CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Nerdy Collectibles Thread

Posted: 2nd January 2012 17:15

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Most of mine are gaming-related, I think, but I didn't want to make this gaming-only because I didn't think I would get any replies.

I'm starting to reclaim some of the stuff I collected when I was younger, now that I live closer to home and have a house to store it. Plus, my parents want it out of their place. smile.gif First thing I got back from them is this:

user posted image

That's an original promotional standup for the first Parasite Eve, which was in shops in mid-1998 and I collected after the GameStop in my hometown was done with it. It has been in my parents' house for the last thirteen years, and is a little beat up now, but still looks pretty awesome in my office (though my wife hates it beyond all reason).

(Also, see http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...showtopic=14799 for another nerdy collection of mine, which I've completed since the original post).

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #198842
Posted: 2nd January 2012 18:39

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Well, I have collections of video games and comic books. That's something, right?

The nerdiest thing I sort of collect is these: Dragon Quest Sofubi series. IThey're soft vinyl figurines of Dragon Quest characters; I own about a dozen. The material they're made out of is basically the same as a rubber ducky, but sturdier. They're nifty and I'd like more, but they are basically the opposite of something worth buying.

--------------------
Post #198843
Posted: 2nd January 2012 19:16

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (laszlow @ 2nd January 2012 13:39)
Well, I have collections of video games and comic books. That's something, right?

The nerdiest thing I sort of collect is these: Dragon Quest Sofubi series. IThey're soft vinyl figurines of Dragon Quest characters; I own about a dozen. The material they're made out of is basically the same as a rubber ducky, but sturdier. They're nifty and I'd like more, but they are basically the opposite of something worth buying.

Where do you find those? A 1:1 slime sounds awesome for my desk.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #198844
Posted: 2nd January 2012 19:32

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
They sell a few of them on the Square-Enix store, and I got my first few there. I got the rest here: http://www.amiami.com/ The regular slime is around 3-4 inches tall, and the 1:1 is pretty sizeable. Their stock changes all the time, but it looks like they're out of the 1:1 slime for now, sorry dood.

(for the record, 8 of my collection are different types of slimes, and the other four are larger monsters. My favorite is the G.Dragon from Dragon Quest V)

--------------------
Post #198845
Posted: 2nd January 2012 19:53

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Second place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Member of more than five years. Second place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Well, I have a couple of figures stood atop my bookcase:

Cloud + Hardy Daytona
Red XIII
Solid Snake ( MGS1 and MGS4 version)
Nathan Drake (from the UC3 European Explorer edition)
Optimus Prime (sadly, I only have the Revenge of the Fallen model, not an original Gen1)

I'm really trying to get hold of an original Vivi figure too, but the little fella is selling for silly money online, so that may not happen.

Beyond those, I also have a few assorted trinkets from this and that, including a couple of special editions of games, but nothing that could really quantify as a collection per se.

The nerdiest thing is that I could confess to is that I do wear on a daily basis the replica of Drake's ring from the Uncharted series that came in the UC3 Explorer edition...

This post has been edited by Stiltzkin on 2nd January 2012 19:54

--------------------
We apologise for the inconvenience
Post #198846
Posted: 4th January 2012 18:41

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
I kind of missed the early FF6 boat when it was first released, so I had to pick my copy up on eBay around 1999-2000 or so. But the copy didn't come with the world map, which at the time I definitely wanted. There was a separate auction that sold a laminated copy of it, which I still have in its pristine condition.

I also started keeping all of the game boxes for mostly PC games I bought from the early 2000's and onward. I haven't purchased all that many really, but I always thought it was neat to keep them in a box somewhere and look at them over the years.

Like Josh mentioned, I also have a (small) collection of those Kidrobot toys, all being gifts from friends for Christmas, but I only have 3 so far: Slurms McKenzie, Fry, and Nibbler.

I guess the nerdiest collection I have though is what is partially a throwback to my childhood in my apartment. I have a TV setup with the Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Sega Genesis and XBox all plugged in and ready to play if I desire to, right next to my bed (the PlayStation 3 and Wii are hooked up to the main TV tongue.gif). And every once in a while I head to one of the local GameCraze's in town and see what old games they're selling (and if any rare gems pop up to snatch) and pick up a game here or there just to add to the collection if I feel like it.

This post has been edited by TheEvilEye on 4th January 2012 18:50
Post #198879
Posted: 5th January 2012 00:56

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I have a few gundams, ranging from the earliest models to the latest series. I also have a few figurines too: Cloud, Vincent, Sephiroth, Seymour (from the Bevelle fight), Goku, Black Star Shenron, and Porunga. Also have all the state quarters.

--------------------
-FFIII FFIV FFV FFVII FFVIII FFX FFXII FFXIII FF:Dissidia FFVII:CC FFVII:DoC
--KHI KHII KH:COM KH:BbS
---SO:FD SO:TTEOT SO:TLH
----DQIII DQVIII
-----DA:O DAII
------VP:S
Post #198883
Posted: 5th January 2012 10:23

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Winner of CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. 
Quote (laszlow @ 2nd January 2012 19:39)
Well, I have collections of video games and comic books.  That's something, right? 

The nerdiest thing I sort of collect is these: Dragon Quest Sofubi series.  IThey're soft vinyl figurines of Dragon Quest characters; I own about a dozen.  The material they're made out of is basically the same as a rubber ducky, but sturdier.  They're nifty and I'd like more, but they are basically the opposite of something worth buying.

Ahh, I'd love to have some of those. No idea how shipping to Europe works from those sites though, guess I'll have to check it out.

I have a lot of figures and figurines and the like, including but not limited to several Gundams and a super robot chogokin Great Mazinger. Might post a picture later.

EDIT: Square-Enix Shop doesn't ship to Sweden it seems... Guess I might try that other site then.

This post has been edited by Gigantuar on 5th January 2012 13:01
Post #198889
Posted: 5th January 2012 12:07

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! 
I actually began collecting many things, but since Brazil is a peripheral country in terms of pop/nerd culture, everything anyone would classify as nerdy is very hard to find and/or very expensive.

But I have many Star Wars action figures (from de 1997 remaster elease and newer ones) and some of the Micro Machines line of toys. Oh, I also collected, back in the 90's, the action figures of the anime Saint Seya (not sure if anyone here knows it).

For now, I want to buy a Play Arts Big Boss action figure.

--------------------
Live Long and Prosper!
Post #198890
Posted: 5th January 2012 20:27

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Second place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Member of more than five years. Second place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Kirchewasser @ 5th January 2012 13:07)
For now, I want to buy a Play Arts Big Boss action figure.

A man after my own heart!

--------------------
We apologise for the inconvenience
Post #198896
Posted: 6th January 2012 00:46

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
I used to collect and play Magic: The Gathering until work got in the way. I still have the cards from back then, but I haven't played since Mirrodin, and while I wouldn't mind getting back into the game, I'm not sure I wanna pay the small fortune it would probably take to get my ass back up to date : / .

I still think about it, though...

--------------------
Post #198901
Posted: 6th January 2012 14:51

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I'm a terrible packrat and I collect everything. I still have every console and video game I've ever owned, that sort of stuff. My nerdiest collection would be more towards comic book stuff though, dismissing my collection of Marvel Comics trading cards from 90-93 (Autographs and all, Pokemon had nothing on these babies) I have essentially every single Marvel character ever created by the 90s as a 12 inch action figure and they are all spectacular. I've expanded my collection since then to include newer more collectible ones (NRFB and such) as well as spicing it up with some Megaman X swag because Zero is king. I've got a 62' Spider-man with fully articulate everything NRFB, walkie talkies for Spider-man, Spider-man 2, and some random bit with Wolverine and Spidey, as well as Wolverine and Iron Man masterworks 14' figures. My favorite part of the collection right now though is my 9' Anti-Venom stand. Close second would be the Marvel Zombies set featuring Zombie Spider-man, Zombie Hulk, Zombie Captain America, and half eaten bits of Silver Surfer strewn about.

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #198908
Posted: 7th January 2012 13:28
Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I can understand collecting. Although much of the stuff I consider very special to me is mostly my physical album collection which continues to expand. I got some still-sealed and rare records, cassettes, and early/second press CDs that I am unwilling to part with (especially the more obscure metal albums/EPs/singles). I also got a rare poster autographed by one of my favorite bands. It proudly hangs on my bedroom wall.
Post #198919
Posted: 8th January 2012 00:28

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Being that I'm 30, almost 31 and female, my 40 lb Lego collection I think would constitute itself as a nerdy collectible. I love my Legos and can't seem to part with them despite the fact that I never live in a place that allows me to set them up and enjoy them. Someday, someday. Love the minifigs though. Still try to get as many of those as possible.

--------------------
Chewbekah ^_^

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Attack of the Firday Monsters, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Lego City Undercover, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Recently Finished: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Favorite Game: Suikoden III
Post #198921
Posted: 8th January 2012 18:28

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Earlier this morning I attended a panel Q&A at MAGFest with Nobuo Uematsu and members of Black Mages and Earthbound Papas. I got Uematsu to sign a Super Famicom copy of Final Fantasy IV I bought earlier at a vendor. Uematsu was really cool, funny, and amiable. All of them seemed to be having a good time.

I also got Uematsu's bandmates to sign the game. Three of them are former Square employees (two sound/music assistants and one marketing design guy), and the fourth is a composer that works in Uematsu's current company. When the marketing guy saw the game I got out for him to sign, he got excited and laughed. Apparently he designed the box cover layout and manual for FF IV twenty years ago.

This post has been edited by laszlow on 8th January 2012 19:52

--------------------
Post #198944
Posted: 8th January 2012 20:02

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
Quote (laszlow @ 8th January 2012 19:28)
Earlier this morning I attended a panel Q&A at MAGFest with Nobuo Uematsu and members of Black Mages and Earthbound Papas. I got Uematsu to sign a Super Famicom copy of Final Fantasy IV I bought earlier at a vendor. Uematsu was really cool, funny, and amiable. All of them seemed to be having a good time.

I also got Uematsu's bandmates to sign the game. Three of them are former Square employees (two sound/music assistants and one marketing design guy), and the fourth is a composer that works in Uematsu's current company. When the marketing guy saw the game I got out for him to sign, he got excited and laughed. Apparently he designed the box cover layout and manual for FF IV twenty years ago.

That's really cool. Lucky you.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #198945
Posted: 5th February 2012 05:06

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I have a number of small trinkets uncerimoniously scattered around the house that I can't find but there are three things amongst my collectables that're especially of note.

A fan made figurine of my favorite Touhou character Patchouli Knowledge, a statuette of Mickey and Minnie Mouseby artist Jim Shore I ordered online from The Disney Store and the recently put out of production Taito licensed Hori Real Arcade Pro VLX arcade joystick for PS3, modeled after Taito's Viewlix F arcade cabinet using authentic Sanwa Denshi arcade parts from japan (set next to a 60GB PS3 for scale). Sadly, unlike some earlier H.R.A.P. arcade sticks, it is not backwards compatible with PS2 games out of the box, so my idea of having an 'authentic' Taito legends arcade setup sorta backfired...

A couple of side notes:

Patchouli's not all in one piece. Her hat and book are removable as can be seen here. Touhou art is also amazingly well articulated considering the lacking illustrative talents of the one man crew officially responsible for creating the inspirational work.

Mickey Mouse is one of my favorite cartoon characters, if not the favorite.

Japanese arcade parts feel substantially different from the western parts Suzo-HAPP and IL produce. The most notable differences is that both buttons and joystick are influenced by a much lighter touch, making them more responsive and the gate, which is a piece that determines the throw or outer boundaries of where the stick can be is square rather than Octogonal. Even though the VLX is out of production, this may be noteworthy to you there's still a less fanciful high end arcade stick market that uses japanese parts from Hori and Madcatz.

The other controller you see in the VLX picture is a Hori Fighting Commander 3 (vanilla varient, rather than pro.) It'd be one of the best general purpose 2D handheld controllers ever, if not the best except for the fact that having both R buttons mapped to the face limits its ultimate button mapping potential for games that aren't six button fighters, which are games I scarcely even play and P.C. compatibility is spotty. As it is, it's still a tossup between the S.N.E.S. and Saturn MK II controllers.

That's about the extent of what I want to share. Well, at least for now anyway, I do happen to have lots of other stuff but it isn't quite nearly so noteworthy or ready to show off at the moment...

This post has been edited by Tonepoet on 5th February 2012 05:30

--------------------
Post #199229
Posted: 18th July 2012 15:11

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 2nd January 2012 12:15)
(Also, see http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/in...showtopic=14799 for another nerdy collection of mine, which I've completed since the original post).

Since I completed the original set, Kidrobot has brought out two more figures, special edition and larger than the small ones in the link above. They both came out this summer, and I got one a few weeks back and the second is in transit to me right now. They are:

http://shop.comedycentral.com/Futurama-Woo.../B0071ML0JA.htm

and

http://shop.comedycentral.com/Futurama-Hyp.../B0081SHQTQ.htm

respectively. Oh my, yes.

--------------------

Post #200691
Posted: 31st July 2012 21:03

Black Mage

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2017. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2010. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2006. Third place in CoNCAA, 2008. 
See More (Total 10)
I finally got around to collecting the whole set of Jazware's Retro Roto mega man set. It was a tough find, because they haven't been released for a long time. There were two waves, and Gutsman was not included in the second wave, so that made it even harder to find. But it was well worth it:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/...megamen_img.png

I think the next set I'll be working on is NECA's Big Daddy figures (Alpha series, Rosie, Bouncer, and Big Sister).

--------------------
And have you found your joy, in this near dead world of ours?
Post #200810
Posted: 31st July 2012 22:26

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Member of more than ten years. 
Added to my Kidrobot collection recently! Now I've got Zapp, Nibbler, Slurms, Fry and Lurr. It's still too much to hope for to get a Robot Devil I think. Not until I get the rest. Leela and Bender are still absent from my list....
Post #200814
Posted: 14th September 2012 17:55

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I realized while packing to move (again) that I'd started another collection without realizing it - football scarves. My collection currently has four, though I might steal the one my wife has that I don't have. I have another that should be coming to me next week, printed in recognition of Sporting Kansas City's Open Cup win this year (the American version of the FA Cup or Copa del Rey).

Here are the four I have on my wall right now:
user posted image

From left to right, they are a United States scarf I got while at a USA/Canada women's friendly in 2011; the 15th Anniversary Kansas City Wizards scarf sold in 2010; a green and white hoop Sporting Kansas City scarf sold only at the season opener on St. Patrick's Day, 2012; and a standard 2012 SKC scarf which says "Welcome to the Blue Hell," one of the slogans of the main SKC supporters' club, and shown at each home game on a fifty-foot-wide banner ( https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4...735446321_n.jpg )

--------------------

Post #201012
Posted: 14th September 2012 18:21

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I have gaming (and a few anime) collectibles all over my apartment. Proud to admit that I stayed a nerdy gamer as I got older. I have a fair number of resin figures from Final Fantasy VII and Shadow of the Colossus as well as additional plastic figures from Advent Children, FInal Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy XII. Other than that, it's a mish-mash of Kingdom Hearts, StarCraft, Bioshock and Pokemon nonsense thrown in with several art pieces gathered at conventions and a few wall scrolls.

Proud gamer house. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out the Magicite Menagerie!

Retro gaming cosplayer with a focus on Terra Branford.
Post #201013
Posted: 4th October 2012 02:40

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I collect the odd Russian Themed things.

A Flask

user posted image

A Cigarette Tin

user posted image

A Hat with assorted pins

user posted image

A Watch. The person working the desk said something about a KGB agent, I was going to buy it anyway.

user posted image

I've been wearing this Ushanka every winter for almost 10 years.

user posted image

And these of course. Sadly I lost FFT and FFXIII. FFXIII is going to be easy to get but another PS1 cope of FFT, well, that's going to be tough.

user posted image

--------------------
Yeah, I barely post.
Post #201206
Posted: 12th October 2012 18:47

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
After waiting for it for over six weeks, my latest scarf arrived last weekend. This one commemorates the team's win of the US Open Cup, the only tournament in the country that is open to every single adult men's team that wants to pay the fee to enter. That game was on my daughter's birthday, and until life got in the way she and I were supposed to go to it together as one last game before we moved. Even though I ended up having to sell the tickets, I wanted to get this to commemorate.

http://i.imgur.com/O0WY9.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/il2jJ.jpg?2 (it's on the right side, it's the reverse side from the first shot.)

--------------------

Post #201270
Posted: 1st November 2012 00:06

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
This thread is making me regret turning down a Fractale anime poster at the anime club here at school, on the basis that I haven't seen the show and don't know whether I'd like it.

I do have a bunch of Pokémon toys and stuff from years back, but that's all at home. Also, four of five Voltron lions. I'm still missing Blue Lion, unfortunately.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #201401
Posted: 15th May 2014 18:01

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
My posts today are of a theme. Late last year, I added yet another two soccer/football scarves to my collection, both commemorating my team's championship from the 2013 season. The one on the top was an official release from the league, and the bottom, quite obviously, was not official but was released by the team's largest supporter's group.

user posted image

And going back even further, a new series of Kidrobot Futurama figures came out a couple months go. Via pure luck, I have the whole set now aside from Hyperchicken and Roberto: https://www.kidrobot.com/ShopAll/DesignerTo...oySeries23.html

--------------------

Post #206773
Posted: 26th May 2014 20:20

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Thanks to my recent acquisition, I now have three anime wall scrolls hanging in my room.

--------------------
Post #206842
Posted: 17th August 2014 22:19

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I've been getting quite a few more things lately, especially figurines and cathode ray tubes. However I'll save those to show for another time perhaps, as the reason I'm here is quite different.

You never specified the collectable had to be ours right R51? I think I've found the ultimate Nerdy collectable and for the price of a small kingdom, it could be yours! Action Comics No. 1: The 1938 debut of both Superman and Lois Lane in pristine, unyellowed condition.

While the auction is up, I'd suggest taking this opportunity to "evaluate" the pages, since the opportunity to examine them is rare. The first story is great and shows just how a nigh unstoppable man might need to act with urgency, alongside a humorous characterization of political laziness, apathy and stubbornness. It's one of the few times I've felt I could understand the appeal of of a virtually invulnerable character like Superman.

Obviously if one of us does manage to get it...

Oh who am I kidding, that's not happening unless Josh sells off the site and strips climmy for parts to auction off to the likes of Lex Luthor. sa-science.gif Climmy has a Kryptonite core, right? Also,pretty please don't do it Josh. Wii heart.gif flag-blue.gif

--------------------
Post #207378
Posted: 7th October 2016 20:11

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
I started to take a picture for this thread of something else entirely, then realized I hadn't updated anything in ages.

http://i.imgur.com/WnoC2BD.jpg

And then I took the pic I intended to.

http://i.imgur.com/1AnNvo6.jpg

--------------------

Post #211565
Posted: 9th January 2017 14:44

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
Quote (Galsic @ 26th May 2014 15:20)
Thanks to my recent acquisition, I now have three anime wall scrolls hanging in my room.

Now it's four.

--------------------
Post #211876
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: