CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FFTeditor

Posted: 22nd February 2010 23:40
Returner

Hello everyone! I have a simple question that I hope will have a simple answer. Recently I've discovered FFTeditor for my FFT emulator game and I was wondering how I can use some of the special classes that are not usually accessible to the main character, such as Holy Knight, Arc Knight, and such. I know you can assign it to them but the problem is their Squire class stays just that which means I cannot unlock new abilities to use for them. For instance I made Ramza a Holy Knight, but no where in his job listings does it say so, it still just says Squire. Any suggestions?
Post #184022
Posted: 18th March 2010 03:35
Returner

You should not be cheating in this game, you cheating cheater who cheats.

--------------------
The angels are flying tonight.
The angels are singing tonight.
The angels are feasting tonight.
Post #184342
Posted: 18th March 2010 10:28

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Magitek @ 17th March 2010 22:35)
You should not be cheating in this game, you cheating cheater who cheats.

You should not be posting things like this if you don't want a warning, you spammy spammer who spams.

Also, in an effort to be helpful to the OP, because I never noticed this question before, the editor you're using can't actually do that, I don't think. I think it MIGHT be able to actually add the abilities manually while you're in there, but it won't let you learn them in game. I can't be quite sure as it's been years since I messed with it, but I seem to recall at the very least that there's no way to learn the special classes' abilities in-game.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 18th March 2010 10:30

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #184348
Posted: 18th March 2010 11:21

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Actually, there is a way - if you use a Gameshark, or a program that allows the use of Gameshark style hex codes, you can change the base class of a character. Whatever you set their class to will temporarily replace their Squire (or equivalent) class, allowing you to learn the associated abilities and gain JP in it as you would a normal class. There are complications, though; as long as the Gameshark is active, any attempts to change class will cause the character to pop back into the class, and while you retain that class even if you turn off the system and start it up again without the code, changing classes without the Gameshark active will cause whatever you've set the class to to turn back into Squire (meaning you can't make a generic an Arc Knight, turn off the Gameshark, swap the character to, say, a Samurai, and be able to switch him back to an Arc Knight without first restarting the game with the Gameshark active).

Hopefully this four AM post wasn't too confusing.
Post #184349
Posted: 18th March 2010 12:03

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Suunok @ 18th March 2010 06:21)
Actually, there is a way - if you use a Gameshark, or a program that allows the use of Gameshark style hex codes, you can change the base class of a character.

That's a good point, but I should point out for the OP or anyone who doesn't understand that this is not the same thing as the FFT editor mentioned to start this thread. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #184350
Posted: 18th March 2010 19:57
Returner

That would be quite unfair and unmoddly of you moddy modder who mods, as you just did that to me. You would need to also give yourself a warning to keep this system just.

Moderator Edit
Facepalm time. You didn't contribute anything to the topic in either of your posts in this thread. I did, even though I also called you out. The difference is that I have to enforce the rules, but you don't have to spam. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 18th March 2010 20:04

--------------------
Post #184368
Posted: 19th March 2010 05:06

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 18th March 2010 12:03)
That's a good point, but I should point out for the OP or anyone who doesn't understand that this is not the same thing as the FFT editor mentioned to start this thread. smile.gif

Good point. There is a program available that simulates a Gameshark and functions with the major PSX emulator, and for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. It can be a little frustrating to use at times, and it can also resolve some of the issues associated with the emulator.

For example, when my PS1 went kaput and I started using an emulator so I could still get my fix, the FFT world map background was always blacked out unless Ramza was moving from one point to another. There's a code that removes the fading towards the edges of the screen that, when used in this situation, prevents that display issue.
Post #184381
Posted: 19th March 2010 11:05

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Suunok @ 19th March 2010 00:06)
Good point. There is a program available that simulates a Gameshark and functions with the major PSX emulator, and for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. It can be a little frustrating to use at times, and it can also resolve some of the issues associated with the emulator.

For example, when my PS1 went kaput and I started using an emulator so I could still get my fix, the FFT world map background was always blacked out unless Ramza was moving from one point to another. There's a code that removes the fading towards the edges of the screen that, when used in this situation, prevents that display issue.

I think you're thinking of Playstation Emulation Cheater, for what it's worth.

--------------------

Post #184392
Posted: 19th March 2010 13:18
Returner

Since Mr Rangerman insists that suggesting somebody NOT cheat at a game is "not constructive" i shall recommend you just use the debugger built into the emulator if your emulator supports one. It is actually more effective then a gameshark. If you're into that type of cheating of course.

--------------------
Post #184396
Posted: 19th March 2010 16:35

Black Mage

Awards:
:facepalm: ?

Dude...it is true that cheaters suck in MP games but WHY THE HELL do you want to prohibt them from cheating in single player? No one will be annoyed cause of it or even notice ??
The reason why cheating is forbidden at game servers is because it does ANNOY OTHER PEOPLE, that's it.
Post #184403
Posted: 19th March 2010 17:01

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Bas @ 19th March 2010 11:35)
:facepalm: ?

Dude...it is true that cheaters suck in MP games but WHY THE HELL do you want to prohibt them from cheating in single player? No one will be annoyed cause of it or even notice ??
The reason why cheating is forbidden at game servers is because it does ANNOY OTHER PEOPLE, that's it.

Guys, this topic should not be about cheating, because it serves absolutely no purpose to the original poster. If you want to talk about cheating in gaming, feel free to start a thread about it, it would probably be really interesting. Just don't bloody do it in this thread!

--------------------

Post #184404
Posted: 8th April 2010 23:40

Returner

You should be able to find some modules for the popular GBA table editor 'Nightmare'. If ones exist for Golden Sun and Fire Emblem. then some FFT ones shouldn't be hard to come by.
If all else fails, then you could try your hand at hex editing. Brain-racking, but somewhat worth it.
Post #184921
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: