CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
SCC

Posted: 4th December 2004 20:40

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I guess this is a topic where every can post about their SCC's or SSCC's, if they're doing any. I, myself, just recently started a Thief SCC. I'm only at level 3 and just got the ship, and I can already tell that this is going to be very difficult. You see, thieves have very few strong points. Basically, the only thing they've got going for them is their agility. They can dodge attacks like none other and I have never missed when trying to escape...ever. In my specific challenge, I'm going to attempt to keep the exp for each party member the same. That means if one of my thieves dies, I have to reset or run away. I only had to run away once so far, but I know it'll get worse very soon. The thing about this is that it's extremely random and based on luck. I can go through an entire battle of 6 or 7 enemies without taking damage, but I could go into a battle with a single shark or Iguana and they'd connect with a critical hit and do like...67 or something, which is insane at this point. I'd post my characters' stats, but Id on't remember them and I'm too lazy to check right now, so I'll just give their names and HP:

Num4-81 HP
Num2-80 HP
Num1-79 HP
Num3-79 HP

Num1+Num2 have the wooden armor equipped, and Num3+Num4 have the cloth equipped for the evasion bonus. Conclusion: I think that evasion is going to be key in this challenge, since Num3+Num4 rarely get hit. However, when they do, it's for big damage. Please leave any suggestions for equipment or strategy.

Edit
It seems I was mistaken...Cltoh really doesn't have an evade % advantage over Wooden Armor...that's a shame.

This post has been edited by Caesar on 4th December 2004 20:47

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #66710
Posted: 29th December 2004 00:34
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I am level 24 on my thief SCC. Are you going to class change? I'm not, ninjas are a lot easier.

I haven't beaten Astos yet, I usually do 1-8 damage per hit to him. You need to get lucky and get criticals, but you are using up all your luck dodging Rub, which kills me in the first 2 rounds 90% of the time. After Astos it will get easier, because I can get sooooooo many more weapons and armor (dragon sword/buckler or silver ring). And zeus gauntlet... mmmmm.

I have about 40,000 extra gold lying around, which I will only need for gold ring and ProRing pretty much. And then soon after I will find the Opal ring and a ProRing anyway, lol!

I have found that the Marsh Cave is the best place to get experience. Once you get to about my level, everything outside runs.

anyone else?

-----

o yeah, I have also done a knight SCC. It was very easy, I had 990 HP on level 50, and I have a savestate of me right outside Chaos (Obviously my closest save is outside the Temple in the present day). I admit, this was my first time, so I had no qualms with using savestates. I wouldn't do that now, but seeing as it was SO easy, it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Post #68414
Posted: 31st December 2004 20:48

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Are you playing on the DoS version or the NES version? My Thief SCC on NES is taking me quite a long time, but on DoS, it took hardly any time at all. I did class change into Ninja, but I saved my game prior to changing class so if I want to, I can go back and beat it with my 4 Thieves.

Right now, my party in unbeatable on DoS. Not even Omega was difficult for me, really. I have my damage-dealing Ninja in the 3rd position since that position is targetted the least frequently in my experiences. He has ~140 attack power, my evasion Ninja has like 150 evade, the defense Ninja has crazy defense (I don't remember offhand), and the other damage-dealing Ninja has a high luck stat and a decent weapon. It sorta lost its amusement when anything would die in a single hit, so I will either continue with the WM SCC I started (class-change included, as well), or I'll beat it with my Thieves, no class change. I doubt I will go back to the NES version, though, since it doesn't have the convenient fast-forward button and since time is of the essence.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #68599
Posted: 1st January 2005 14:01
Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
am playing a NES rom for my SCC's. Not using savestates though. I am keeping a journal of my Thief game, check out www.fforigins.com because it should be going up there soon.
Post #68646
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: