Galuf [ 13 ]  [28.26%]
Faris [ 16 ]  [34.78%]
Krile [ 1 ]  [2.17%]
Total Votes: 46
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 11th February 2009 07:43

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in the 2008 Fanfiction contest. 
Since FFV only has five playable characters, it's a lot easier to do it with this game than with, say, VI, which has too many characters to even put in a poll.

As for me, I like Faris. She's just plain cool. She could be pretty complex, character-wise; it's gotta be hard to live as the other gender.

Bartz follows closely because he's absolutely hilarious. Galuf comes after that because he's just as funny; I only like Bartz a liiiittle better.

I don't like Lenna and Krile as much. Lenna's too much like the sweet gentle stereotype, and Krile feels like the stereotype of the perky girl. >_>

--------------------
The opera was only performed in English ONCE. T_T

Hey, FF artists! You might want to check this challenge out!

WEBSITE <3
Post #175338
Posted: 11th February 2009 09:35

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
About time we saw more threads in this section. Faris is just win. I mean, i don't really understand but I prefer her over the other characters. Don't ask how she held off being a girl for so long, especially at such a young age, but her backstory is a bit more compelling than Bartz, Lenna or Krile.

I agree also that Lenna was a bit stereotyped in there and she didn't stand out as much as everyone else in terms of personality. Apart from her hair. That always stands out.
Krile is a bit of a blanker for me, considering you get her late in the game doesn't give much space for the player to get a good feel of her character.

Bartz would be the second favourite. He has an equally impressive backing, but he just couldn't kick as much ass as Faris could.
Post #175341
Posted: 12th February 2009 02:32

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Faris. Her character stands out more ( expect for maybe Bartz ) from the other characters in the game. Plus she's unique and felt like she was much less stereotyped than the other main characters in the game. And liked her shady purple hair, she had purple hair right ?

( Final Fantasy V memory blur )

This post has been edited by ZidaneTribal on 12th February 2009 02:33

--------------------
Currently playing Chrono Trigger !!
Currently looking forward to Don't Know.
Post #175354
Posted: 12th February 2009 12:58

Onion Knight

Awards:
I find all of them interesting in some way, but I chose Butz/Bartz because of his lone wolf style (he lost both parents and left on a journey all by himself).

This post has been edited by Jorgur on 12th February 2009 12:59
Post #175364
Posted: 12th February 2009 15:10

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I've always loved Galuf. I am not really sure why, to be honest. Perhaps it is the godly beard or the fact that his costumes are usually way better than those of the other characters. Either way, he is way awesome.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #175365
Posted: 12th February 2009 16:43

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Galuf is awesome. Especially for that spoileriffic moment in mid-game.

And Cara is so cute!

Guido (the turtle-sage, whatever you FF5a and FF5PS people call him nowadays) is also quite awesome, for single-handedly fighting you-know-who. (Even more awesome than single-handedly fighting Yeenoghu. tongue.gif)

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #175367
Posted: 12th February 2009 19:18

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Quote (Caesar @ 12th February 2009 16:10)
I've always loved Galuf. I am not really sure why, to be honest. Perhaps it is the godly beard or the fact that his costumes are usually way better than those of the other characters. Either way, he is way awesome.

Seconded. It's pretty hard to describe why Galuf is so awesome...
Post #175371
Posted: 13th February 2009 01:17

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
faris because she is diffferent than every ff female and always shall

--------------------
I remember... That night, we talked for the first time. I
didn't know it then, but after that night, everything changed. For everyone...
For me...
~Tidus
Post #175379
Posted: 17th February 2009 23:34

Black Mage

Awards:
Gah!, this is not an easy choice. There are less characters, yes, but each is almost equal in screen time, amount of background and battle skills. This is the only FF where I don’t have a favorite.

So, I’m going to go with Ghido, because I have a soft spot for turtles. Wait, he isn’t playable?, well that ruins it. Then I’ll go with Bartz, because he’s friends with Boko, his mother’s name was STEEEELAAA!, his father was a dawn warrior and he flies an airship-submarine despite being afraid of heights.

But they’re all awesome.

--------------------
"Love, and do what you will" Saint Augustine
Post #175542
Posted: 11th May 2009 21:41

Engineer

Awards:
Galuf, because he has more depth in his character than the others.

--------------------
You Can't Escape...
Nowhere to run...
Nowhere to hide...
Post #177329
Posted: 13th June 2009 17:10

Returner

I went with Faris. She and Galuf are the only ones whose characters don't feel like cliche stereotypes, but she wins because Galuf dies halfway through the game. He was pretty sweet though.

This post has been edited by Illyrias_Acolyte on 13th June 2009 17:11
Post #178242
Posted: 13th June 2009 18:53

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
I'm going with Bartz. His name alone just screams hardcore. I mean, come on, Krauser.
Post #178245
Posted: 14th June 2009 14:18

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than thirty fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
I had a toss up between Lenna and Faris.
In the end, I picked Lenna. I am apparently a sucker for the gentle stereotype. xD

However, I immensely disliked Krile. Seriously. What is up with her sprite attacking from the SIDE of her face? It drove me so insane that I couldn't get past it.
Oh well!

--------------------
..DDR..Maine..
..Hikaroo-chan no Deviantart..

<Tiddles> And I love how people suggest "Why not call it my great name?????" when their name is clearly the worst thing ever.
<Tiddles> "How about ; Mozilla Xplorer & Mozilla Xpress."
<Tiddles> How about you die in a fire?
Post #178251
Posted: 19th June 2009 22:17

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
either galuf bartz or faris.

Truth is that the whole thing with faris is really funny when they found out she is a woman.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #178385
Posted: 25th June 2009 17:35

Cactuar

Awards:
Bartz is cool and funny but I think lenna sorta ruined the game for me...

--------------------
Since I advertise CoN there I think it's only fair that I advertise The Wiki here.
Post #178584
Posted: 10th July 2009 10:03

Onion Knight

Awards:
It's a toughie. I want to say Cid ( I mean, he made a boat/airship/submarine triple changer!) , but he isn't playable, so I'll say Galuf, who be awesomesauce, follewed by maybe Krile, because it's inherently amusing seing her wiel;d a geomancer's bell that's biggert than her.

--------------------
Yours, with sarcasm,
Kjel
Post #179297
Posted: 12th July 2009 13:08

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Bartz faris and butz.

Bartz and faris scene is hilarious.

Although the princes that you get at the beginning really doesn't strike me as anything special,neither does krile.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #179366
Posted: 31st July 2009 00:34
Onion Knight

Awards:
Gilgamesh. He's a cool mofo! Seriously, his constant running and the fact that the he started to talk during fights made me laugh.

As for the playable characters, I'd go with Faris. Perhaps the whole Pirate/Princess angle does it for me. But still, the biggest problem with FFV was that the characters lacked depth.

This post has been edited by edgemty on 31st July 2009 00:39

--------------------
Yep, I'm here.
Post #180037
Posted: 14th August 2009 07:13

Onion Knight

Awards:
All five of them are lame characters in that game. Only that Chocoboko guy was cool IMO.
Post #180396
Posted: 15th August 2009 02:51

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Blades of Steel @ 14th August 2009 07:13)
All five of them are lame characters in that game. Only that Chocoboko guy was cool IMO.

*Sigh * We get it, you don't like FFV. What I don't get is why you put FFIV way above this one. I don't see that much difference in character development between the two, they both have a simple yet lovable cast. In fact I think that there's more backstory for FFV than what there is for IV, and dare I say conveyed emotions better.

Now, I like both, but I don't think is fair to call FFV characters “lame” when many of us enjoy them, specially if you're comparing them with FFIV or lower.

Are you talking about the chocobo named Boko? What about Gilgamesh, Ghido and Ex-Death? They aren't cool enough either?

--------------------
Post #180411
Posted: 15th August 2009 03:57

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I find all five of them to be kind of uninspired, lackluster characters. I think that part of this may have to do with their ability to switch jobs at will, but not sure.
Post #180414
Posted: 16th August 2009 21:27

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (yelanates @ 15th August 2009 03:57)
I find all five of them to be kind of uninspired, lackluster characters. I think that part of this may have to do with their ability to switch jobs at will, but not sure.

See, I agree with you in that aspect. The character lost individuality battle wise, but in turn we got awesome gameplay. Wasn't it worth it?

I'm not saying FFV characters are covered with greatness. They ARE kinda flat. What bothers me is that many of other Final Fantasy characters fall into that. And who gets the hate? FFV.

--------------------
Post #180431
Posted: 18th August 2009 01:24
Returner

Quote (yelanates @ 15th August 2009 03:57)

You do have quite a point there that the switching of jobs subtracts from their character. Most RPGs have someone who is a skilled [insert class here], therefore, they are portrayed as a(n) [insert class here] but that's what makes FFV original! Who says you can't be a knight that can summon a demon, control time, play the flute, and heal his/her comrades? =D
Post #180449
Posted: 18th August 2009 15:23
Onion Knight

Awards:
The Job System is just awesome. Dunno why, but I find it to be just plain cool. It is a great balance between FF4, FF6, FF9 systems (fixed jobs and abilities) and FF7, FF8 systems (your characters are pretty much drones... materia or magic junctions are the things that do the job... the only things that mark the difference... ability-wise speaking... are their limit breaks)... in FF5 your characters can be pretty much anything they want... they just have to individually learn each ability.

Moderator Edit
So this makes your favorite character... who, exactly? -R51

Oh well, my fav characters are Faris and Gilgamesh.

This post has been edited by edgemty on 31st August 2009 17:46

--------------------
Yep, I'm here.
Post #180465
Posted: 16th September 2009 16:41

SOLDIER

Awards:
It's nice to finally see one of these polls that doesn't include Gilgamesh or Gogo on it.

For some reason, everyone has a tendency to roll out with those two as favorites over all of the protagonists.

I'm glad Faris is winning, because the whole, "But He's a SHE!" deal is probably one of the more compelling character stories put into any of the FF games. It's too bad that they divulged the truth so early, but then again, had they waited any longer, her risque, "I'm wearing practically nothing" Mystic Swordsman outfit would have been a dead giveaway. biggrin.gif

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Play me on Rock Band 2, GH-WT, or any other Xbox GH!
Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #181408
Posted: 16th September 2009 17:33

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I was going to say Bartz, but... GILGAMESH!! Thanks leilong for reminding me of that awesome character..

Gogo's not that good, but Gilgy.... I love that guy.

I wonder what kind of conversations would those two have.

About Faris... was I the only one who thinks it was pretty obvious? The first thing I said when I saw her was: "Who's that chick?"

--------------------
Snooping as usual, I see?
Post #181409
Posted: 17th September 2009 15:03

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Would have been Faris, but Bartz being so awesome and ADORABLE in Dissidia tops it
Post #181426
Posted: 23rd November 2009 09:02
Returner

I'd have to pick Galuf. In my opinion he's the most entertaining playable character. It's hard for me to think up any other specific reason, but I feel I can identify with him more than the others.
Post #182471
Posted: 5th December 2009 21:36
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Why not Gilgamesh?
Post #182677
Posted: 5th December 2009 22:36

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I thought this over.

Gilgamesh is awesome to the EXTREME, but I forgot the lovely Deadpan Snarker.

Sage Ghido! Y'know, the TURTLE!

He made me realise the Twelve Legendary Weapons were twelve. And legendary. And even weapons.

And he fights Exdeath, one-on-one!

It's sad when the evil warlock that harnesses the power of nothing finds his greatest foe to be a turtle. Uh, I mean, a TURTLE!

Turtle power!

--------------------
Snooping as usual, I see?
Post #182686
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: