CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Good gaming deals

Posted: 22nd November 2017 17:54

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
For those of you who buy PC games digitally, it's also the GOG Black Friday Sale and the Humble Store Fall Sale right now.

The game MDK is free on GOG until tomorrow.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #213971
Posted: 2nd January 2018 22:03

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/scribble...ff-picks-bundle

Everything from LiEat to Bioshock Infinite.

Okay, seven games in total, but they include those two.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 2nd January 2018 22:04

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #214381
Posted: 2nd January 2018 22:38

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I got that Humble email earlier too. Not really grabbing me as a whole package, but Bioshock Infinite for under $6 (as I write this) is a deal unto itself if you haven't played it. It's a shame that you can't also get the BSI DLC for an increased target, though.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 2nd January 2018 22:39

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214384
Posted: 1st March 2018 20:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Square Enix are having a Publisher's Weekend on Steam. No Chrono Trigger, if for some reason you want that based on current reviews, but just about everything else is on there: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/squaree...lisher-weekend/

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #214561
Posted: 1st March 2018 21:18
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Ooh! The entire soul reaver series for less than a happy meal?

user posted image

--------------------
Post #214562
Posted: 2nd March 2018 02:34

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Huh, I didn't know Anachronox was a Squenix game.

That said I see that the FF games are at -50%. Somehow I don't think that they'll be going lower than that for the next few years...

Aside from FFXIV. That one has no discount mark. Does anyone know if that's a game where you pay to buy it and then pay a subscription on top of that?

Secret of Mana is also undiscounted, but that's another recent release of theirs.

And...does anyone have an opinion on Yosumin?

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #214564
Posted: 2nd March 2018 13:30

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 2nd March 2018 02:34)
Huh, I didn't know Anachronox was a Squenix game.

I think it comes under Square Enix through their acquisition of Eidos.

Aside from FFXIV.  That one has no discount mark.  Does anyone know if that's a game where you pay to buy it and then pay a subscription on top of that?

You pay to buy the game and there is a subscription fee but, last I checked, you can play for free up until level 35.
Post #214565
Posted: 12th July 2018 20:14

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Humble Bundle has a Square Enix publisher's week this week, it looks like. Tons of games on there, some of them at pretty low prices. Setsuna's on there for $20, which seems pretty decent. Lost Sphear is $25. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is under $10 to buy the base game and the season pass together.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/sq...publisher-sale/

--------------------

Post #215060
Posted: 10th October 2018 16:38

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Unfortunately, I'm just about too late to report another Humble store Square Enix Discount week, which is ending in 17 minutes probably before anybody gets a chance to read this.. The game that most interests me is Humble Anne because the gameplay imagery is hand drawn. For future reference, it was 25% off this week or $14.99 for the base version, which is pretty good for what seems like a relatively good game.

However, my purposes here are not restricted quite to that. The Humble Discovery Pack, which costs at least $10, comes with the P.C. version of Phantom Brave, which was originally one of Nippon Ichi Software's many time honored Playstation 2 Tactical R.P.Gs., which were about as defining for that console as Square-Enix turn based R.P.Gs. were for the S.N.E.S., so I'd definitely recommend picking it up, if not only for that, but there are five other games in it and at least two of them are of some mild interest. One of those two is a rwby game, and the other is Trick Towers which is like competitive jenga with tetronimos.

The other is the Humble Overwhelmingly Positive Bundle and while every game is well reviewed, I think the bulk of the value is in tier 2 which has Nuclear Throne, Soma, Lisa and Momodora Moonlight Reverie.

The last three of those games are of particular interest. You have probably heard of Soma, so I won't spend too much time discussing that. Lisa is a tgame set in a post-apocalyptic time after at least half of the world's population was killed. It's a turn based game that seems to take at least some inspiration from earthbound, so I'm sure at least some of you folk would love that.

As for Momodora: Moonlight Reverie, I had too much to write about it for a mere notification thread such as this, but I wrote a post about it, and other games in the Momodora series, in What Games Are You Playing at the Moment? if you want my detailed opinion regarding that. As such, all I'll say here is that it's a great game that's worth the full asking price, and it would certainly be a shame to miss the opportunity to get it now, at a discount, with its soundtrack and a few other great games alongside it.

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 10th October 2018 16:43

--------------------
Post #215249
Posted: 20th November 2018 23:21

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Saw on Twitter this morning: Final Fantasy Tactics:War of the Lions is on sale for SEVENTY PERCENT OFF in the Apple and Google Play App stores! Which means it was finally cheap enough that I could afford it. I got it for just $3.99!

I’m very excited as I’ve never played the game and it tops my list of games I most wanted to play.

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #215418
Posted: 21st November 2018 18:35

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Second place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Member of more than five years. Second place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Turns out it's the same discount over here too (UK). So...

Is it worth me getting WotL for 4 bucks, if I already have an emulated version of the psx FFT on my mobile? What do you guys think?

--------------------
We apologise for the inconvenience
Post #215419
Posted: 21st November 2018 18:39

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Stiltzkin @ 21st November 2018 12:35)
Turns out it's the same discount over here too (UK). So...

Is it worth me getting WotL for 4 bucks, if I already have an emulated version of the psx FFT on my mobile? What do you guys think?

Have you not been watching our stream, or its replays? smile.gif

If you're okay playing the game with a touchscreen, or have a bluetooth controller that you pair with your mobile, it is worth every penny at $4, especially if you've never played the WotL version. As great as the original is, the revised translation and added content make it worth playing again.

--------------------

Post #215420
Posted: 25th December 2018 21:28

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I have finished playing Final Fantasy XV (loved it! wub.gif ). My copy is the Day One Edition, which doesn't include the Royal Pack or the DLC. So I checked the PlayStation Store for the DLC, and it turns out that the Royal Edition of the game is on sale for $24.99! That's half off!

It's cheaper than buying all the DLC separately, so I went ahead and bought it. Thought I'd post here in case others haven't bought the game yet and want it.

The sale is good for about another week (I forget the end date, but it was in January) so you have some time to buy it.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #215456
Posted: 21st February 2019 21:45

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Steam has another Publisher's Weekend for Square Enix starting now, and there are good deals there for almost their whole catalog, including XV at the same $25 price quoted above. Even some of their newest releases, including Life is Strange and the newest Tomb Raider are on there.

--------------------

Post #215605
Posted: 2nd April 2019 21:13

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
For anyone who's into visual novels and DRM-free gaming:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/hot-date-bundle

The highest tier of this bundle contains the acclaimed Clannad.

This version is normally only available on Steam, but the bundle says it's DRM-free + Steam, and it's only available for the next six days.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #215712
Posted: 22nd May 2020 22:57

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
The Starter Edition of Final Fantasy XIV is FREE on the PlayStation store through May 26. This would be the perfect time to start the game!

If anybody decides to take advantage of this, join me on the Crystal data center if you can! I have two characters: Althea Valara on Coeurl and Eirian Ari on Brynhildr.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #216142
Posted: 23rd May 2020 18:25

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Also, Civilisation VI is currently free on the Epic Store until the 28th.
Post #216146
Posted: 25th May 2020 16:06

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
GOG's just doing a "cute things" themed sale (which contains surprisingly few anime girls lol): https://www.gog.com/promo/20200525_weekly_sale

From this I've found out that Spore has made it to GOG. (Wouldn't be the first EA game that's on there; I know Mirror's Edge is too.)

Ori and the Blind Forest and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom are both on sale.

As for games I've played in that list, they include Anodyne, Gurumin, Never Alone, and Unholy Heights, all of which I recommend, and all of which are pretty cheap since they're somewhat older. (I didn't know Anodyne now has a sequel, but now I do.)

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 25th May 2020 16:07

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216151
Posted: 29th May 2020 21:17

Engineer

Awards:
See More (Total 14)
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Borderlands 2 + pre-sequel) is free on the Epic Store this week.
Post #216174
Posted: 4th June 2020 16:13

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
And GOG is having its big summer sale. Goes until June 15.

https://www.gog.com/

I bought a couple games -- The Mummy Remastered and Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216180
Posted: 25th June 2020 02:37

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
free right now: https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077_goodies_collection

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216193
Posted: 17th July 2020 20:45

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
https://www.gog.com/game/warhammer_40000_rites_of_war temporarily free

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216230
Posted: 28th July 2020 16:20

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
https://www.gog.com/promo/grand_rpg_sale

Big RPG sale on GOG right now. Until August 3rd.

Includes both JRPGs and WRPGs.

Also this is on sale too: https://www.gog.com/game/chasm
I've played this, and recommend it. It's a procedurally generated metroidvania. Though the procedural generation part isn't as big of a deal as it sounds; it's basically just a metroidvania whose map changes every time you play a new adventure. Also has an endless mode where you "live off the land" and see how far you can get.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 28th July 2020 16:22

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216248
Posted: 31st July 2020 21:44

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
The PSN summer sale is on and after 4 years of waiting (bad financial situation/poor) I finally bought I am Setsuna. I'm near the endgame and this game is everything I ever wanted in a Chrono Trigger successor even if it's just in a spiritual sense.

If you haven't played, pick it up on the sale. It's more than worth it.

*this review done by a rabid yet very self-aware fangirl*

--------------------
Check out the Magicite Menagerie!

Retro gaming cosplayer with a focus on Terra Branford.
Post #216254
Posted: 4th August 2020 21:40

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Final Fantasy XIV is half off through August 19th. Link to Square Enix store. It's half off through the PlayStation store as well.

Also, the free trial for the game now includes the first expansion, Heavensward.

As always: if you decide to give the game a try, join me in the Crystal data center! I've got two characters: Althea Valara on Coeurl and Eirian Ari on Brynhildr.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #216255
Posted: 25th August 2020 05:02

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Big fall sale on GOG right now ( https://www.gog.com/ ) - the "Harvest Sale"

Free game (until August 26, 1pm UTC = 9 am US EDT): Serious Sam: the First Encounter - https://www.gog.com/game/serious_sam_the_first_encounter

More info on the sale: https://www.gog.com/news/the_harvest_sale_b...ls_up_to_91_off

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216264
Posted: 15th October 2020 19:57

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Since I had been posting about strategy RPGs in another thread recently, this seemed aptly timed:

https://afterburn.itch.io/after-midnight

A tiny tactical RPG where you lead a team of animal medics that are trying to contain a virus outbreak in a hospital. Sounds like another day at the job... except that the bacteria are way, way bigger than they expected.

It's free for a limited time.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216319
Posted: 16th October 2020 14:18

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Genshin Impact is out and free on PS4. I'm having a blast with it so i recommend it. Microtransaction just speed up the game and customize characters, they are not necessary for game play.

This post has been edited by St Khael on 16th October 2020 14:18

--------------------
Check out the Magicite Menagerie!

Retro gaming cosplayer with a focus on Terra Branford.
Post #216325
Posted: 21st October 2020 14:07

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Europa Universalis II is currently free on GOG, to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

https://www.gog.com/game/europa_universalis_ii

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216333
Posted: 13th November 2020 17:04

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
https://www.gog.com/game/teleglitch_die_more_edition free game giveaway

Teleglitch is free right now on GOG, along with a sale on Paradox Interactive games.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #216363
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: