CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
remake FFIV DS

Posted: 22nd October 2009 13:08

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
I have to say,the voice acting of kain is good and so is cecil's voice.

I didn't like the remix of the old ffIV music,its quality doesn't sound as good as the original and the graphics for cecil as a dark knight look kinda weird.

Why does the dark armor have pink stripes? it would look more badass if he looked like one of those dark age knights with full black armor,excalibur style.

Kain's armor looks nice actually,at least there are no pink stripes.

One thing i didn't like was how the 3d made his graphic look less mature.

Somehow the purple stripes with blond in his hair added a bit of a touch to him.

The auto fight is a nice touch to it.

I just wish they didn't me with the music and made cecil's paladin armor look more badass.

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 22nd October 2009 13:09

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #181977
Posted: 22nd October 2009 14:27

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
The cutscenes were well done, weren't they? I'm starting to want to play it again... happy.gif

I thought the music sounded very good, especially through headphones, even though I'm not totally thrilled with the Celtic arrangements here and there.

I think there are good reasons why the character models look the way they do. The developers didn't change the feel of game's visuals very much. Everything in the game is layed out about the same as ever, including the cutesy characters with oversized heads.

Also the developers may have been worried about making Dark Knight Cecil stand out against backgrounds, and giving him bright-colored highlights would help with that. Using bold colors and patterns is a good way to inject Amano-ness into the designs, I think.

--------------------
"Cavefish is delicious, but only if cooked."
Post #181978
Posted: 23rd October 2009 01:51

Black Mage

Awards:
I personally liked the music.

Pink stripes?, I don't remember those * goes check * ohh, I see, they appear more magenta to me, but I guess they didn't bother me if I didn't remember them.

The graphics are very good (for the DS), they match the game just fine. How can they make it look less mature? I don't get it.

What I liked the most about FFIVDS? Thought bubbles, now I want them in every remake.

--------------------
"Love, and do what you will" Saint Augustine
Post #181987
Posted: 26th October 2009 06:50

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Sandyboots @ 23rd October 2009 01:51)
I personally liked the music.

Pink stripes?, I don't remember those * goes check * ohh, I see, they appear more magenta to me, but I guess they didn't bother me if I didn't remember them.

The graphics are very good (for the DS), they match the game just fine. How can they make it look less mature? I don't get it.

What I liked the most about FFIVDS? Thought bubbles, now I want them in every remake.

the pink stripes make cecil look fruty.

No offense but it really does.

Also there is something they can do to at least make the armor look cooler.

It's 3d graphics engine of a nintendo 64,how bad could it be that they use lighter shade of the colour?

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #182032
Posted: 1st November 2009 01:45

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 26th October 2009 06:50)

Are we talking of the same Cecil that wears purple lipstick and has long, wavy and shinny hair adorned with beads? I would worry about the pink stripes the least.

It's 3d graphics engine of a nintendo 64,how bad could it be that they use lighter shade of the colour?

I don't think the graphic engine is the problem. It is more of an aesthetic reason, like Shiva said, to make him stand out more.

--------------------
"Love, and do what you will" Saint Augustine
Post #182155
Posted: 19th November 2009 20:15

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Sandyboots @ 1st November 2009 01:45)
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 26th October 2009 06:50)

Are we talking of the same Cecil that wears purple lipstick and has long, wavy and shinny hair adorned with beads? I would worry about the pink stripes the least.

I don't think the graphic engine is the problem. It is more of an aesthetic reason, like Shiva said, to make him stand out more.

Yes

The exact same

I would have liked cecil to look more manly and maybe his dark armor to be really cool like golbez did in ds version,cept platemail graphics

And really cool paladin graphics long hair really cool gold armor and helmet,a cool cape perhaps? a really awesom 2 handed sword.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #182422
Posted: 25th November 2009 04:14

Returner

i'm very happy that they added GOLBEZ'S FACE NEARING THE END~! biggrin.gif

and past sequence behind some of the characters. ^.^

and as for voices, i like edge's voice personally. smile.gif
Post #182498
Posted: 18th July 2010 20:08

Returner

well i thought the remake was done very well probaly cause this is the only version of the game but i still thought it was done good.

in cecil's armor the pink makes the purple more mysterious and evil and the graphics were very good considering it was on ds and compared with the remake of final fantasy 3 the graphics for people are very impresive.

i like the voice overs for people such as cid and tellah because i think it adds character to them. happy.gif
Post #186734
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: