CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Stardew Valley

Posted: 6th June 2016 16:18

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Anybody else playing a ton of Stardew Valley? It's a Harvest Moon type game, but it was developed by a single person and has a ton of heart. I'm like 80+ hours into my file and only now starting to tire a bit. It's still a blast and it's so easy to get lost in a single play session.

http://upload.farm/1B9Joh#mainFarm My farm as it stands now, in the third summer. Not much, but I like it.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #210872
Posted: 6th June 2016 16:46

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I'm resisting getting it because I know I don't have time to take it on. I'd like to, because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it seems like it would be really fun, but for now I'm going to live vicariously on it through chat. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #210874
Posted: 7th June 2016 12:48

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
Neaaaal where did your awesome brewery area go?! I'll post my farm probably in a couple days, though I am still in the first year on this current run.

I love Stardew Valley and have gone through it a few times, however I haven't gotten to the "ending" part. I really like playing through the early and mid game the most, when everything is the most difficult and just trying to unlock things faster. This time though, I am going to focus on my farm layout for once.

I've come to really enjoy this game even more than my Harvest Moon games, and that's saying a lot. Granted it is newer, but it has a lot more conveniences to expedite what otherwise became tedious in HM games, like the ranching and crop watering aspects. I really appreciate these changes, and even the little combat stuff put in the game to make the mine more interesting.

And for once, the NPC personalities seem much more real. Your typical HM game usually shows 90% of people uncommonly happy all the time, with the other 10% being on the opposite end, for no explained reason. I like that these characters on the surface are nuanced enough, and as you get to know them you find out many of them have real problems and it's fun getting to know them.

I always figured the HM franchise would keep me going, but this game popped up out of nowhere and became my go-to for any farm sim game. It has been worth every hour spent on it.
Post #210882
Posted: 7th June 2016 14:22

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Quote (TheEvilEye @ 7th June 2016 06:48)
Neaaaal where did your awesome brewery area go?! I'll post my farm probably in a couple days, though I am still in the first year on this current run.

I filled my greenhouse with Ancient Fruit plants so I had to move my rad brewery area indoors, into that second barn up top. It is extremely rewarding to go in there and see like 60 Ancient Fruit Wine waiting for me. Give me all the money.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #210883
Posted: 14th June 2016 13:57

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
It was announced for Xbox One at Microsoft's conference yesterday at E3, but it is in fact coming before the end of the year for PS4 and Wii U as well. It's being ported by some other development shops, apparently, and they're working on the controller support, from what I read.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #210948
Posted: 25th July 2018 21:14

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
Alright, who is playing Multiplayer????? Comes out August 1st on PC!

I've got it on my Switch now as well., but that multiplayer mode is coming later...
Post #215082
Posted: 13th November 2020 23:45

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 6th June 2016 11:46)
I'm resisting getting it because I know I don't have time to take it on. I'd like to, because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it seems like it would be really fun, but for now I'm going to live vicariously on it through chat. smile.gif

Yeah I have had it for years and I am trying to get to the game. I got so much on my plate right now its crazy.

Once a year I have to replay the Resident Evil Series (Not all the games but those in chronological order) sort of like watching the office once a year biggrin.gif

--------------------
His Divine Shadow

Got Lexx?

Click to vist FFF.

Post #216370
Posted: 14th November 2020 09:28

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I have not actually played it yet actually. There are two main reasons for that. The first is that I feel like I need to play Harvest Moon on the S.N.E.S. first to fully appreciate both games, and the other is that I had to repurpose the S.S.D. I bought for my Playstation 4 pro when my computer broke. I do plan on playing this game eventually though.

Now I am not sure if I should be playing the Playstation 4 version though. I only bought that because I thought the physical collector's editions were being discontinued and it was on sale, but as it turns out Fangamer is actually selling a new editions for the P.C. and Switch in the form of (a newer collector's edition, and a standard edition). I was originally just going to provide a link to that, but as it turns out Fangamer is having a few sale, so I wrote about that in more detail in the deals thread instead. That new collector's edition is a lovely bit of kit.

I'll probably buy both so I can have a version for each system to compare just to justify my pre-existing purchase, but I am not sure which of the three versions would be the best to play first. I think the Switch version has some minor Nintendo related exclusive content if I recall correctly, but then again the P.C. version is the original game and probably has more flexibility in terms of what you can do with it since the system is not locked down.

Which version of the game would you folk recommend actually playing? Also, for me portability is not really favored one way or the other, mostly because the G.D.P. Win series of portable windows gaming handhelds exists, otherwise the choice would probably be more obviously skewed towards the Switch.

--------------------
Post #216374
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: