CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Toughest ff7 boss?

Posted: 9th March 2008 07:00

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Title says it all.

For me, it was Carry Armour, if you're not in very good at the game it will take a long time to beat him.... He was/is the only boss in the game who gives me a lot of trouble.... The fact that he can pick up your characters and you have to kill them to get them back is a ********* conundrum.......

What do y'all say?
Post #163760
Posted: 9th March 2008 13:34
Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Ruby, no doubt about it.
Post #163767
Posted: 9th March 2008 16:43

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Err...ruby weapon. Emerald second.
Post #163769
Posted: 9th March 2008 17:47

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Jorgur @ 9th March 2008 16:43)
Err...ruby weapon. Emerald second.

They never gave me any trouble.... Because, I have KOTR at the weapon's and not at Carry Armour
Post #163773
Posted: 9th March 2008 17:54

Onion Knight

Awards:
Ruby, always had to solo

On carry armor, i took time to level up Contain until i could use flare (contain=quad magic is like 7000x4), and went with everyone's limit breaks ready, so i beat it in under 3 minutes.

This post has been edited by §€þђΊɾδ†ђ on 9th March 2008 17:57

--------------------
[llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] Loading Clever Response-Please Wait
Hah, this is where my name goes right?
Post #163774
Posted: 10th March 2008 21:47

Returner

Ruby Ruby Ruby Rubbyyyyyyyy ooohohohohooooooooo....

deffo ruby weapon. anything that responds with ultima after you smack it with KOR is just plain bad news.

emerald was a rather disappointing pushover, i seem to remember him being much harder, all those years ago. had him licked in under 10 mins, it's all about kicking off using sheild, so nothing touches you (having this plus high luck/luck plus materia certainly helps) then just spanking W-summon + KOR + mime lather rinse repeat . . . .

but ruby. what a doosh. at least if emerald annoyed you, you could go at it with regular weaponry!!!

--------------------
"I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it" - Vincent Valentine
Post #163842
Posted: 12th March 2008 02:25

Returner

Awards:
Ruby.

But, as far as bosses that you have to fight go - I'll say Carry Armor as well. Lapis laser some more why don't you...

--------------------
Drink coffee. Eat pocky. Say kupo.

FFV SOLO SCC In Progress: White Mage (Such joy -_\\)
If you want to donate a white mage robe to me, then by all means do - playing FFV dressed as a white mage would be a dream come true. I can but hope.
Post #163912
Posted: 12th March 2008 05:33
Onion Knight

Awards:
Ruby,
It was the only one that really gave me a hard time, emerald could be nerfed with the right equipment, but ruby was such a pain in the...
Post #163931
Posted: 15th March 2008 12:29

Onion Knight

Awards:
Oh my god Emerald was the hardest. He has like what 1000000 HP and his normal attack can do about 4000 to each character.

--------------------
Hadoken!
Post #164058
Posted: 15th March 2008 13:49
Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I thought that Emerald is much much much more easier than ruby is.
Post #164060
Posted: 15th March 2008 19:47

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Ruby WEAPON. Only thing in the game I have yet to kill
Post #164072
Posted: 15th March 2008 23:17

Cactuar

Awards:
That scorpion boss that Barret and Cloud had to fight at the beginning
Post #164082
Posted: 17th March 2008 15:51

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
would have to be ..... demon wall since i had to restart the game to beat it lolz and then second the materia keeper because i beat it no problem, but then my save crashed (dammned memory card) and it took ages to beat it again for no reason!! argh!!!!

--------------------
Dear Sephiroth, you say its just an illusion... i say your mums on the game ~
Post #164153
Posted: 17th March 2008 17:04

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (LeaveTheRonsoProblemToTheRonsoYa @ 17th March 2008 15:51)
would have to be ..... demon wall since i had to restart the game to beat it lolz and then second the materia keeper because i beat it no problem, but then my save crashed (dammned memory card) and it took ages to beat it again for no reason!! argh!!!!

I concur! I don't know why no matter how many times I go through the game I alwaysssss alwaysssss die on this boss at least twice. Drives me nuts tongue.gif

--------------------
Snake: I'm no hero...never was...never will be...
Meryl: You havn't changed at all Snake.
MGS4 Coming June 12th.

Currently Playing: The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy VI Advance
Next Game To Play: (Actully Finish) GTA IV
Last Game Beaten: Contra 4 (Easy Mode)
Post #164158
Posted: 19th March 2008 01:07

Engineer

Awards:
Ruby Weapon, by far.

--------------------
You Can't Escape...
Nowhere to run...
Nowhere to hide...
Post #164214
Posted: 23rd March 2008 20:39

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
am amazed that most people sed ruby weapon a thought the most popular 1 wud b emerald lol laugh.gif !!! well a say emerald weapon cos kicks bum and demon wall wud b second, but ruby was alrite with me apart from the big swing, a still survived that quite well. also its quite easy 2 learn not 2 attack ruby until its claws r in the ground (cos of its quicksand attack). well, it woz easy fer me, cos a take note of boss changes, includin the forst boss raisin its tail. a laffed wen me brother attacked the scorpon even wen the tail woz raised laugh.gif . then a told him not 2 happy.gif

--------------------
[img]http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/672008/6c8e265d6453ee13754ae8dd8cd2f330.png[/img]

the voices talk to me... and i listen WELL...hehehe...
Post #164448
Posted: 25th March 2008 21:19

Engineer

Awards:
I'll leave Emerald and Ruby out of it because we've already got a poll here somewhere about that already.

Hardest Boss minus American bosses:

Demon's Gate because it can't be poisoned and magic attacks do nothing to it.

I know the topics about the hardest but whatever, yeah, easiest boss is Air Buster.

Braver + Big Shot = dead
Post #164574
Posted: 26th March 2008 15:01
Returner

Deffo Demons Gate if u never did any levelling before it

i recall back in '99 when i was 6 yrs old and knew nothin except to hit him with bahamut and see how the rest of it went. My characters were maybe lvl 18 or 19 i dunno but all i deffo remember is that i had cloud over 1k hp, but aeris and red weren't. Anyways id either get it down to about 2k hp, or barely halfway, before i got double cave inned and had no source of healing (aeris being dead, no limit, no hi potions). so yeah id end up being dead and beat it on maybe my 10th try. You need a certain amount of luck against it.

Carry armor quite a few people said that it was the hardest, i never found it hard, jus challenging, it jus used to pick up 1 of my chars and lapis laser me. so id just heal and bolt3 it or w/e.

Weapons, yeah emerlad is definetly harder. It was only until recently that i decided to have another go at the game and try hammer the weapons for the first time. Yeah it was after i got pounded 3 times by emerald that someone told me aire tam storm will only destroy u if all ur guys have 9 materia or more. I didnt care, just hoped for luck and got it on my 3rd try.

As for ruby, well, COMPLETE walk in the park. I realised that u could stop it, so mm yeah, w-summon hades + KotR and mime it, simple as.

but generally, defo demons gate, cuz u are so limited in disc 1, it makes it such a challenge
Post #164609
Posted: 9th April 2008 19:11

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
For my response I am not going to include the Weapons because that would be stating the obvious. I am going to base my decision from the very first time I played through the game. Okay, from hardest to easiest here goes:

1. Rapps(flying bird of Don Cornea) - I found this boss the hardest because I had no materia, and his one move, i think its called Aero 13 or something. Its been a while sorry I cant remember the exact name. This move would instantly kill one of my characters everytime. I also remember having to buy all the lightening and fire items to finally beat him.

2. Materia Keeper- The Trine attack always did me in

3.Demon Gate- basically immune to everything

4.One-Winged Angel (Sephiroth)- damn supernova

5. Boss from Cosmo Canyon cave. Sorry I cant remember his name. It might have been something "Gi". This was Red 13's quest. He had 2 flames that would attack you. He took me forever to beat. Keep in mind that at this time I did not know that holy magic would kill him so he was tough. Now he is very easy though.
Post #165328
Posted: 18th April 2008 17:01
Returner

For me it's the lapiz lazulu u know that robot by the submarine that Reno sends after ya anyway dats my opinion...oh ya and supernova can't kill you...eventually its the only move he can use.
Post #165743
Posted: 20th April 2008 13:10

Onion Knight

Awards:
Believe it or not, the first attack by Ultima Weapon in Mideel. I'm never really prepared to fight it because I always forget about the encounter altogether.
Post #165819
Posted: 20th April 2008 18:55

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Sans Ruby and Emerald Weapons, the only bosses that killed me on the first try were both Carry Armor and Demon Wall.

--------------------
Music is a mysterious thing... Sometimes, it makes people remember things that they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember them or not...

- Shitan, Xenogears
Post #165832
Posted: 28th April 2008 16:53

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I don't know what it is, but I had a much easier time with Ruby than I did with Emmy, it's just that Ruby was more time consuming. But on my very first time through Safer Sephiroth actually whipped my ass pretty good, since I hadn't done any sidequests yet and was only about level 60.
Post #166158
Posted: 1st June 2008 02:01

Onion Knight

Awards:
Ruby hands down! I never bother with the underwater materia yet I kick Emerald in the seat with each character equipped with 4x cut-- so much faster then KOR, plus you can shoot off limits like nobody's business. Ruby.... ahhh.... what a prick. Always sucks away 2 characters, never know why he's so angry...... mean, mean old Ruby weapon. And he keeps sticking his little fingers in the ground making you target away from him, and he's all invulnerable to start the fight. Big jerk!

This post has been edited by Calculate_Death on 1st June 2008 02:02
Post #167640
Posted: 1st June 2008 03:59

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Okay, the first time through, I didn't understand how to get chocobos, (I kept looking for a forest for some) sooo, I had to run across the Zolom Swamp... yea, a lot of curse words and thrown controllers on the repeated wipes on Midgar Zolom, then of course, I had to repeatedly, repeatedly, stomp his arse, repeatedly when I was high enough level for my peace of mind.... repeatedly.

(Yes, I DID run across, no chocobo, no save cheating, no insta-gibbing from chocobuckle, but took me like 45 min of repated dying, cursing, reseting, loading, running, fighting, dying... you get the point)

Seriously, I had snake for dinner every time I was a little bored, or passing to feed my chocobos, or breeding, or passing anywhere on the Midgar continent.

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Post #167646
Posted: 7th July 2008 22:08

Returner

Emerald For sure he's got like 1000000hp and you only get like 20mins to kill it!
laugh.gif
Post #169380
Posted: 8th July 2008 01:17

Onion Knight

Awards:
The first bot you meet in the reactor always seems to give me a hard time, don't ask me why 0.o

--------------------
I just got ∞ questions for you.
Why?
Post #169388
Posted: 11th July 2008 17:37

Lunarian

Awards:
Quote (53phir0th @ 7th July 2008 17:08)
Emerald For sure he's got like 1000000hp and you only get like 20mins to kill it!
laugh.gif

You are aware that there is a way around the time limit on Emerald?

I'd say that Emerald is harder than Ruby and I'll tell you why.. years ago we had a thread opened up on here (before there was an FFVII section) that was about who was harder, Emerald vs Ruby and back then I voted Ruby, until Tiddles made mention in the thread that Ruby was not immune to status effects having to do with time (stop, slow etc.) and so I equipped KoTR and Hades to Cloud. Ruby of course swallowed up my other two characters and so I used W-summons to cast hades and the KoTR. Hades causes Stop on him and because of this combination he managed to only hit me twice before I killed him. If you use this technique, Ruby is cake.. or for that matter, less than cake. That I know of, there is no such simple way to get rid of Emerald.
Edit
Don't forget that you need MIME to be able continue this combination without having to use ether or elixers

This post has been edited by Sephiroth on 11th July 2008 17:40

--------------------
Climhazzard is the timeless evil robot who runs some of the cool stuff at CoN (mostly logging chat, since there are no quizzes at the moment), all the while watching and waiting for his moment to take over the world. -Tiddles
Post #169449
Posted: 30th July 2008 15:07

Returner

The required bosses are all so easy. The only one I had trouble with was Demon gate, for some reason.

Ruby was a wimp, you just gotta have a good strategy. I'm sure emerald is too, but I havent beaten him. I would have to say he is hands down the hardest boss in the game. I don't see where people get off saying Ruby is so hard. As long as you have KOTR and Mime he is a wimp.

--------------------
I never met a traitor I didn't like.
Post #170943
Posted: 31st July 2008 16:22

Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (Sephiroth @ 11th July 2008 17:37)
That I know of, there is no such simple way to get rid of Emerald.

Yes there is. Get Barret or Cid or Cloud or Yuffie and set their limit break to one that hits a lot (AngerMax, Highwind, Omnislash, Doom of the Living). Equip their Ultimate Weapon and the Wizard's Bracelet and Sprint Shoes. Fill every slot with Mime+Counter. Get their Limit Break ready before they go into battle. Once in battle use thier Limit Break right away. Then sit back and watch the slaughter. As soon as Emmy breaths heavily on them they will respond with 8, yep count em 8, more Limits. And if that doesn't finish him off, just wait until he attacks again, and you'll respond in with another barrage of Limits.

NOTE: This works best with Barret and Yuffie, since thier weapons don't depend on HP/MP, but is is possible to use this with all of the above characters. You'll just have to max Cloud's and Cid's Strength. And probably Luck as well.

--------------------
I'm a little Wombat, short and stout
Here is my tail and here is my snout
But if you get me angry and I start to snarl
WATCH OUT OR I'LL BITE YOU'RE HEAD OFF!!!
Post #170984
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: