CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
AmaCoN - CoN/Amazon Partnership

Posted: 19th August 2010 14:42

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Just a reminder, if you haven't gotten your textbooks for fall semester yet, check AmaCoN for them! CoN member Hanyou just managed to get one of his books for the semester for forty-eight cents, used. Granted, that's not gonna happen for everyone, but you could get all your books much cheaper than at the campus bookstore, even if you have to pay for expedited shipping!

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #187407
Posted: 19th August 2010 19:41

Group Icon
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
To add on to what R51 just said: If you're a student and have an email address ending in .edu, you can get a few extra benefits like FREE 2-day shipping. Well worth checking out.

This post has been edited by Hanyou on 19th August 2010 19:46

--------------------
"My impersonation of an ordinary person was flawless." - Neal

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
Post #187410
Posted: 17th November 2010 17:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
It's the holiday season! Well, technically, it's the holiday shopping season starting next Friday, at least here in the States. And, the holiday season is when AmaCoN makes almost 25% of its yearly money for the site, too. So, I'm just bumping this thread to remind you of a few things:
  • You can buy anything on AmaCoN. Not just Final Fantasy or Square Enix stuff!
  • Anyone can buy from AmaCoN! All they need is a link from CoN, so tell your friends and family, or even make an AmaCoN link to your own wishlist when people ask you what you want as gifts.
  • You can buy either from Amazon or third-party sellers.
  • You need to visit Amazon from an AmaCoN link of some sort (any link from CoN will do, they all work), and have an empty shopping cart when you get to Amazon to guarantee that CoN gets credit.
  • AmaCoN money pays for part of the roughly $1000 a year that it costs to run CoN's server, and, of course, some of the contests we run too.
  • Like Hanyou said, students with .edu email addresses on their account can get free 2-day shipping, with some restrictions.

Amazon is doing some big sales before, during, and after the Black Friday and Cyber Monday apocalypse, too. Check them out: http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=38408...avesofnarshe-20

If you have any questions or aren't sure if you're doing it right, don't hesitate to ask me. It obviously helps me a lot to have people use AmaCoN, so I'm happy to drop what I'm doing to help!

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 17th November 2010 19:19

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #189593
Posted: 23rd November 2010 13:22

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Amazon's Black Friday week sales are pretty epic. I just noticed that you can get the first six Harry Potter films on Blu-ray for $40 or DVD for $24 total today - that's pretty impressive, and even with the utter lack of money I have right now I might have to pull the trigger.

Harry Potter 1-6, Blu-ray or DVD

--------------------

Post #189803
Posted: 29th August 2011 01:30

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Never done this AmaCoN thing before, but I want to use it.

Can I credit CoN when redeeming Amazon gift certificates?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #197138
Posted: 29th August 2011 01:47

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Yes, any form of payment works just fine. The only rule remains the same: have nothing in your cart before you start, and always start from CoN or a CoN link when you start looking.

--------------------

Post #197139
Posted: 29th August 2011 01:48

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Okay, will do! Thanks!

Is there some way to visually confirm that I'm using AmaCoN while I'm shopping on Amazon, or is it just a hidden cookie thing or something?

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 29th August 2011 01:48

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #197140
Posted: 29th August 2011 02:18

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 28th August 2011 20:48)
Okay, will do! Thanks!

Is there some way to visually confirm that I'm using AmaCoN while I'm shopping on Amazon, or is it just a hidden cookie thing or something?

If you're getting a link from CoN, it will contain "cavesofnarshe" somewhere in the URL (unless you're using a link from amzn.to - if that's the case, it should still work as long as you got it from a real CoN source, like a newspost).

Other than that, there's no way to track it other than asking me a day or two after your order to confirm. Frankly, Amazon doesn't WANT to make it easy, because they get more money if they're not paying us, so that's why the answer isn't exactly satisfactory or easy to use.

I know the semester has started for a lot of people, by the way, but everyone out there should remember that AmaCoN is a great place to find textbooks for this and every semester. Usually they're a lot cheaper than your University bookstore, too, which I know from experience, and they have used books the same way as your Uni store does. All you need is the book title and edition, or, even better, the ISBN.

--------------------

Post #197142
Posted: 29th August 2011 03:24

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
The link from CoN shows "cavesofnarshe" in the URL, but it redirects me to amazon.com itself. I suspect this may mean it's stored in a cookie somewhere...

Edit: Just placed my order, for like $33 before a gift certificate. I hope it went through for CoN!

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 29th August 2011 04:11

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #197143
Posted: 29th August 2011 14:39

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 28th August 2011 22:24)
The link from CoN shows "cavesofnarshe" in the URL, but it redirects me to amazon.com itself. I suspect this may mean it's stored in a cookie somewhere...

Edit: Just placed my order, for like $33 before a gift certificate. I hope it went through for CoN!

I think it's more of a session variable than a cookie, but yeah, you're not too wide of the mark. And yes, your order did get credited to CoN's account, thank you.

--------------------

Post #197149
Posted: 29th August 2011 18:30

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I did have a little bit of trouble since I was afraid of using the back button or starting a new amazon.com tab, but I had to tweak the stuff I was buying a few times (getting a newer edition once, sending to a different address another time), so I was a bit worried.

Good to hear it went through. smile.gif

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #197152
Posted: 30th August 2011 02:44

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Yeah, Amazon isn't trying to make this easy for us, heh.

As Josh of course already knows, I AmaCoN'd a fair chunk of my textbooks this fall. Cause hey, if I've gonna drop a couple hundred $, I might as well do it in a way that's gonna put money into CoN's pocket tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #197154
Posted: 18th November 2011 17:50

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Just like everyone else, AmaCoN has a lot of deals coming up over the next couple weeks, and they're not just limited to Black Friday. They released today their American Black Friday Week deals for Music and DVD/Bluray, with more to come, I'm sure. When I see the gaming version, I'll make sure to get it into the Great Gaming Deals thread too.

http://amzn.to/sqDaZ0
http://amzn.to/sTwcwj

--------------------

Post #198180
Posted: 16th November 2012 13:21

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
The holiday shopping season is about to kick off. We haven't had a good month for AmaCoN so far this month, but with all the holiday gifts you no doubt have to buy for other folks (or other folks will be buying for you, because you totally deserve them), don't forget to use AmaCoN. It's one of the few things that pay the bills around here, so why not keep us in mind while you're buying the stuff you'll buy anyway?

http://narshe.me/amacon-us
http://narshe.me/amacon-uk
http://narshe.me/amacon-ca

--------------------

Post #201547
Posted: 8th December 2012 01:55

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Can I use AmaCoN to buy stuff that's not sold by Amazon but by some third party via Amazon?

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #201704
Posted: 8th December 2012 22:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 7th December 2012 20:55)
Can I use AmaCoN to buy stuff that's not sold by Amazon but by some third party via Amazon?

You've asked that before, I'm almost sure. smile.gif

Answer, meanwhile, is yep!

--------------------

Post #201707
Posted: 31st March 2016 16:47

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
There might be some issues with AmaCoN currently, so if you are a user of this option - and please use this option since it pays for the bills that otherwise come out of my pocket - please let me know the next time you make an AmaCoN purchase so I can verify that it is working correctly. Thanks!

--------------------

Post #210710
Posted: 31st March 2016 18:59

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Second place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Member of more than five years. Second place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
I try to ensure my semi-regular Amazon purchases are all AmaCoN. Most recent purchase will have registered within the last 10 days. Has it shown up on your records?

--------------------
We apologise for the inconvenience
Post #210712
Posted: 31st March 2016 19:33

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
As of Saturday at 8 am, I am the Subway up the block's newest sandwich artist, so when I get paid, I'll get a replacement GPU (I fried one yesterday) at AmaCoN. I wasn't aware that I could buy whatever I wanted through you guys, I thought it was just for CoN merch or something.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #210714
Posted: 31st March 2016 19:50

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Stiltzkin @ 31st March 2016 12:59)
I try to ensure my semi-regular Amazon purchases are all AmaCoN. Most recent purchase will have registered within the last 10 days. Has it shown up on your records?

I do see a few things in my UK dashboard. For what it's worth, I'm mostly worried about American purchases and purchases made after March 25 or so - but I'm thrilled that you have kept the fires burning for the UK store. smile.gif

--------------------

Post #210715
Posted: 10th April 2016 00:14

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I just now placed an order for about $35. Let me know if it shows right.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #210766
Posted: 11th April 2016 21:05

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Looks like it did, GMH. I had to wait for the weekend to end to see the processing go through, but looks like you had a three item order, of which two have shipped as of earlier today. Thanks!

--------------------

Post #210769
Posted: 8th July 2016 15:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Prime Day is next Tuesday. While it was pretty lousy last year, I have to assume that they've learned from their mistakes and will be doing more interesting stuff this year. I've already bought one thing from their Countdown to Prime week, so here's hoping. As a reminder, here's how you can start your AmaCoN purchases and help us pay for server costs:

http://narshe.me/amacon-us
http://narshe.me/amacon-uk
http://narshe.me/amacon-ca

--------------------

Post #211024
Posted: 11th July 2016 19:05

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
What's Prime Day?

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211034
Posted: 11th July 2016 20:09

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 11th July 2016 13:05)
What's Prime Day?

It's pretty much a Black Friday for Amazon Prime members. Like I say, last year it was not great, so maybe they'll do better this time.

--------------------

Post #211035
Posted: 5th August 2016 16:02

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Does AmaCoN work with Smile.Amazon.com or will the money only go to one place?

For what it's worth, I just made an order on Smile.Amazon.com.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 5th August 2016 16:12

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211158
Posted: 8th August 2016 00:05

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 5th August 2016 10:02)
Does AmaCoN work with Smile.Amazon.com or will the money only go to one place?

For what it's worth, I just made an order on Smile.Amazon.com.

I'm not really sure if it works with Smile. I do see an order that came through around the time you posted this, but not sure if it was yours or not. Looks like it might have been a book or e-book, just one item in the order?

--------------------

Post #211173
Posted: 15th August 2016 05:10

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Yes; should be a book for $0.65 and shipping for $3.99.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211202
Posted: 15th August 2016 14:19

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Yup, that went through, then. Thanks! (Shipping is never mentioned in our stuff, as it's not part of the flow.)

--------------------

Post #211208
Posted: 22nd February 2017 22:07

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Glad to see that AmaCoN has a Canadian division -- or in other words, it works with Amazon.ca. I think it does. It's on the AmaCoN page and I just made a purchase.

There is apparently no Amazon Smile for Amazon.ca (which seems to be fully unlinked from the main Amazon site, the same way you can't get Amazon.jp stuff on main Amazon), but oh well.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #212301
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: