CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
go go gogo!

Posted: 27th March 2008 16:47

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
is there any way to beat gogo the mimic in a fight? i sat there and did nothing because he said mimic him and you will win but i want to know if you could beat him any other way. i tried for no reason and when he took enough damage he continuously casted meteor. thanks in advance thumbup.gif

--------------------
[img]http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/672008/6c8e265d6453ee13754ae8dd8cd2f330.png[/img]

the voices talk to me... and i listen WELL...hehehe...
Post #164700
Posted: 28th March 2008 20:08
Returner

In theory it may be possible. In practice you would perhaps have to level to 99 or 100, whichever is the maximum, and probably master all jobs to stand a chance. Apparently if you are successful you get a Gold Hairpin. I don't think anyone has ever managed to beat him, though...
Post #164788
Posted: 28th March 2008 20:57

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I think after you deal a certain amount of damage he just starts taking a series of near-continuous turns, and unless your ATBs are just right such that you can kill him then, he'll just cheaply kill you by repeatedly spamming Meteo.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #164794
Posted: 28th March 2008 22:10

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I held out answering this because I felt like I already posted my FFV Gogo AI script dump somewhere here. And I was right! I found it buried in an unrelated thread, so don't worry about not finding it before. Anyways, as copied from myself over a year ago:

Quote (Caesar of the past)
Gogo's AI script, as dumped by RL and I:
Code

If Var_01 = 0x02      
{        
- Execute Next 0x03 Bytes  
[Meteo]
[Meteo]
[Meteo]
      - Execute Next 0x03 Bytes  
[Maelstrom]
[Snowstorm]
[Aqua Rake]
- Execute Next 0x04 Bytes  
[Blaze]
[Snowstorm]
[Aqua Rake]
}        
If Var_00 = 0x02      
{        
- Display Text(0x05C0-0x05C8)    
- Target Self    
[X-Zone]
}        
If Var_00 = 0x01      
{        
[Idle for 24 rounds]
- Set Var_00 to 0x02    
[Idle]
}        
General AI:      
{        
- Display Text(0x042E-0x0437)
- Set Var_00 to 0x01    
[Idle]
}        

Counters:    
If HP < 0x80E8 (33,000)
AND    
If Gogo takes damage
{        
- Display Text(0x04BC-0x04BE)
- Change Music to 0x01    
- Display Text(0x04BF)
- Set Var_01 to 0x02    
[Meteo]
}        
If Gogo is hit with Magic      
{        
- Set Var_01 to 0x01    
Randomly choose between [Holy, Flare, and Meteo]
}        
If Gogo is hit physically      
{        
- Set Var_01 to 0x01    
Randomly choose between [Fight, Special, and Critical]
}        
If Gogo sustains any damage      
{        
- Set Var_01 to 0x01    
[Remedy]
}

So what does all this mean? It means that once you enter battle, Gogo begins speaking and sets Var_00 to 0x01, so that for the next 24 turns, he will idle and then set Var_00 to 0x02. This having been done, he will display his ending text (blah blah, that's how to Mimic, lolz), target himself, and Degeon away.

That is all assuming you just sit there. If you deal any damage to him or attempt a physical or magical attack on him, he will set Var_01 to 0x01 and do some different things. Apparently if you deal damage to him and bring him down to below 33,000 HP, he will change the battle music to something else, say something, and Meteo you. If you use Magic, he will either use Holy, Flare, or Meteo. If you physically attack, he will either Fight, use his Special, or just straight deal 9999 damage to you. And lastly, after doing so, he will use "Remedy" on himself, but you won't know it. This recovers all of his health.

What Caesar of the past forgot to mention is that if your attack does in fact bring him to below 33k HP, not only will he Meteo you, but he will also set VAR_02 to 0x02, which initiates his AI script of KOs. That is, he will use three meteos in one turn, and then maelstorm, snowstorm, and aqua rake the next, and then blaze, snowstorm, and aqua rake. After this, he will restart with the three Meteos.

There are a few problems I have with this, though. Mainly, I thought only one counter was possible per attack, but it does seem as though Gogo recovers after each hit, which would mean he does his last counter in addition to another counter. Similarly, I have run into the triple meteo counter before, which would mean VAR_02 was 0x02 and not 0x01 which is set after he heals. So this is my theory: if you can damage him to below 33k health and then survive four consecutive meteos, you will defeat him. Reason being, he will always initiate the first counter and not the others; since "Remedy" is the fourth counterattack in line, that would mean he won't recover his health.

Now this brings up another issue I have with this. I do believe that a counter is induced after every hit, not after every turn. That is, if you use X-fight, I think he may counter 4 times, or at least a handful of times. In this case, he will always recover his health since he is not below 33k HP after one hit (not physically possible; IIRC, Gogo has ~47k HP). If this is how counters are done, he is not beatable and you will take the beating of a lifetime.

My conclusion: Gogo is not beatable. Even if you do drop his health to below 33k somehow, you need to survive 4 consecutive meteos from his 99 magic power. Good luck. And even then, you need to finish him off in 1-2 more hits because he will counter your next attack with another meteo and then another string of three powerful magic spells.

This post has been edited by Caesar on 28th March 2008 22:11

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #164806
Posted: 28th March 2008 23:36

SOLDIER

Awards:
so here's the real question:

the script specifies, "When Gogo is hit by magic." does this mean that spells such as carbuncle, reflect, shell, protect, and golem will NOT activate his death and destruction? If this is true, there is a crazy statistical opportunity that you could potentially set up a reflect, and then magic him once, causing a chain reaction of reflected holys (as i believe that holy is still reflectable), which is kind of a longshot in potentials, but each magic attack would initiate another chain into, "When Gogo is hit by magic."

The ultimate flaw (and their failsafe) is that once you hit 33,000 hp, he's gonna swap to a meteo. This would require one hell of a shell spell, but if I remember correctly, Gogo will go into magic mode even if you use cure on one of your guys, so you need shell rings, and reflect spells to initiate. Being able to pull cure spells after that would be near impossible, as you would need unheard of magic power to get around your own shells (not to mention Gogo's "You used magic!" + "Meteo cuz I'm under 33k!"

Which reels into another option, probably just as impossible based on his attack patterns, but potential based on what it is: The chemist ability to increase the level of an enemy, paired with darkshok + lv 5 death. Death-proof or not, EVERYTHING is succeptable to lv 5 death, it's just that most bosses are set up to not have potential levels in incements of 5, even with darkshok. If I remember correctly tho, there is a drink chemists can make that ups the level of a target by 10, and as gogo is lv 77, I remember calculating that with enough darkshoks, any moster inbetween lvl 80 and 89 can be lv 5 deathed.

So shell up, Shok up, and Death up.

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Play me on Rock Band 2, GH-WT, or any other Xbox GH!
Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #164812
Posted: 29th March 2008 05:03

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
I'm not sure if defensive magic triggers his counter. I do remember testing this before but I don't remember the outcome. Bah. Anyways, the problem of this battle is that you can't deal damage fast enough to bring him into his other attack mode, and if you do, you taste 4 meteos. Nothing can survive that, honestly. It does random, defense-ignoring damage and he has some pretty decent magic power. Plus, four in a row? Let's be serious.

If you reflect yourself and hit him with magic, you just stall your own death. You hit him, he hits you or himself with something and heals. One third of those "something"s will be meteo. Eventually you will die.

The thread I posted that dump in initially was the thread where I posted my find of the BlakShock + Samson Drink combo with Lvl5 Death. He is one of the enemies I proposed using it on. I never tried it but I do think it would work if you just keep healing after his spells. The unfortunate oversight, though, is that the battle is timed and BlakShock has absolute garbage accuracy, especially on higher level enemies. I suppose you COULD use tons of Samson Drink on one party member and have him be the designated BlakShocker, but that still takes a long time to do and I think you may have drowned by then. Plus, after each failed BlakShock, he counters. So you either use up turns raising your level and trying to hit with that or by healing the damage he deals after you miss with BlakShock. It would be tough but, time permitting, it seems to be a usable strategy.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #164830
Posted: 30th March 2008 18:33

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
wow this topic was more successful than i thought it would be laugh.gif ! ive tried fighting him head-on, using carbuncle then casting spells on him, only to have him shout at you for not mimicing properly (lol laugh.gif ) and then he hits me with 1 meteor, then there is the count to see if anybody is dea, then i get hit 3 times in a row by meteor, which unluckily enough hits all my characters instead of focusing on 1, and kills them. erm...sorry if i droned on there biggrin.gif

--------------------
[img]http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/672008/6c8e265d6453ee13754ae8dd8cd2f330.png[/img]

Post #164924
Posted: 31st March 2008 10:23
Returner

So basically if you don't use the Samson Drink and BlackShock, he'll kill you...? If you move fast and grabbed the air from the chest you'd have, say, 6:30 to 5:30 left. Add Haste2 and maybe the SpeedSong and... It could be done, just, if everyone has Blue. It'd take a braver man than me to try it though.
Post #164957
Posted: 31st March 2008 17:18

SOLDIER

Awards:
I don't know if I have the patience to play thorugh a game just to attack Gogo, but if someone has a save file (as I believe that part isn't illegal) that I could load on right before Gogo, I can shark in the spells, and I could try recording a run on Gogo. I'm not real good with the recording tools, but I could give it a shot, and see if he really can be killed. I haven't done much with FFV lately, that may be fun.

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Play me on Rock Band 2, GH-WT, or any other Xbox GH!
Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #164963
Posted: 31st March 2008 17:26

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
cool good idea!! gogo acts funnily. and the music is funny. until it changes thumbup.gif

--------------------

Post #164964
Posted: 31st March 2008 19:43

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
sorry about that last message i think it could be classed as spam thumbdown.gif . i forgot to add that im gonna search on internet for anybody who has namaged and hopefully videoware thumbup.gif

--------------------

Post #164972
Posted: 10th April 2008 21:02

Returner

Nice to know that he drops a Tiger Mask when you beat him though. Or if you're brave, try stealing a Gold Hairpin off him.

Post #165390
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: