CoN 20th Anniversary: 1997-2017
What games are you playing at the moment?

Posted: 9th September 2020 02:54

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I'm in the beginning of chapter 4 of Final Fantasy VII Remake, which I borrowed from the library as I didn't want to spend my precious money on a remake of a game I didn't particularly care for, but was still curious to see if the remake would win me over.

First, I've got to say that I don't hate the original Final Fantasy VII, but I found the story very confusing and didn't understand what all the hype was about. So I hoped the remake would be better, given that they have more room to flesh out the story.

So far, I think the remake is living up to that potential. I haven't been confused by anything (yet), and greatly appreciated the bonus backstory for Jessie, who I have become quite smitten with.

I did have an issue with the difficulty of the "normal" battle system. I strongly feel that first bosses should not be insanely hard. Well, I ran out of healing items before I even got the boss halfway. I'm sure plenty of folks enjoyed the challenge and there's probably some reading this saying "git gud" but since I play RPGs for the story, I started over the next day on Classic, and don't regret it (though it's almost *too* easy).

I tried playing the original when Remake came out, but bounced off it when I hit Wall Market. We'll see if I stick with the remake but so far I don't see why I wouldn't.
Post #216279
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: