CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Favorite Mario Paint Composer Selections

Posted: 23rd February 2018 20:12

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
If you're like me, and you shouldn't be, you were probably enraptured 25 years ago with Mario Paint's composing tools. They were simple, but fun, and they definitely helped me learn that I really didn't have much musical aptitude.

Since then, though, there was a standalone composer made that extended what Nintendo did with the original, and people way more talented than I could ever be started making Mario Paint-y versions of all kinds of different music.

So, here's a thread to talk about some awesome MPC music you've found on YouTube. I'll start with a pretty great one from one of gaming's best soundtracks, Mega Man 2. It's not as polished as some others you'll find, but it's wonderfully frenetic.

And I guess maybe have some Final Fantasy stuff, too.

Edit
And yeah, I made a thread like this a long time ago, too, specific just to FF back then. You can review it too. And another random thread like it.

Edit
Another edit: The more I listen to that Mega Man 2 one, the more it seems augmented with some features that I'm not sure are even available in Mario Paint Composer - aka, it seems like it might be partially faked. Shameful!

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 23rd February 2018 20:24

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214550
Posted: 23rd February 2018 20:18

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
"What is Love?" on Mario Paint Composer is probably my favorite one I've seen, though it has been a while since I looked at a bunch of these in earnest. I appreciated this one since it used the base sounds, rather than modifying the sounds in an external editor (which is basically just making your own synth version at that point).

Honorable Mention: Paranoid Android - Radiohead (forgot how amazing this one was)

And if we're talking game related...This Zelda Medley is my favorite, this dude obviously put a ridiculous amount of time to both his medleys on here (the other being the Evolution of Video games one) and is clearly musically-oriented outside just this program. This one made it to my VGM playlist.

Edit: And since this is a FF forum...one of my other favorite MPC choices: FF1 Game Over Music

This post has been edited by TheEvilEye on 23rd February 2018 20:23
Post #214551
Posted: 23rd February 2018 22:50

Black Mage

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2017. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2010. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2006. Third place in CoNCAA, 2008. 
See More (Total 10)
Toto - Africa

The end.

--------------------
And have you found your joy, in this near dead world of ours?
Post #214552
Posted: 26th February 2018 16:27

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
The use of dogs in this one is wonderful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCmSmdcFNw

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214553
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: