CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Fantasy Leaping Along

Posted: 30th May 2018 03:48

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Here's the game.

You start a new game of each of the FF games which have subforums on CoN (if you have them, and why wouldn't you) including Chrono Trigger if you so fancy, and then post a screenshot of where you stopped. If I were to begin right now, I'd say, start a new game of FF1 and then report my location and details of what's going on when I stop to save the first time and quit. The next person must start a new game of FFIV and post a screenshot of where they stop to save the first time and quit, in the FFIV forum, and so on.

I won't begin until this receives some kind of acknowledgement that it would be ok. I thought of it, is there any kinds of caveats you think would be useful in such a game?

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214897
Posted: 10th June 2018 18:59

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I'm not sure I get this -- is it:
* the first time one saves the game?
* the first time one savestates the game (if applicable)?
* the first time one quits the game (e.g. turning off the console)?

Like, is the point of this to just start the game and then save ASAP, or to marathon the game and try to beat it in one sitting, or what?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #214918
Posted: 18th June 2018 19:21

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 10th June 2018 13:59)
I'm not sure I get this -- is it:
* the first time one saves the game?
* the first time one savestates the game (if applicable)?
* the first time one quits the game (e.g. turning off the console)?

Like, is the point of this to just start the game and then save ASAP, or to marathon the game and try to beat it in one sitting, or what?

Go by the SNES. No savestates, they weren't on the SNES.

Not to my recollection, at any rate.

First legal save according to SNES rules, you move to a new forum. If you own the steam version, you can emulate the SNES version cuz art.

Or PSX if your comp is up. Is anyone paying attention to these forums? I dunno, about 250 of us?

Johnny Sake Drinker

Edit: Stand by.

This post has been edited by Spooniest on 18th June 2018 19:33

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214982
Posted: 18th June 2018 20:08

Black Waltz

Awards:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Ok here we are. Adventuring are we? Don't be late for dinner.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #214984
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: