CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Overdue Post Your Photos Thread

Posted: 25th October 2005 02:13

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Not everyone has a massive DSLR camera like, say, Kairo and I do. Please don't get one. smile.gif

But, with the fact that digital cameras are becoming more and more affordable, it's pretty reasonable to think that there are a lot of you out there who have your own or have access to a digital camera. So this thread is meant to share some of those photos. You don't have to be an artist - just show something you're proud of.

I'll start with just one to start it off. Feel free to comment on any of my stuff.

Full size at http://www.deviantart.com/view/23930157/

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #100776
Posted: 25th October 2005 03:22

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
user posted image

well i think this says photos of yourself or photos that youve taken

so the one that i gave was both

although i did cut out the rest of the people in the photo

i set up the camera for the shot

Edit
ranger51 is a male though so it has to be photos that youve taken

This post has been edited by Cloud_Strife510 on 25th October 2005 03:25

--------------------
"Have you ever seen a baby do that before?"
Post #100781
Posted: 25th October 2005 04:46

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
user posted image

Fenris rocks your world.

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #100792
Posted: 25th October 2005 05:38

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Behold, the power of CHEESE!

user posted image

(Taken April 2003, El Paso, TX)

And of course, who wouldn't want to see a photo of some of my favourite subjects!

Basking Turtles

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #100801
Posted: 25th October 2005 05:44

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Here's a picture of a snowy street in Halifax, from a room that I rented for a year on the third floor. It's not a great photo, but I've always liked it for some reason.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #100802
Posted: 25th October 2005 13:43

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Cloud_Strife510 @ 24th October 2005 23:22)
Edit
ranger51 is a male though so it has to be photos that youve taken

Yes, it has to be photos that you've taken. It's no fun to post photos that other people took. smile.gif Also, get a haircut, yo.

Silverlance: I like how he's posing for you. Does he always look at you or did you have to try that several times to get it right?

Kame: Cheese is awesome. And are those your turtles or general turtles?

Elena: That's actually really pretty! I really like the fact that you're taking the photo from up so high. I like snow scenes. biggrin.gif

OK, since I posted again, here's another photo from the same night as my first one. Full view at http://www.deviantart.com/view/23913319/

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #100815
Posted: 25th October 2005 16:56

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
"Drink Mountain Dew
And you'll discover
What's inside quenches
Like no other
A blended drink
Made just for you
So smooth and
Goes down easy too
(Neato!)"

user posted image

Taken on two separate occasions (obviously).

user posted image

user posted image

Here's an imposter. He's not fooling anyone...

user posted image

I guess I'll take it slow like everyone else. Another post to come.

This post has been edited by Sabin on 25th October 2005 19:53

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #100826
Posted: 25th October 2005 16:59
Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
This isn't my forte, particularly, but I was quite pleased with this when I took it because they needed to teach us 'basic image editing techniques' in Media class. I don't particularly like the way I took it, it's lopsided and there's too much of the rock I was standing on, but I like the colours and especially the sky.

user posted image

As a side-note, that's about ten/fifteen minutes from my house and is the area responsible for more sunken ferries than the rest of the island combined.

Edit
In other news, I'll hopefully have a camera of my very own before the week is out, so I'll stick photos of the Halloween party here.

This post has been edited by Mimic on 25th October 2005 17:01
Post #100827
Posted: 25th October 2005 17:26

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
user posted image

I took this picture in Nebraska when we were about to head into a huge storm. It ended up sidelining us at a truck stop for the night, since if we had kept going west on I-80, we pretty much would have headed straight into a tornado.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #100835
Posted: 25th October 2005 19:15
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Took these last year using a pissy disposable camera. They're from all around the county where I lived for the majority of my life. I hated it and was glad to get out...but then I moved to Oakland...and now I'm here in Stockton. GOD I MISS THAT BFE POS COUNTY!

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 25th October 2005 19:19

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #100852
Posted: 26th October 2005 16:45

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Josh: If those were my turtles, I don't think I'd have that sign that says no touchee turtles (and vice versa). I took that photo in Springfield, MO at the Bass Pro Shop in Jan 2005.

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #100946
Posted: 27th October 2005 15:52
Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
user posted image

Picture was taken with our Nikon D70 at the Chattanooga Aquarium in Tennessee in the butterfly exhibit.

--------------------
You tell me.
Post #101051
Posted: 28th October 2005 18:34

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2006. 
Earlier this year, I went to Washington D.C. with a bunch of college friends. I took two cameras with me. A Canon Digital Rebel XT, and a Kodak DX3500. Because of the insane size of some of these pictures, I've posted links only. Unfortunately, I don't have my best pictures (which are from my university days in Australia) with me right now. For now, these will have to do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ro/DCP_1114.jpg

This was one of my better pictures. In the foreground are the Cherry Blossoms that make this area incredible. The Jefferson Memorial is the building behind the blossoms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ro/IMG_1857.jpg

A shot of the capitol building with my Digital Rebel XT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang.../DCP_1147_2.jpg

My wife's family is all from Iowa, so I took this for them when I was at the World War II Memorial.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ro/DCP_1145.jpg

This picutre is of a tree just down the street from the White House. I was lying down and this is the angle I saw the tree at, which I thought was just plain cool. So I took a picture of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ro/IMG_1859.jpg

This is a group shot with the Digital Rebel XT. I'm the dude on the left with the orange shirt. biggrin.gif I played around with the filter on this one to make the sky a sharper blue.
Post #101168
Posted: 28th October 2005 18:56

Crusader

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2015. First place in CoNCAA, 2013. First place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2003. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Taken when I saw this band, Say Anything, in concert. I love the weird effect the lights caused.

user posted image

Taken last winter. The way the light bounces of the snowflakes is kinda cool, I think.

user posted image

Taken last summer on the lake near my dad's house in Connecticut.

user posted image

Taken at Six Flags last summer.

user posted image

--------------------
"When I turn the page
The corner bends into the perfect dog ear
As if the words knew I'd need them again
But at the time, I didn't see it."

~"This Ain't a Surfin' Movie" - Minus the Bear
Post #101170
Posted: 31st October 2005 15:35

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Ooh, nice, Kairo posted. Been wanting to see that XT at work.

I've been to DC for the cherry blossoms, and they really are gorgeous. They frame that shot so nicely, too. For the capitol one, is that with a kit lens, or did you have some sort of nice lens and filter setup for that shot? Because that sky is really wonderfully exposed. Same for the tree, that's just a great shot - a nice blend between silhouette and filtered light.

Iceman, you need to show the crocodile photo too. I like that one even better than the moth. biggrin.gif

And Bobbo takes photos like I take, lots of messing with light. I like that.

Here's another one from me. Fullview @ http://www.deviantart.com/view/20108302/

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------

Post #101475
Posted: 1st November 2005 18:35

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
a year and a half ago i went camping in the snow. may 20th, i believe. this happens every year, there was no surprise. i got up at 7 am before the snow started melting and took the following pictures. within four hours all the snow was gone and the place had turn to complete mud.

This post has been edited by Jenny on 1st November 2005 18:40

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
The first duty in life is to assume a pose,
and the second duty is...well, no one's found out yet.
Post #101565
Posted: 1st November 2005 18:36

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
here you can see our picnic table with tarp overhang to try and keep the table and firesite dry.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #101566
Posted: 1st November 2005 18:38

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Last one : a meadow down the road from the campsite. don't mind the dirty lense. there was a mountain in the distance, but the air wasn't clear enough to see it.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #101567
Posted: 1st November 2005 20:48

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2006. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 31st October 2005 10:35)
For the capitol one, is that with a kit lens, or did you have some sort of nice lens and filter setup for that shot? Because that sky is really wonderfully exposed.

Thanks Josh. Yeah, the kit lens is all I needed. I used a custom White Balance and had it set on Landscape Mode. Bing, bang, boom, and then I've got a crystal clear shot with a sky that has a sharp, exposed feel to it.
Post #101579
Posted: 1st November 2005 21:58

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I have an entire album of photos from my trip this past summer to China. This particular one is over West Lake in Hangzhou, with the Pagoda of Thunder and Wind in the background.

If y'all want to see more, I'll see if I can upload some more. If not, I'll just have to resort to multiple posts, but there's a ton of them.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #101588
Posted: 7th November 2005 23:34

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
A couple more photos. These are from my travels throughout the state of Missouri, as well as my semester abroad in Australia.

This first one is my favorite picture I took in Australia. It's got a layered detail in the sand showing the tide changes throughout the day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ByronBay005.jpg

This next picture is of a lighthouse just up the road from my previous picture. This is my wife's favorite picture from the set I took in Australia.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ByronBay007.jpg

This is a sunset shot from atop the hill by the lighthouse.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ByronBay009.jpg

Here are the Twelve Apostles Rock Formations. This is a sample of what I saw during my spring break with a few girls from my dorm. Great times.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...elbourne020.jpg

I've got tons more Australia pictures, so if anyone is curious and/or wants to see a kangaroo or something, let me know.

Switching to Missouri, here are some fun shots:

The beautiful church of Winston Churchill, in the middle of nowhere Missouri. Crazy huh?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...Fall2004055.jpg

The flower beds of Maryville, MO. I went to school at Northwest Missouri State University for my undergrad. This area is awesome in the spring.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...SUCampus012.jpg

Here is the administration building from the front. I got it tilted a bit, but I can thankfully fix that in Photoshop.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...SUCampus009.jpg

This is one of my bread winning pictures right here. I've won a couple local contests and am contemplating on selling it for print.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...Fall2004075.jpg

A picture of Loose Park in Kansas City. This is far and away the best park I've ever been to in the midwest USA. It had some tv exposure during the Chiefs-Raiders football game last Sunday if you watched it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...Fall2004071.jpg

Here's my version of the burning bush. This is in Loose Park. If you can't tell, I love using the sun in my pictures. It gives a really dynamic feel in some cases.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...Fall2004110.jpg

Last, but not least. This is a fun picture I took of the Arch. This is REALLY hard to get into the viewfinder up close, but I found a spot just about 10 feet away from a row of trees that managed to get it all in. Woo!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...iro/thearch.jpg

Post #102149
Posted: 24th November 2005 20:59

Dragoon

Awards:
user posted image
a nice flower growing right outside my window
I couldn't resist taking a photo

--------------------
Post #103608
Posted: 28th November 2005 15:54

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Very nice shot. What kind of camera did you use?

This post has been edited by Kairo on 28th November 2005 20:18
Post #103827
Posted: 29th November 2005 03:13

Dragoon

Awards:
I used a sony cybershot with 5.0 megapixels

thanks for the compliment thumbup.gif

--------------------
Post #103876
Posted: 4th December 2005 12:21

Black Waltz

Awards:
This a very recent and scary picture so after you wipe your barf off the screen read below.
user posted image

Well uhh yeah umm thats uhh umm.. It's what it looks like i guess three freaks having heart attacks, The freaks are (from left to right) Me, mosh and pervert. We freaked out and well yeah that about does it.

This post has been edited by No-Name on 4th December 2005 12:37

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #104353
Posted: 4th January 2006 11:00

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I'm no artist...as you can plainly see from the picture I'm about to post- But I thought the shot had a haunting quality.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Moo...de/DSC00121.jpg

I tried to mess with the lighting a bit, and find a shot that worked out well...but... eh. It's okay I guess. I was going for that "Desolation of a Buffalo Winter" sort of look.

You can see the grey tarp, AKA the Sky, we deal with 8 months of the year.

I'm no good at this stuff eh.gif

This post has been edited by MogMaster on 10th February 2006 22:40

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #106234
Posted: 5th January 2006 03:59

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
This was taken by me at the top of Mount Fairview in Lake Louise, Alberta. The backdrop is the extensive Victoria Glacier. This was in September of 2004.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Post #106292
Posted: 5th January 2006 12:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (MogMaster @ 4th January 2006 06:00)
I'm no artist...as you can plainly see from the picture I'm about to post- But I thought the shot had a haunting quality.

I tried to mess with the lighting a bit, and find a shot that worked out well...but... eh. It's okay I guess. I was going for that "Desolation of a Buffalo Winter" sort of look.

You can see the grey tarp, AKA the Sky, we deal with 8 months of the year.

I'm no good at this stuff eh.gif

By request, commentary. (Also, can you link to that shot when you have a chance? I didn't notice how big it was, tablebreaker smile.gif )

I think there's a lot more going for this photo than you think there is. If you look through the branches of the trees, you're going to see a significant amount of unique and dramatic backlighting. Anything you don't like about the shot you posted, I think you could remedy by, in theory, retaking that same shot from an angle that includes a lot more clouds, broken sunlight, and bare tree branches. It's the stuff on the horizon, the overly dark trees and ground, that distract from what's really good there, IMO. If you were wanting to illustrate that entire scene, your camera might help you level out the exposure - focus on an area that has equal areas of dark and light, and push your shutter button in halfway. That should set the exposure level on most cameras. Then, while holding the button in halfway, adjust yourself so that you see the whole scene, and then finish the shot.

--------------------

Post #106321
Posted: 10th February 2006 22:39

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I took one I really enjoyed today when I was out shoveling.

user posted image

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #107911
Posted: 15th March 2006 01:07

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Resurrection and comment for MG.

I think your camera's autofocus boned you there, sir. I love photographing ice, it does so many cool things to color and light. Icicles are a personal favorite, so I really like that. However, the focus on your photo seems to be near the lower left corner, leaving the subject blurry. Watch your focus indicator, it should show you where a shot is focused before you shoot. Some point and shoot cameras let you select what zone you want too, in a kind of manual-ish focus.

Here's a newer one of mine.

user posted image

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29757932/

--------------------

Post #110812
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: