'll extend the deadline to Wednesday and hope that we get at least ten total before I post results.

--------------------
Post #82752
Posted: 11th May 2005 20:06

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
OK, the winner of round one out of thirteen participants was Duo_Dragoon with a final score of 6 points. D_D had an impressive five perfect entries, but was one of six suckers who picked Kjata for prompt #4. Other especially popular entries were Rush Power Adapter(#2), Rush Search (#2), Lexis (#5), and Cymbals (#6), with four submissions each. Everyone though surprisingly alike this first round, with many entries scoring over 100 points and tons of answers with multiple submissions. The set of six prompts and Duo_Dragoon's winning entry:

1. Name a class from Final Fantasy Tactics that can equip robes.
Wizard (1)

2. Name one of Rush’s functions from Mega Man 3-8.
Rush Coil (1)

3. Name a summon materia from Final Fantasy VII.
Kjata (6)

4. Name a town from Final Fantasy VI.
South Figaro (1)

5. Name a character from either of the SNES Lufia games.
Maxim (1)

6. Name a weapon for Mallow or Geno in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Star Gun (1)

And now the overall scores. To find out how what people submitted, use the letter next to their name and find it in the submitted answers list below the scoreboard. Remember, scores were calculated by multiplying the number of people that also submitted each of a player's answer together. Duo_Dragoon's score was 6 because 1*1*6*1*1*1 = 6. If two scores are tied, the one that was submitted first is placed first (I don't have to go into tiebreakers, because there was a clear winner).

A. Duo_Dragoon - 6
B. laszlow - 24
C. Glenn Magus Harvey -24
D. Silverfork - 24
E. Dark Paladin - 54
F. SilverMaduin - 72
G. ImperialStooge - 96
H. Caesar - 144
I. Gears - 144
J. Rangers51 - 384
K. gozaru~ - 1,152
L. Alphasmart - 2,592
M. Kame - 2,985,984 (six invalid entries)

Prompt 1: Oracle (B), Samurai (C, J), Calculator (F, H, L), Holy Knight (D), Wizard (A), Engineer (K), Priest (G), Heaven Knight (E), Mediator (I)

Prompt 2: Rush Health (B), Rush Search (C, F, G, J), Rush Marine (D), Rush Power Adapter (H, I, K, L), Rush Coil (A), Rush Item (E)

Prompt 3: Shiva (B, J), Odin ©, Chocobo/Mog (F), Titan (D), Master Summon (H), Kjata (A, E, G, I, K, L)

Prompt 4: Tzen (B, J, L), Albrook (C, E, H), Nikeah (D, F, K), South Figaro (A), Jidoor (G), Kohlingen (I)

Prompt 5: Dekar (B), Aguro ©, The Hero (F), Lexis (D, H, J, K), Maxim (A), Lufia (E, I, L), Artea (G)

Prompt 6: Cymbals (B, G, K, L), Double Punch ©, Ribbit Stick (F, I), Sticky Glove (D, J), Whomp Glove (H), Star Gun (A), Hand Cannon (E)

I decided to make them nice and detailed because I'm done with exams and back home in NoVA (hence the change in location). I decided to not keep cumulative scores because that's just silly and discourages people from playing. I'll try to post the next set of prompts once Duo_Dragoon send them to me, but until then have a nice summer! Feel free to discuss/boast/complain/whatever about the game on this thread until I close it again for the next set of prompts.

Oh, and because of wi-fi problems at home, I won't be able to go on the chat for another week or so. Ciao.
Edit
Had to disable smilies, but I still can't get rid of the copyright sign (which is a lone C in parentheses)

This post has been edited by laszlow on 11th May 2005 20:11

--------------------
Post #83002
Posted: 11th May 2005 20:33

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
blarg. blarg to the max. How on earth did I get such a bad score? pinch.gif at the moment, I'm almost in tears, and am just about avoiding shorting out my keyboard. Ah, well, at least I didn't get the worst score (but I must wander what led to kame getting such a result)

*curls up in a corner in tears, hoping in vain that someone will come and comfort me for my failure*

--------------------
"Fire and steel
follow me through the lands
you will burn hordes of hell
in the deadly raging flames of revenge"

Rhapsody - Flames of Revenge
Post #83009
Posted: 12th May 2005 09:38

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (laszlow @ 11th May 2005 15:06)
M.  Kame - 2,985,984 (six invalid entries)

THIS led to Kame's score.

Myself I don't think my score of 3*4*1*3*1*2=72 wasn't that bad. It had only two digits tongue.gif And two perfect entries to boot happy.gif

As for the © mark, when you write it like this, just put in spaces between the "c" and the parentheses.
Like this ( c )

This post has been edited by SilverMaduin on 12th May 2005 09:39

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #83057
Posted: 12th May 2005 15:25

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
And yeah, well, I tried, and tied for second. Interestingly, I picked the only choice in two categories that I was quite unfamiliar with--FFVII summon materias and Lufia characters. Looks like I got a sufficiently strange choice for a Mallow or Geno weapon, but I can't believe no one picked Zozo!

Also, strangely enough, four people went for the unusual Rush Search, and no one picked the most famous Rush function, the Rush Coil...except our winner, Duo_Dragoon.

Also, if you're wondering how Kame's score got so high, here's how: each invalid entry is a score of (numberofplayers - 1). So, since numberofplayers = 13, each entry got a score of 12, and when they were multipled together, we get 12 ^ 6 = 2 985 984.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokmon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #83078
Posted: 12th May 2005 16:38

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Well, everyone tried to pick something somewhat obscure, and what resulted were tons of people picking things like Lexis and the Rush Power Adapter. Game theory is all about determining strategies based on assuming your opponents adopt certain strategies, and everyone just thought too hard. The winning entry was so successful because he went for a ton of early game, fairly obvious answers that everyone else dismissed as too common an answer.

The omissions that really surprised me were a lack of any of the three Bahamut summon materias, no Narshe or Zozo, and no Rush Jet.

--------------------
Post #83088
Posted: 15th May 2005 16:47

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Here's this week's set of prompts. Also, I've decided to not keep any kind of cumulative score, mostly to not discourage people from playing if they do badly once and also to save me the trouble of having to keep them. If you want to know the rules, check the details in the "Rare Entries Game" thread and the first post of this thread; this thread will be closed until I post the results. If you need any clarification on the prompts or the rules, PM me or email me at epicpoet at gmail dot com. Without further ado, the prompts:

1. Let's start of nice and easy. Name a job class from Final Fantasy (I). Before and after promotion count as two seperate job classes (use NES names).

2. Name a Capcom series/franchise with at least three games in it (very nearly all of them). Please be specific (Street Fighter is acceptable, Street Fighter Alpha isn't; Mega Man, Mega Man Zero, and Mega Man X are all acceptable) email or PM me if you have specific questions about the prompt, I'll reply back if your submission is accidentally invalid).

3. Name a playable character in Final Fantasy IV. Any different "versions" of a character (as in their sprite changes sometime during the game) count as TWO seperate characters, just for fun.

4. Name a female character in the Soul Calibur series of fighting games (Soul Blade, Soul Calibur I - III).

5. Name a random encounter monster family from Final Fantasy Tactics.

6. You'll hate me for this one: name a Pokemon from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, or Silver of the Bug type.

Send your answers to epicpoet at gmail dot com, sometime before midnight on Thursday of this week, barring a lack of participants like last time. I'll post answers sometime Friday morning or afternoon.

Recommended reference sites:

Caves of Narshe

IGN's list of all Capcom games ever made

Soul Calibur series characters

PokeDex

Edit
Oh yeah, I had to write the prompts again. Duo_Dragoon never got back to me and both GMH and Silverfork politely declined, so it was up to me.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 15th May 2005 16:55

--------------------
Post #83368
Posted: 20th May 2005 12:28

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
OK, I hate to sound like a whiny loser, but we only had eight entries this week, and I really want 10+, so all of you that are skipping out (you know who you are) need to submit something. I'll extend the deadline to tommorow night at 11 PM (until Adult Swim starts), so get cracking!

Oh, and I'm also happy to report that we have MUCH lower scoring this time around, so don't be afraid of embarassing yourself. The current highest score is 24.

--------------------
Post #83860
Posted: 22nd May 2005 05:32

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Out of ten entrants, the winner for this week's set of prompts was Neal, with a final score of 2 points. You can probably figure out that the only way that Neal could possibly get this score would be to get five perfect entries and one deuce, on the final prompt no less. There weren't any hugely popular selections like last time, with five entries with three submissions and none with four or more. The scores were also much lower overall, with every single score below the default standard mean of 64 (2^6). Only five out of thirteen entries scored that well in the first round. Here are the six original prompts and Neal's winning entry:

1. Let's start of nice and easy. Name a job class from Final Fantasy (I). Before and after promotion count as two seperate job classes (use NES names).
Master (1)

2. Name a Capcom series/franchise with at least three games in it (very nearly all of them). Please be specific (Street Fighter is acceptable, Street Fighter Alpha isn't; Mega Man, Mega Man Zero, and Mega Man X are all acceptable) email or PM me if you have specific questions about the prompt, I'll reply back if your submission is accidentally invalid).
Mega Man Battle Network (1)

3. Name a playable character in Final Fantasy IV. Any different "versions" of a character (as in their sprite changes sometime during the game) count as TWO seperate characters, just for fun.
Adult Rydia (1)

4. Name a female character in the Soul Calibur series of fighting games (Soul Blade, Soul Calibur I - III).
Tira (1)

5. Name a random encounter monster family from Final Fantasy Tactics.
Morbols (1)

6. You'll hate me for this one: name a Pokemon from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, or Silver of the Bug type.
Beedrill (2)

For the overall scores, you can trace who submitted what by finding their identifying letter in the prompt submissions pool below. In case of a tie, the entry I received first is listed first.

A. Neal - 2
B. laszlow - 8
C. Silverfork - 6 (fixed)
D. SilverMaduin - 18
E. Gears - 18
F. Kane - 18
G. Glenn Magus Harvey - 18
H. FallingHeart - 24
I. gozaru~ - 27
J. Rangers51 - 18 (fixed)

Prompt 1: Red Mage (B, G), Ninja (D), Theif (H), White Wizard (E), Master (A), Black Belt ©, Red Wizard (F, I, J)

Prompt 2: Breath of Fire (B, G), Resident Evil (D), Devil May Cry (H), Onimusha (E), Mega Man BN (A), Final Fight ©, Capcom vs. SNK (I), Magical Quest (J), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (F)

Prompt 3: Cid (B), Edge (D, G, I), Palom (H, J), Yang (E), Adult Rydia (A), Porom (C, F)

Prompt 4: Seung Mina (B), Talim (D, G, F), Cassandra (C, E, I), Tira (A), Setsuka (J), Taki (F)

Prompt 5: Panthers (B, H), Goblins (D), Dryads (E, F, J), Ahrimans (G), Morbols (A), Bombs ©, Juravi (I)

Prompt 6: Venonat (B), Beedrill (A, D), Metapod (E, H), Paras (G), Venomoth ©, Spinarak (I), Weedle (J), Kakuna (F)

So that's it. Thank you and good night.
Edit
Forgot to disable smilies. Again. I think I'll keep those copyright signs, though, it looks kind of funky with the spaces.

Edit
I didn't want to change the rankings order because that would entail refitting more than half of the key letters. Silverfork is actually second and Rangers51 is in the massive tie for fourth.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 22nd May 2005 14:25

--------------------
Post #84060
Posted: 22nd May 2005 13:40

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I am so. bad. at. this. game.

Wait, so my first choice for Capcom wasn't acceptable? Why was that? Not that it would have mattered, as far behind as I was anyway.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 22nd May 2005 13:41

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #84077
Posted: 22nd May 2005 14:23

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Wait, you're right, Magical Quest should be acceptable. In your email you said you weren't sure that it would be because it was "crossplatform," so I naturally assumed that it was less than three games in the series released across multiple platforms (I don't claim to be an expert in Magical Quest). I used the backup answer you included, but now, upon a quick search, I realize that there are more than three Magical Quest games, so your score is 18 and Silverfork's is 6. I'd change the letters, but that's a huge hassle.
Edit
Sentence structure

This post has been edited by laszlow on 22nd May 2005 14:27

--------------------
Post #84081
Posted: 23rd May 2005 07:06

Crusader

Awards:
Why didn't I say Sophitia and Caterpie, like I at first intended...ah, well wink.gif I'll do better next time (hopefully)...

If understand right, devising the prompts is now up to Neal, right?

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

Good old CoN
Post #84149
Posted: 23rd May 2005 07:46

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Yeah, I sent in the prompts, and Laz said he'd get them up tomorrow (today).

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #84155
Posted: 23rd May 2005 15:22

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Here are this week's set of prompts, courtesy of Neal.

1. Name a skillset from Gogo's list of equippable skills from FF6.

2. Name a character in Wild ARMs 2 that fights with you in at least one battle.

3. Name a general weapon type from Secret of Mana.

4. Name a level of FFT's Deep Dungeon.

5. Name an elemental spirit from Secret of Mana.

6. Name a weapon that Cloud can equip from FF7.

Email me at epicpoet at gmail dot com to submit your entry or for any clarification needs. I'll accept all entries received before midnight on Thursday of this week, again unless I need to post reminders.

Recommended Reference sites:

Caves of Narshe

Secret of Mana info (check the collectibles tab for weapons and the magic tab for elemental spirits)

Wild ARMs 2 info

--------------------
Post #84181
Posted: 25th May 2005 16:12

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
OK, the next round ends tomorrow at midnight, so here's a quick reminder to get those submissions in. I need a minimum of two or three more to get it done on time, so be sure to get cracking on it. Come on, people, it takes five minutes; I even gave you sites with all the info you'll need.

--------------------
Post #84361
Posted: 27th May 2005 16:25

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Gears won this round with an impressive score of 3, which is again five perfect entries and one triple. However, there were seveal hot on his heels, with three others scoring below ten points. Again, there were no answers this time with more than three submissions, helping keep the scores somewhat down. In fact, distribution seemed pretty even, with roughly half of the scores falling under the benchmark of 64 and only two scores above 100. Notable among the scorers were SilverMaduin and imperialstooge, who had the same score, submitted their answers at nearly the same time, and had three of the same answers. Here are the six prompts again and Gears' winning entry:

1. Name a skillset from Gogo's list of equippable skills from FF6.
Throw (1)

2. Name a character in Wild ARMs 2 that fights with you in at least one battle.
Lilka (1)

3. Name a general weapon type from Secret of Mana.
Bow (1)

4. Name a level of FFT's Deep Dungeon.
MLAPAN (3)

5. Name an elemental spirit from Secret of Mana.
Luna (1)

6. Name a weapon that Cloud can equip from FF7.
Mythril Saber (1)

Overal scores, same deal as before. Ties are "broken" by whichever entry was submitted first.

A. Gears - 3
B. Dark Paladin - 4
C. laszlow - 6
D. Neal - 6
E. Kane - 36
F. Shotgunnova - 48
G. Rangers51 - 64
H. imperialstooge - 72
I. SilverMaduin - 72
J. Del S - 108
K. Silverfork - 144

Prompt 1: Magic ©, Lore (D, E), Item (G, K), Blitz (H, I), Dance (B), Sketch (F, J), Throw (A)

Prompt 2: Brad ©, Luceid (D), Anastasia (F, G), Ashley (F, H), Kanon (I, J, K), Marivel (E), Lilka (A)

Prompt 3: Glove ©, Javelin (D, E, J), Sword (G, I), Axe (H), Whip (B), Boomerang (F, K), Bow (A)

Prompt 4: MLAPAN (A, C, F), DELTA (D), TIGER (G, J), NOGIAS (H, I), END (B), BRIDGE (E, K)

Prompt 5: Shade ©, Sylphid (D), Salamando (B, G), Undine (H, I, J), Lumina (F, K), Dryad (E), Luna (A)

Prompt 6: Force Stealer (C, G), Crystal Sword (D), Butterfly Edge (E, H, K), Hardedge (I), Yoshiyuki (B), Organics (F), Mythril Saber (A), Nail Bat (J)

So that's it. I'll post Gears' set (or whoever fills in for him) Sunday, hopefully.

--------------------
Post #84621
Posted: 27th May 2005 16:45

Group Icon
Wild 'n Wooly Shambler

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
HA! My premonition was correct - I lost bad this time. Last place, w00t!

I should know by now to quit when I'm ahead whenever I get that feeling. tongue.gif

--------------------
Words of Wisdom:

If something can go wrong, it will.

If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
- Murphy’s Law

Boing! Zoom! - Mr. Saturn
Post #84623
Posted: 27th May 2005 17:56

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Sorry I ignored this place lazlow I hope to partake in your next set of questions. I feel kind of stupid hee hee.
-Duo

--------------------
Post #84626
Posted: 27th May 2005 21:53

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
I'm pretty sure I put Wisp for the Secret of Mana question...

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #84660
Posted: 27th May 2005 22:00

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Wisp is called Lumina in Secret of Mana. You are thinking in Seiken Densetsu 3 terms, but I took the liberty of correcting your answer. I'm also fairly certain I sent you an email about it.

--------------------
Post #84662
Posted: 27th May 2005 22:02

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Oh, that's why.

I also rarely check my e-mail, so that's why as well. tongue.gif

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #84663
Posted: 29th May 2005 20:45

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Here are this week's set of prompts, coming from Gears this time around. Some of the prompts have only six or seven possible answers, so the scoring might be a little high this time around. Good luck, everyone.

1. Name an era in Chrono Trigger*.

2. Name a broken machine Jeff can fix in Earthbound.

3. Name a summon/GF/aeon who appears in all three of
FFVII, VIII, and IX**.

4. Name a green elemental character in Chrono Cross.

5. Name one of God's ten wise men in Star Ocean 2***.

6. Name a street gang from River City Ransom (NES only).

Again, email me at epicpoet at gmail dot com to submit your entry or for any clarification needs. I'll accept all entries received before midnight on Thursday of this week, and I'll probably post a reminder on Wednesday or Thursday.

Recommended Reference Sites:

Chrono Trigger Eras*

Earthbound Broken Items

Final Fantasy Summons information**

Chrono Cross Characters (the "innate" color is the character's element)

God's Ten Wise Men ***

River City Ransom Gangs

*Lavos's special dimension (called Keystone in the link) doesn't count. The other seven are fine.

**There are seven possible answers. The subject has to present in all three games as a summon, GF, or Aeon. By my count, I get seven possible answers for this; ask any and all questions in emails.

***In the link I gave, look under section 9 - "Important people in Energy Nede" - GTWM are the first people listed.

--------------------
Post #84869
Posted: 2nd June 2005 03:09

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I have nine entries thus far for this week. We want as many as possible, so be sure to send in your entry before the deadline tomorrow night. Good luck, all.

--------------------
Post #85200
Posted: 3rd June 2005 05:30

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
SilverMaduin won this time of the ten contestants with a 6, the only score below ten and a third of his second place competitor Shotgunnova's score. The distribution was fairly even, again, mostly thanks to the lack of participants and entries with more than three submissions: 600 AD, 12,000 BC (both #1), Bahamut (#3), Ruprecht (#5), The MOB, and The Internationals (both #6), to be exact. And now, the six prompts and SM's winning entry:

1. Name an era in Chrono Trigger.
End of Time (1)

2. Name a broken machine Jeff can fix in Earthbound.
Broken Machine (1)

3. Name a summon/GF/aeon who appears in all three of
FFVII, VIII, and IX.
Bahamut (3)

4. Name a green elemental character in Chrono Cross.
Glenn (2) <- mad props for picking this, as Glenn was my favorite CC character *grin*

5. Name one of God's ten wise men in Star Ocean 2.
Marsillio (1)

6. Name a street gang from River City Ransom (NES only).
The Cowboys (1)

Overall scores, just like before.

A. SilverMaduin - 6
B. Shotgunnova - 18
C. laszlow - 24
D. Rangers51 - 36
E. Shadow Monroe - 36
F. Gears - 48
G. yunakitty - 72
H. Neal - 108
I. Del S - 108
J. Mcclanahan - 144

Prompt 1: 65,000,000 BC ©, 1999 AD (cool.gif, 600 AD (G, I, J), 12,000 BC (D, E, H), End of Time (A)

Prompt 2: Broken Water Pipe ©, Broken Spray (cool.gif, Broken Iron (G, I), Broken Air Gun (F, H), Broken Tube (D, J), Broken Machine (A), Broken Bazooka (E)

Prompt 3: Phoenix (C, D), Odin (B, J), Alexander (G), Bahamut (A, H, I), Leviathan (E, F) [the two not used were stalwarts Shiva and Ifrit]

Prompt 4: Glenn (A, C), Sprigg (cool.gif, Razzly (G, H), Radius (D), Turnip (I, J), Van (F), Karsh (E)

Prompt 5: Decus (C, F), Ruprecht (B, G, H), Jibril (D), Haniel (I), Marsillio (A), Cyril (E, J)

Prompt 6: The MOB (C, E, J), The Internationals (B, D, I), The Jocks (F, G), The Home Boys (H), The Cowboys (A)

I'll post SilverMaduin's list once I have it. If you haven't played the game yet and might be interested in the next round, check out the rules thread here. Everything there's true except there are no cumulative scores kept so you don't have to play every week.

--------------------
Post #85265
Posted: 4th June 2005 12:20

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
This is a fun game. It frightens me a little however, reinforcing my suspicion that Neal is my long lost brother or something. When I was reading through this topic last week, too late to play the other rounds, I'd still make myself up a little list of what I would have entered, and then checking it against the actual entries, Neal had 2 or 3 exactly the same, and look, this round we had 2 same answers. And the first thing that popped in my head reading the description of this game was "It's like Scattergories." And that's what Neal wrote on the other topic about this game! Freaky! So, Neal, are you an elf that lives in my head?

--------------------
Kupo!
Post #85373
Posted: 4th June 2005 13:40

Crusader

Awards:
I just sent in my antries to Lasz, so let the game begin as quickly as possible. happy.gif

PS: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I WON!!! =happy.gif=
*happy like a little kiddy*

--------------------

Good old CoN
Post #85379
Posted: 4th June 2005 13:59

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Ummm... I don't seem to have your submissions, chief. Where did you send them to?

--------------------
Post #85382
Posted: 6th June 2005 21:12

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Here's week 5, my apologies for the lateness; I had trouble finding a decent site for Metal Slug or AvP so I had to resort to Gamefaqs. Some of the prompts have a low number of possible answers (1 and 5 have only six choices), but prompt #2 has 45 possible answers so stop whining. Good luck to everyone.

1. Name a weapon from Metal Slug.

2. Name an Alien type in Alien vs. Predator Arcade*.

3. Name a double tech from Chrono Trigger.

4. Name an item Edge can throw in Final Fantasy IV (use PSX names).

5. Name one of Zero's weapons from Megaman Zero, parts 1, 2 and 3*.

6. Name a weapon that can be equipped by a Fighter, Black Belt, or Thief in Final Fantasy I (use PSX names, no Dawn of Souls).

Email your submissions to epicpoet at gmail dot com sometime before midnight on Saturday of this week, I'll probably post them after Adult Swim's over or something.

Recommended Reference Sites

Metal Slug Guide (check the Weapons section)

Alien vs. Predator Guide

List of Double Techs

Caves of Narshe

Mega Man Zero info

*only use Xenomorph aliens from the section 3.4 of the guide. There should be thirteen or fourteen possible answers, I'm not exactly sure.

**there are six possible answers here, the four weapons from the first game (three of which are in all three games, IIRC) and the two other Rod weapons from 2 and 3.

--------------------
Post #85573
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: