CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy 5 Single Class Challenge

Posted: 8th June 2007 03:59

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I'm more interested in if you know how the jump glitch or killerbow/x-fight glitch works
Edit
than a high level berzerker beating sol cannon

I don't know if Caesar of RL has found out yet, but those have been in the back of my mind for a while

jump glitch: If you jump and the opponent makes a move (offensive, defensive, or support) it will still continue to miss after you land, for several turns, (works great on the battle on the big bridge)

Killer Bow/X-fight: If you get a critical hit, and then miss (it happens) you won't kill the enemy, it needs to finish on a critical hit, or be followed by consecutive hits to be successful.

This post has been edited by Cloud_Strife510 on 8th June 2007 04:01

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #151099
Posted: 30th October 2007 23:00

Engineer

Awards:
I've decided to try some "advance" SCCs. I've got some GBA cheat codes, which I'll post here. They give all jobs from whenever you input the codes, so you can start the game off with the new advance jobs. I'm not sure which one I ought to start first, so some advice would be appreciated. Here's a synopsis on how I think the challenges will go, roughly:

Cannoneer: Probably towards the easier side. The class behaves like an offensive Chemist, so I imagine that it would be similar to a chemist SCC, only easier.

Gladiator: Definitely the easiest of the new classes. They're main ability is generally an auto-critical, and at best free elemental damage.

Necromancer: One of the more challenging SCCs if you were to start from the beginning. Their dark arts aren't learned until at least half-way through the game from what I can tell. I haven't tested this by playing them from world 1. Should be fun...

Oracle: Since they're so random, I think oracles would be difficult for an SCC, especially since bosses in general are immune to their abilities. I don't think I'm willing to put myself through that.

Alright, here are the codes for the GBA if you're interested in trying any of these challenges yourself (or trying any of the SCCs in the new dungeons...):

Hex Cheats:

8200DF7C FFFF
8200DF7E FFFF

AR codes:

(Master)
F8e2e0a0
61b4add5
Cc01d124
B05f1ec2

(All Jobs)
B65d7114
42ee4690

Edit
Interestingly enough, these challenges are kind of diverse. I've found evidence of three of them having been tried before, with mixed success. The Cannoneer and Gladiator jobs are painfully easy (!Finisher and !Open Fire are both free, high damage attacks) early on. Necomancers, however, are painfully hard through the early portion of the game. They have the physical stats of a black mage, with ridiculously poor magic options (A 4-way random summon) throughout the first 3/4 of the game, and NO WAY TO HEAL. I haven't heard of an Oracle SCC, but !condem won't work on Heavy-type creatures, so its useless, and !predict, while partially predictable, isn't that handy in a pinch.

This post has been edited by WildHalcyon on 4th November 2007 22:06

--------------------
Oh sure, I don't have to get kicked in the junk to activate it, but I like it anyway. -- Thief commenting on the difference between Throw and Blue Magic.
Post #159079
Posted: 20th November 2007 20:37

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Re-revival.

Yesterday I began a Black Mage SCC. I'm just at the first town of World 2 with 4 Flame Rings. Levels 23 for all. I forsee some difficulty, but probably nothing that isn't possible.

Also, it's been the best part of 2 years, it would seem, that I started my Berserker SCC. It would also seem I still have the file of level 35 Berserkers. I am now determined to pass this boss. (Yes, the Sandworm. The god damned Sandworm). This is what I want to know from anyone who can tell me:

1. Is there a limit to the amount of scripts/paths a battle can take? Or will it loop round every 32 or so?

2. What changes the paths a battle will take? Entering a new map, fighting a battle, entering the menu, what?

I really don't want to have to level to the point where I deall 1500 per hit, cos it will probably still take me about 20 tries to get those two hits in.
Post #159792
Posted: 25th November 2007 16:44
Returner

I see that this thread sounds cool, so I think I'll give it a try. I started a single-character-single-class (scsc) challege using the dancer class. WHAT WAS I THINKING!? here is my progress so far.

1. Wingraptor- easiest thing in the world. beat him at level 2 with one shot of Jitterbug Duet.

2. Lobster of Death in the canal- I wanted to shoot myself during this fight. first off, everytime the fight starts, the only attack i can pull off before being confused is a basic Fight, then i get paralyzed, and wait for death. thumbdown.gif 25 tries later, I finally kill him with Jitterbug Duet, yet again, at level 16. thumbup.gif

3. Siren- I forgot that in this game, you can't kill the undead boss by throwing pheonix downs at it, not good. the dancer is so frail that im taking over 100 damage each hit, on a character with barely over 300 hps. I eventually beat her with, what else, Jitterbug Duet...again.

On another note, did anyone know that Siren is weak to the Tango of Temptation?

Anyways, really not looking forward to Magissa/Forza. Any advice for a solo Dancer? Thanks much.

This post has been edited by dancer on 27th November 2007 03:05
Post #159892
Posted: 25th November 2007 21:53
Returner

I also noticed this thread and figured i would start my own challenge, single character red mage. I will post progress as i go.

This post has been edited by shriez on 27th November 2007 21:07
Post #159907
Posted: 26th November 2007 05:39

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Dancer, I'm pretty sure that Djibriel tried this awhile ago. Like, a long time ago. If I remember correctly, Magissa is susceptible to !Flirt. Or Forza. One of them can be !Flirted. It might be worth a try if you can't beat them otherwise.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #159920
Posted: 27th November 2007 03:04
Returner

Thanks for the advice, I'l give that a try.

UPDATE - I beat Magissa! (I know I didn't put Forza there) I managed to pull Sword Dance out of the frist 2 dances, so she died in about 15 seconds, lucky me thumbup.gif
Since the challenge would not be complete without getting all of the side stuff, like the spells and summons, I attempted to get Shiva today. Trying that with a solo level 19 Dancer = horrible death. I managed to pull off 2 Jitterbugs, then I died to Ice2.

Anyway, really not looking forward to the Galura, because of all of the counterattacks it does, so I think my strategy will be back-row, and hope for lots of Jitterbug Duet.
Post #159945
Posted: 27th November 2007 14:49

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Galura is vulnerable to the Tango of Temptation, so you've got that going for you. However, you can't really rely on it. Fighting Galura with a single Dancer is a matter of luck.

I don't know how hard it is to run from Jackanapes, but if it's at all possible, try to grab the Elven Mantle which should drastically increase your chances of survival (y'know, since it allows you to dodge 33 % of all physical attacks before even cosnidering your Evade %).

Dodging a few attacks, giving priority to healing and eluding that damned Mystery Waltz that's completely useless on a pure Dancer and you should find yourself victorious.

--------------------
Post #159956
Posted: 27th November 2007 21:10
Returner

Update on my Red Mage SCSC!

I beat the Wing Raptor on the first try (who doesnt), and Im currently leveling up to kill the "Lobster of Death" as dancer put it. Ive tried 7 times thus far, and gotten my butt handed to me each time. I can pull off 1 Bolt spell, then he paralyzes me, Tailscrews, then attacks.

I have a level 15 RedMage in the back row each time. Im trying to Bolt him to death, but its not working.

updates as i go.

STATUS UPDATE:
*56 attempts later*
This is way beyond ridiculous. Level 21 Red Mage STILL cant get more than 1 Bolt spell before he dies! This would be a lot easier if Karlabos would stop only using Tailscrew and the paralyze attack nonstop. and the fact he attacks twice for every one spell i cast. im just going to level untill i get TwinCast, then kill him.

STATUS UPDATE:

FINALY! I had to level up to 25, and master the Red Mage job, but he died. Hopefully Siren won't be nearly as hard as the Lobster of Death was.

This post has been edited by shriez on 27th November 2007 22:08
Post #159966
Posted: 27th November 2007 22:32

SOLDIER

Awards:
Quote (shriez @ 27th November 2007 15:10)
I had to level up to 25, and master the Red Mage job, but he died.

Does this mean you were able to doublecast on him? Because that might be helpful with siren as well. double cure/fire would spank most heinous!

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Play me on Rock Band 2, GH-WT, or any other Xbox GH!
Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #159970
Posted: 27th November 2007 22:52
Returner

I was able to beat him down with doublecast Bolt. if he hadnt died on the second round of doublecast, I would have died (he did Tailscrew, os it was kill or be killed).
Random encounters are a joke right now, i can plow through everything with either doublecast or physical attacks. Siren went down really quickly once she went undead, then it was doublecast Fire for 400+damage each round, easy battle again. Hopefully Maggisa and Forsa will be easy too.
Post #159973
Posted: 27th November 2007 23:20

SOLDIER

Awards:
According to the databases on the site here, you should be able to buy protect in the town before magissa & forza, as well as mute. If you can use those spells, you could set up a really good defense.

Aero will be your downfall if it's pulled off, but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, so I'll shut up now. tongue.gif

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #159975
Posted: 28th November 2007 00:51
Returner

Magisa and Forza defeated!

I went to the town and bought the best gear I could equip and any spells I didnt have. Then I went off to beat Magisa and Forza. Getting to them was a bit of a challenge because a lot of monsters on the mountain are either resistant or immune to magic, and Red Mages arent very good physical fighters.

Beating them was easy, I doublecasted Bolt on Magisa till she died, then cast Sleep on Forza and hammered away with doublecast till he died too. Im definitely not looking forward to Galura and Shiva.
Post #159980
Posted: 28th November 2007 18:47

Engineer

Awards:
If you wait until you get Fire 2 you can double-cast her to death. Shouldn't be too tough of a challenge. She only has 1500 HP, I imagine 2 bouts of doublecasted fire 2 should roast her pretty good.

--------------------
Oh sure, I don't have to get kicked in the junk to activate it, but I like it anyway. -- Thief commenting on the difference between Throw and Blue Magic.
Post #159994
Posted: 9th December 2007 16:55

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
I just started a canoneer SCC... It's very easy. But as it is my first SCC I wanted to start with an easy one : P
Post #160271
Posted: 6th March 2008 10:54

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Just reading over this makes me want to continue my White Mage SCC. Buuuuut... The pain, the pain.

Maybe I'll just start it again. Maybe.

--------------------
Drink coffee. Eat pocky. Say kupo.

FFV SOLO SCC In Progress: White Mage (Such joy -_\\)
If you want to donate a white mage robe to me, then by all means do - playing FFV dressed as a white mage would be a dream come true. I can but hope.
Post #163671
Posted: 10th March 2008 20:53

Returner

Awards:
Just reading over this makes me want to continue my White Mage SCC. Buuuuut... The pain, the pain.

Maybe I'll just start it again. Maybe.

How far along are you on your SCC? It would be a waste to start over if you have already beat Byblos.

I know the pain quite well as I have done a White Mage SCC up to the Solitary Island Temple. But I decided to endure some real pain because I decided to do a Solo White Mage SCC. I beat Karlabos at level 37, but I am having difficulty beating Byblos. I am currently at level 61, but I keep getting hit with sonic wave somewhat early in the battle, which makes it difficult to defeat Byblos.

Does anyone know what level Not Dave was at to beat Byblos with the solo White Mage?
Post #163837
Posted: 12th March 2008 02:19

Returner

Awards:
Solo... White... Mage...

heart.gif

Forget SCC. I'm inspired. Now this... I have to do.

--------------------
Drink coffee. Eat pocky. Say kupo.

FFV SOLO SCC In Progress: White Mage (Such joy -_\\)
If you want to donate a white mage robe to me, then by all means do - playing FFV dressed as a white mage would be a dream come true. I can but hope.
Post #163910
Posted: 20th March 2008 12:43
Returner

Um, you're relying on physical attacks. With a civilian class. This = bad. Not everything is vulnerable to Holy, which in an SCSC challenge you will NOT BE ABLE TO GET. This is also bad. I would really, really advise you to think twice about this. You will need to level to 100 fast. Without being able to equip weapons. That it can be done in theory is true and quite possibly proven, but you should really understand just what you're letting yourself in for.
Post #164272
Posted: 23rd March 2008 18:27

Returner

Awards:
I finally beat Byblos with the solo white mage at level 37. I realized that after being sonic waved down to level 1, it is possible to stay alive and do damage to Byblos, though very slowly. Since the level that I begin the battle does not matter that much, I decided to revert back to level 37 and fight Byblos. The hardest part of the battle was Byblos using charm frequently, especially when Byblos sends multiple Wind Slashes while my character was charmed. Also casting cure spells while charmed would be bad, so I started the battle with only enough MP to cast armor. It was amazing how much easier the battle was when Byblos ran out of MP and was unable to cast charm.

CrayClaw(ClayClaw) was a difficult battle due to tailscrew and mucus. Basically, mucus must never be successful and tailscrew should fail frequently (or CrayClaw instead does fight) in order to do something other than healing. Fortunately CrawClaw can be charmed and does more damage to itself (72-96 HP, and doesn't miss) than the white mage can do with the flail. But charm has a failure rate, so being hit with tailscrew is inevitable, and the possibility of mucus is nerve-wracking especially near the end of the battle.

I beat Sol Cannon at level 43. The hardest part was taking out the two Launchers. I had to keep retrying the battle until I had a pattern where they wouldn't do a Valiant Attack immediately before Sol Cannon does a Surge Beam. I used an elixir right before each Surge Beam since Cure 2 would not be enough due to the Valiant Attacks.
The battle was much easier after I beat the Launchers. In order to conserve elixirs, I alternated between elixirs and Cure 2 because the damage from Surge Beam is constant. I ended up using 44 elixirs in the battle.

The revived form of Archaeavis was difficult because of the Maelstrom and Charm(specialty attack) combo. I drained my MP before getting to the revived form so that the white mage doesn't heal Archaeavis while confused. Elf cape is essential to avoid some of the specialty attacks, even though it does make the other forms of Archaeavis somewhat more difficult without the flame ring. Avoiding Maelstrom is easier with higher levels. I beat Archaeavis at level 43 with many retries to get a pattern that does not have the combo. I should have leveled up to 55 to make the battle easier because of the next tough battle...

Puroboros. I had to level up to 55 because I needed to have over 3000 hit points since Puroboros tend to explode in pairs. Even when there are only 3 of them, the chance of at least 2 exploding is 25.9%. I glad to level up because I was able to replenish the supply of elixirs.

The Galuf battle against Gilgamesh in the dungeon was a battle that I worried about. Galuf was at level 3 with 56 hit points. With armor and being the back row, Gilgamesh does damage in the 30s. That means that I have to heal after each hit since Galuf does not have enough hit points to withstand two attacks. But with the Elf Cape, I can attack when Gilgamesh misses, and so I did not have to level up Galuf. Of course, this was a long battle.

Gilgamesh on the bridge was not difficult. Mute wears off before the white mage can attack in the next turn, so Gilgamesh gets buffed for the last part of the battle which is a nuisance.

I am currently trying to figure out how to beat HiryuuPlant. This is difficult with only one character because the flowers attack relentlessly with annoying status effects.

This post has been edited by dunnius on 7th July 2008 21:52
Post #164435
Posted: 9th July 2008 07:12

Onion Knight

Awards:
Ok so, I know I am probably going to get in trouble for this but, this is the only thread on the forum I use.

I have recently started a red mage scsj. here is a recap.

wingraptor: so easy, but everyone knew that.

karlboss: he was amazingly tough and the hardest boss so far. due to tailscrew and the ability to paralyze it eventually took just fighting him till I was victorious.

siren: Not to difficult.

magissa/forza: Ok turns out you can silence magissa . .. . . thats just .. not supposed to be doable but it is so silence her and sleep forza . . . all to easy.

galura: not very interesting.

at this point I hit the fire ship and that meant I had rods sooo I gave the flamy hand guy whose name I never remember to rods to appease him.

At this point I'm realizing early game red mage is broken. sure I have low hp
but I can use decent armor. and who needs 3rd tier magic when you have rods. I will of course need double cast but so far its unnecessary.

figured I would ask you guys if you have any pointers for my run through I would appreciate it.

--------------------
SCC completed: berserkers !!!
SCC working on: black mage
SCSJ I working on: red mage , blue mage.
Post #169410
Posted: 29th July 2008 04:11

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Quote (Mellow @ 23rd August 2004 17:31)
Seeing as how the stories of FFT and FFV are significantly different, I don't see how this is even possible for FFV. For one, you won't get most classes for awhile. So, technically you can't call it an SCC if you don't use a Job rom the first Tier you receive: Monk, Knight, White Mage, Thief, Black Mage. Your SCC is a bit different since you used a Knight. So, right on for you! thumbup.gif However, for purists, a Bard SCC in FFV would not be possible. pinch.gif

You're allowed to cheat the Job you want or you can wait until you get it. It's like the Solo-Challenge in FFI only slighty different and better... Almost better.
Post #170879
Posted: 29th July 2008 11:36

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Well, my old PC got fried, which meant losing my berserkers' progress. So, yesterday I started it up again, and let's just say the fast forward button is a lot more useful than I had previously expected. Hence the 45 hours (It's only about 3 hours in total). Anyway, my progress is as follows:

user posted image

Sandworm and Sol Cannon are dead. I can die happy.

Also a humorous victory against LiquidFlame:
user posted image

Anyway, i'm just entering the Moogle Village, and I am not looking forward to fighting Atomos later.
Post #170912
Posted: 30th July 2008 05:41

Onion Knight

Awards:
ok so one red mage vs sol cannon, basically I died I bajillion times because I forgot about aging, so killed some wild nacks and, bought an angel ring. sol cannon died first try after that. also, I finally got x-magic! yay! now I can use up my mp faster. Honestly its gotten to the point where red mage's weak attack power means I have to use magic.

this challenge is making my use spells I would never have used otherwise. oh muddle may in fact be my favorite spell in this game now.

--------------------
SCC completed: berserkers !!!
SCC working on: black mage
SCSJ I working on: red mage , blue mage.
Post #170938
Posted: 30th July 2008 20:02

SOLDIER

Awards:
Quote (footbigmike @ 29th July 2008 05:36)
Also a humorous victory against LiquidFlame:
user posted image

No Pressure on that one! I mean... you wouldn't want to cut it too close. biggrin.gif

Nicely Did. thumbup.gif

--------------------

Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #170957
Posted: 3rd August 2008 17:23

Eli MVP?

Awards:
Right now I'm doing a Monk SCC and I'm level 10(for everyone) and all Job levels are two. So far its gone very smoothly and i have bought a bunch of potions and have had only one KO On the crab thing in the canal. Siren when through very smoothly and I'm currently going through North Mountain.

This post has been edited by yomama on 3rd August 2008 17:25
Post #171125
Posted: 26th August 2008 04:26

Onion Knight

Awards:
Hi!
No,I'm not dead....yet. dry.gif
Anyways, I did a SCC once using only chemists, oh the pain I had
to endure! blink.gif pinch.gif
Post #171794
Posted: 18th September 2008 16:43

Returner

Awards:
I figured out how to beat HiryuuPlant with the solo white mage. The difficulty of this battle was figuring out how to keep the two flowers in the back that cause confuse(charm) and paralyze from attacking the white mage. That is done by confusing them and then maintaining blink(2) status on them. The reason for blink is that there is a good chance that the two flowers will attack themselves, and since the confuse spell fails too often, it may be difficult to confuse them again before they hit the white mage. I barely had an opportunity to attack because I was frequently casting blink and also using the healing staff, but those two flowers ended up doing almost all of the damage to HiryuuPlant. I didn't bother healing the darkness(blind) status since I didn't get to attack much, and I didn't bother curing poison unless that flower was going to be dead for a few melees. I ended up using two elixirs due to the frequent casting of image. The white mage was at level 55.

The battle with Gilgamesh and Enkidou was also difficult since I had to wait for their MP to run out. I leveled up to 68 to reduce the chance that death claw and sonic wave would succeed. Shell was the major factor in decreasing that success rate. Even with all that, it took a bit of luck to avoid those attacks.

Atomos was difficult, as if there was any doubt. At level 68, the healing staff cures the average damage of two comets (with shell.) That was not enough to maintain the white mage's HP, so I used elixirs to restore the HP when they were low. I ended up using 43 elixirs with that method. The battle took about three hours, which was much less time, difficulty, and resources than the regular white mage SCC at level 35. It goes to show what the difference leveling makes.

Guardians of the Seal was an easy battle. Hooray for the flame ring and especially the morning star(super stick of doom!)

Shoat and Carbunkle are not required, but I prefer to fight all of the bosses. They are difficult enough that I decided to break a light staff for each of the battles. For Shoat, the damage was not enough to kill it, so I had to be lucky to have demon's eye miss. With the morning star, I killed Shoat with the next hit. For Carbunkle, I got its hit points down to just over 9000 and then broke the light staff on the form that is weak against holy (the one that does Cure 2) killing it. This bypasses the powerful spells that Carbunkle casts when low on HP. I also fought Gilgamesh which, of course, was easy.

Exdeath was another difficult battle. I had to keep restarting it until Exdeath skipped condemn on his first attack. I started off by breaking two light staves (each doing over 9000 damage) to skip the AI script when Exdeath is at or above 16000 HP. I equipped a wall ring so that his magic attacks would bounce, so I cured the white mage by casting reflect on Exdeath and bouncing cure 3 off of him. The white mage was still at level 68.

Antlion was an easy battle. I cast shell so that sonic wave would be less likely to hit. The Gargoyles are easy when they are berserked, and MachinHeads are easy when they are confused. Merugene was easy thanks to the flame ring.

Stalker was a bit difficult due to Hurricane. Mind blast and confuse can be reflected so I equipped a Wall Ring. I equipped the Lamia's Tiara to get its 10% magic evade. Shell is important so I cast reflect on the real Stalker (it doesn't work on the fake Stalkers) and bounced shell of it. I also bounced armor since Stalker does physical attacks. When I was hit with hurricane, I used one hi-potion. I maintained the white mage's HP between 250 and 750 in case of another hurricane, and to save hi-potions. I used 16 hi-potions in the battle, and the white mage was still at level 68.

So now the solo white mage is ahead of my 22 regular SCC's and the solo berserker SCC. I am going focus on getting those past Stalker to keep the SCCs at the same point in the game.

UPDATES:
I beat Stalker with the solo berserker. The aegis shield is helpful to avoid hurricane. The berserker gained a level and is now at 98. I also beat Stalker with the regular berserker SCC. Both of those battles were easy.

I beat Stalker with the regular white mage SCC. I did not equip wall rings since the other members can cast raise if one of them gets hit with the mind blast and hurricane combo. I equipped lamia's tiaras to block confuse. The battle was long, but it was easy because I had four morning stars.

MORE UPDATES:
Knights had no problems thanks to double grip and wall rings protecting them from Stalker's attacks.

Black Mages used fire 3 on all parts of Stalker with fire rods and flame rings equipped. The blaze counterattack did nothing, and the mages healed the damage from hurricane with Fire 3. Another easy battle.

Chemists used dragon kisses to block hurricane and equipped wall rings to block the other two magic attacks. They drank speed potions and relied on physical attacks to save the resources of mixing. The battle was really easy, of course.

Summoners used Syldra with a power boost from the air lancets. They were unstoppable with Earth Wall in place and equipping flame rings.

Dragoons' jumping causes Stalker's attacks to miss. The battle was too easy.

Samurai would have no problems whatsoever using GP rain, but I decided that would be too easy so I had them fight. Katanas do massive damage when they do a critical hit, so the battle was still easy. They equipped wall rings.

Hunters made short work of Stalker with X-Fight (no counterattack of blaze) and equipping running shoes.

Mystic Knights equipped the wall ring and used the drain magic sword for healing. That battle was easy.

Blue Mages equipped the air lancet to boost aero 3, which was cast on all parts of Stalker. Two of the Blue Mages equipped ice shields to cause the blaze counterattack to heal. They all equipped flame rings so that they could heal using emission. It was an easy battle.

Ninjas equipped the wall ring and maintained image to avoid physical attacks. That way hurricane did not matter. Another easy battle.

Normal/Bare were able to equip the most powerful of the sacred weapons, so it was an easy battle. They equipped the wall ring as well.

Geomancers equipped the air lancet to boost terrain's gale cut. This does not trigger the counterattack, so the wall ring was equipped. The battle was really easy.

Dancers beat Stalker easily. The tiara increases the chance of sword dance, which all of the dancers took advantage of, and the chicken knife does 9999 damage with sword dance and doesn't try to flee. They equipped wall rings.

This post has been edited by dunnius on 14th December 2008 01:23
Post #172255
Posted: 5th December 2008 08:16
Returner

I'm currently doing a Hunter solo single class challenge.

He's level 32 and somewhat stuck at Puroboros. The Hunter is completely unfit for this fight, so I'll probably have to grind out some more levels (something I don't really want to do, trying to complete each stage of the game as low level as possible).

The hardest fights so far have been Ifrit and LiquiFlame, which I had to grind levels for. SolCannon was tough too, but I just had to grind enough to buy an Angel Ring and drink 3 Elixirs.

Hi!
No,I'm not dead....yet. dry.gif
Anyways, I did a SCC once using only chemists, oh the pain I had
to endure! blink.gif  pinch.gif

Chemist might possibly be the easiest SCC I've done...

This post has been edited by Eliago on 5th December 2008 08:20
Post #173671
Posted: 11th December 2008 16:11

Returner

Awards:
Quote (Eliago @ 5th December 2008 08:16)
I'm currently doing a Hunter solo single class challenge.

He's level 32 and somewhat stuck at Puroboros. The Hunter is completely unfit for this fight, so I'll probably have to grind out some more levels (something I don't really want to do, trying to complete each stage of the game as low level as possible).

The hardest fights so far have been Ifrit and LiquiFlame, which I had to grind levels for. SolCannon was tough too, but I just had to grind enough to buy an Angel Ring and drink 3 Elixirs.

The only way I can see to win is to use X-Fight and hope that the attacks balance themselves out between the Puroboros so that only a maximum of one dies. Then hope that only the ones with low HP explode while reducing the HP of the Puroboros with higher HP. It is mostly a waiting game for the Puroboros to explode. This is a battle where it is important to track the HP of the enemies.

EDIT: I modified my previous post with updates of my progress.

This post has been edited by dunnius on 14th December 2008 01:24
Post #173797
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: