CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Worst FF Villain

Posted: 30th October 2002 22:52

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
*Spoiler*  For those who haven't played FF8, this does contain spoilers.

The worst villain for me was Ultimecia.  Not only does she not appear enough (giving her very little influence on the storyline), but the battle against her is pointless.  This is why.  When you fight her last form, Ultimecia starts babbling when she's about to die.  what I hate is that, when she says the word "And..." you could give her 1 point of damage and she'd still die.  She has no specific amount of HP.  You just have to wait till she says "And...", and you know you next attack will kill her.

--------------------
"The Master of Past, Present, and Future has returned."
Post #4295
Posted: 31st October 2002 00:49

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
FF10 Spoiler
SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:

Yu 'fugging Yevon! I WANTED A HARD FIGHT FOR THE FRIGGING END. Not a "you can't lose no matter what even if I kill all your people twice" match. It was worthless.
Post #4305
Posted: 31st October 2002 03:47

Dragoon

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2016. Third place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. 
Third place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2004. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. 
See More (Total 10)
I'd have to agree and say Ultimecia.

--------------------
The clouds ran away, opened up the sky
And one by one I watched every constellation die
And there I was frozen, standing in my backyard
Face to face, eye to eye, staring at the last star
I should've known, walked all the way home
To find that she wasn't here, I'm still all alone

-Atmosphere "Always Coming Back Home to You"
Post #4310
Posted: 31st October 2002 12:17

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Of the games I've played through, Ultimecia, Ze[ro]mus or Necron are all equally rubbish for the reasons stated previously.  Hey, I'm all in favour of surprise final bosses, but I like ones that actually had SOME significant part in the game other than being the final boss.

I also think Jenova should have been the final boss of FF7 rather than Sephiroth, but that's another story.
Post #4322
Posted: 31st October 2002 20:58

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
God, i hated Necron. If they even mentioned his name once in the game before you fought him, it would've been a little better. But he comes out of nowhere and says "Ok, i'm going to destroy the world"
His attacks were decent, but weren't all out horrible.... they could definitely be better though.

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #4335
Posted: 31st October 2002 21:33

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I thought ExDeath or "X-Death" was really stupid.  "Ahahaha, I have discovered the ULTIMATE POWER!  AND IT TURNS ME INTO A BIG TREE!"

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #4338
Posted: 1st November 2002 00:33

Black Mage

Awards:
I just want to add the I agree that Necron had no point being in FF9.

--------------------
"The Master of Past, Present, and Future has returned."
Post #4347
Posted: 4th November 2002 02:57
Engineer

Awards:
I really liked Ultimatia's motive, but I agree 100% that she should have been worked into the story.  

I hated necron. the last boss should have been something like the combined souls of Terra or something. that would have been cool.

--------------------
"Number One, I order you to go take a number two."
Post #4431
Posted: 5th November 2002 00:07
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
lol on neal's comment
i think his name is really stupid too, "hi im X-DEATH!!"
couldnt they think of anything better than that??

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #4468
Posted: 5th November 2002 04:50

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Necron gets my vote.  At least similar demonic, character-less bosses like Zeromus, ExDeath, and Ultimecia were seen or at least talked about prior to facing them.  But no.  Necron just pops out of nowhere and starts fighting.  No need for any actual characterization.  Just a nice little "surprise" boss slapped in for no good reason at all.  It should have ended with Kuja, in my opinion.

I will say that I found Neal's comment very, very funny.  But then I found it sort of sad, just because I realized it was true.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #4483
Posted: 7th November 2002 20:21

Black Mage

Awards:
I just want to point out that in FFIV It was actually ZEMUS that is mentioned thruout the game Zeromus just arises from Zemus's corpse with little, if any, more introduction than Necron. I'm probably the only one who thinks this way...

I haven't gotten past Death Guise yet, so I don't know about this, but who was harder: Necron or Cuja? Maby Necron was just meant as a closer after the REAL final boss, like Yu Yevon, or Sephiroth's third form, when it's just him and cloud.
I can't say the same for Zeromus, as you never actually FIGHT Zemus, and he was defeated so easily by Golbez and FuSoYa.

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #4611
Posted: 7th November 2002 21:47

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
But it's reasonable to fight Zeromous, because you didn't have to fight a boss before that, you would have complained more if FuSoYa and Golbez beat the last boss for you, and you know it!
Post #4615
Posted: 9th November 2002 01:15

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Zeromus, I think, was a physical manifestation of Zemus's hatred of mankind.  Though his mortal form was destroyed, the pure entity of his hatred transcended his frail body, and attacks your party.  At least, that's how I figured it.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #4678
Posted: 9th November 2002 05:32

Black Waltz

Awards:
I have to agree with Zeromus, even though I love FF4. He was not in it enough and he was pretty weak compared to some of the other bosses in FF4. When I beat him the first time I was like, "psph, that's it?!"

--------------------
War is for the participants a test of character; it makes bad men worse and good men better. - Joshua Chamberlain

U sir R a n00b >:-( - Cactuar
Post #4693
Posted: 26th November 2002 16:53
Returner

The worse villan is Sephiroth and i dont care what anyone says. He's my #1
Post #5386
Posted: 3rd December 2002 00:02

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Divine Dragon @ 7 Nov. 2002, 14:21)
I haven't gotten past Death Guise yet, so I don't know about this, but who was harder: Necron or Cuja? Maby Necron was just meant as a closer after the REAL final boss, like Yu Yevon, or Sephiroth's third form, when it's just him and cloud.

No, Sephy's third form and Yu Yevon are fixed fights. Necron is really hard. I'm glad they added a fight after Kuja, because he was a little too easy to be the final boss, but they should have had him have another form, or made him harder, because Necron is just stupid. And probably the hardest final boss since Zeromus, in my opinion.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #5561
Posted: 3rd December 2002 00:42

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Quote (dragonssjvegeta @ 26 Nov. 2002, 10:53)
The worse villan is Sephiroth and i dont care what anyone says. He's my #1

He's right and I have a number of reasons. Sephiroth was my favourite character in Final Fantasy 7 don't get me wrong. Sephiroth had brilliant character development. And he was an excellent fighter. Early on Sephiroth awe's you. But as far a main villian goes Sephiroth failed miserably. Why well everyone likes Sephiroth too much in order for him to get that villian feel. People were more oh I want to play as Sephiroth not fight him. I had that same urge. I never wanted to kill Sephiroth I wanted to kill Kefka and Zeromus. As far as a fight goes Sephiroth was a challenging fight except for cough mime cough Knights of the Round cough. Also Sephiroth was the first last Villian to use instant death attacks. I give him his credit fighting wise but storyline wise he was a bad villian the only really bad thing he did was kill Aeris, Zemus mapiulated millions Kefka killed millions in new and original ways. I thought he did us a favour when he sliced Jenova's head off. And when you impale your nemesis and he throws you off a bridge the Bad Ass villian gimmick is just not there.

Now fighting wise worst villian of all time Zeromus. A few shurikens here and there Jump attacks some flares and constant cure 4's. It's only a matter of time before this massive hunk of bones falls apart.
Post #5565
Posted: 3rd December 2002 04:34

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (Sabin @ 31 Oct. 2002, 14:58)
God, i hated Necron. If they even mentioned his name once in the game before you fought him, it would've been a little better. But he comes out of nowhere and says "Ok, i'm going to destroy the world"
His attacks were decent, but weren't all out horrible.... they could definitely be better though.

Heh, same here, also same as for the last boss in FFIV (forgot his name -_- )

--------------------
I will be there...
Post #5570
Posted: 10th December 2002 19:49

Awards:
I just want to point out that in FFIV It was actually ZEMUS that is mentioned thruout the game Zeromus just arises from Zemus's corpse with little, if any, more introduction than Necron. I'm probably the only one who thinks this way...

zeromus was zemus's hatred and ill will, personified. technically, he WAS zemus, becuase all zemus had left was hatred. that was what kept him alive, and thats why he fell so easily. zeromus didnt simply come out of nowhere like necron.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #5771
Posted: 11th December 2002 19:24

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
In every game the evil dude has tried to destroy the world. Of the ones I've played the most evil is Kefka because he kills poisons Cyans castle and destroys most of the world with the Light of Judgement.

--------------------
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
Post #5800
???
Posted: 13th December 2002 01:17
Unregistered

SEPHIROTH IS THE WORST OF ALL TIMES!!!!!!!!!!! J/K UMM AAAAAAAAA OO LEMME  THINK!!!!!. HMMM UMM ID SAY KEFKA SINCE I REALLY HAVENT PLAYED THAT MUCH FF GAMES!!!!
Post #5829
Posted: 20th December 2002 03:09

Awards:
....necron was crap. where the hell did he come from anyway???
kuja was fairly stupid and quite effeminate, but at least he was actually EVIL. and he was consistent through the game.

however, my least favorite, as much as people will protest, is kefka. he was just so GAY. i mean FF6 is my favorite game of all time, and kefka doesnt sour my opinion at all, but it was like fighting liberace. dont get me wrong though, kefka was still a bad dude, what with poisoning doma and takingover the world and all. but yeah kefka was damn gay.

Moderator Edit
I don't recall Kefka's sexual preference ever being mentioned in the game.  I sincerely hope you don't mean "gay" as a general offensive term, because that might lead to being banned.  Choose your words carefully.

--------------------
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun, a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath

Your time will come...
Post #6059
Posted: 12th January 2003 11:54
Onion Knight

Awards:
I never actully finished FF9 because I Thought the game was that crappy.  I hated the battle systems and all and Kuja was just a rip off of Sephy and Kefka.  However even though Kuja sucks I think Sephy is the worst villian.  The reasons for being have allready been stated rather well.  

The best villian in my mind is hands down no doubt Kefka.  This is a guy you just have to hate and in an odd way love.  And untill now I have never heard anyone calling Keka the worst villian.  As for him being gay well I don't think he was gay.  Touched is the word.  He was insane.  He wasn't as evil as a lot of the other villians, just insane and I think thats what made him act like he did.

--------------------
We all have our own hells and fires we must pass through, but when you have passed through them, you must ask yourself.  Was I consumed by the flame? Or was I tempered by it?

Quitsis - "Whip, Chaingun, don't bug me I'm killing"
Post #6909
Posted: 22nd January 2003 00:12

Engineer

Awards:
Probably Necron...what the hell was with that?  I mean Kuja was a perfect final boss  (he'd have like 100 HP when I have to revive EVERYONE [except the survivor]  then with one attack with Stiener bam, dead)...then for no reason at all some evil dude (necron) appears and takes all the credit for puppeterring Kuja or something?  Who is the dastard to take the mantle of final-bossdom from Kuja?  like that makes ANY sense...best FF ending ever though...

--------------------
Really Random Quote of the Day: "Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war." - Richard M. Nixon

So if you're done reading this, you know I have nothing to say and you've wasted your time. Thank you come again.
Post #7312
Posted: 21st October 2003 02:45

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN European Cup, 2008. Winner of the 2007 Name that Tune contest. 
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I choose the Emperor from FF2...just because the game was overall horrible and he was apart of its "horribleness" (at least as far as FF games go).

I disagree with these votes cast for Necron. Sure, I think Kuja should've been the final boss (much more powerful though as he was pretty easy) but I've heard theories regarding why Necron was in FF9...I can't really recite them but I've read about how Garland was supposed to be the Devil and Necron was God or some such stuff...but really I'm sure there's a logical explanation behind it Square just did a really horrible job of shedding any light on it. ( well I guess they didn't shed any light at all...he was just there. But the "Hill of Despair" was really cool, which is the place you are right before you fight Necron)

And c'mon..at least Necron was pretty difficult with Grand Cross and all!

--------------------
SPEKKIO: "GRRR...That was most embarrassing!"
Post #19527
Posted: 21st October 2003 19:53

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. 
Necron was rather unexplained, but I think the idea is that the universe has just been destroyed by Kuja's Ultima and that the characters are dead. Ergo, to restore the world, they have to prove themselves. Seeing as Necron's speech makes him out to be the god of the underworld, he does fit as the boss. Plus, he's a good challenge.

My least favorite was Chaos. Not only is he a complete wuss, his "time travel" explanation makes no sense. So, he's Garland, who says "I came from 1000 years in the future" where he's DEAD! Not only that, he plans to go pack even further into the past...in which case there will be an even more powerful version of him lurking about, judging by the former example. But of course, once you kill him, there is no super-Chaos. Paradox, pure paradox. Did I mention he is a complete wuss?

--------------------
My soul is bound to the Mistress of the Afterlife, and my fealty is to her always. So let's just hope she doesn't use it as one of her ten daily meals.
Post #19548
Posted: 21st October 2003 19:59

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
I think Sephiroth was the worst villain. He didn't really classify as a villain, since he didn't directly have anything to do with the actual story, just the backstory.
Quote (The Celestial @ 21st October 2003 15:53)
My least favorite was Chaos.  Not only is he a complete wuss, his "time travel" explanation makes no sense.  So, he's Garland, who says "I came from 1000 years in the future" where he's DEAD!  Not only that, he plans to go pack even further into the past...in which case there will be an even more powerful version of him lurking about, judging by the former example.  But of course, once you kill him, there is no super-Chaos.  Paradox, pure paradox.  Did I mention he is a complete wuss?

It was Garland going back in time. Chaos was his super form. Every time you pushed Garland back, it was you battling and killing him again. They just didn't have you fight him again, since you easily killed him. And I don't think they expected everyone to get to Lv 50 before facing him.

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #19550
Posted: 21st October 2003 20:29

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
I think Sephiroth was the worst villain. He didn't really classify as a villain, since he didn't directly have anything to do with the actual story, just the backstory.

Just a part of the backstory? Well, except for:

Possible spoilers: highlight to view

Killing most of Shinra HQ looking for the Promised land and his mother.
Killing Aeris.
Trying to absorb the world.
Actively making Cloud do his bidding from time to time.
Seeking the black materia.
Killing your party when you try to stop him.

Just because he isn't pure evil all the time doesn't mean he's not a villain. That's like saying Cloud isn't a hero just because he's a jerk at the start.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #19556
Posted: 21st October 2003 20:37

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2005 100k post contest. 
Quote (Elena99 @ 21st October 2003 16:29)
Just a part of the backstory? Well, except for:

Killing most of Shinra HQ looking for the Promised land and his mother.
Killing Aeris.
Trying to absorb the world.
Actively making Cloud do his bidding from time to time.
Seeking the black materia.
Killing your party when you try to stop him.

That wasn't really Sephiroth

--------------------
"I had to write four novels before they let me write comic books."
-Brad Meltzer
Post #19560
Posted: 21st October 2003 23:34

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I hated ultimecia so easy to defeat and patheticaly undevelopped a a character. I think she is soooooooooooooo stupid...

Don't beat up on Sephy though he is an easy boss to beat but one of the BEST characters in al FF's he is awsome.
Post #19574
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: