CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
A Typical Fairytale - A Short Film

Posted: 12th June 2018 19:26

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. 
Hello everyone!
I know I've not been around as often, mostly because life as a parent and actor have filled my life. Recently, I've begun dabbling with producing as well, which brings me here to share this!

I've been working very hard on this: https://igg.me/at/ATypicalFairytaleFilm

We're fundraising to further bolster the budget of our short film, the first of my fiancee's under her production company and I am pretty excited for it.

I know you are all busy with your lives and E3 and such, but if supporting the arts is your thing, please have a look at our Indiegogo for our short film and share it around with other like-minded folk!

To give you a quick idea of the film if you don't follow the link:
It's about a young "typical" couple that fall in love and proceed to set in motion their fairytale romance: get married, buy a "castle" and have a child. However, over time, it becomes clear to them their child does not feel comfortable as they were born and struggles with identity. Sherry, Larry and the child, Sarah, have to figure out a way to navigate this, now, atypical fairytale.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #214938
Posted: 7th August 2018 19:27

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
If any of you took the time to check this out, thank you!

I didn't have much time to follow up as we went full-tilt into production and junk hit the fan! I had to learn a lot about set building in a VERY short amount of time.
In the end, the final product looks GREAT!

Here's are some stills from the film!

(They're apparently dynamic so I can post them as images...?)

A Typical Fairytale Images on Google Drive

It's due to our grant donors today and we have some more work to for our festival run!
Pretty excited to have this film mostly finished, as it's been an exhausting, if rewarding, process!

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Baldur's Gate

Greg
Post #215109
Posted: 11th August 2018 04:09

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Oh wow, this does look quite nice. biggrin.gif

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #215125
Posted: 13th August 2018 20:31

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I've never had time to watch the videos, but your guys' set design looks lovely. I hope you have great luck with it. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #215137
Posted: 7th September 2018 23:21

Awards:
Thanks R51 and GMH!

It went well, despite a lot of stress and heartache haha.

In the end, we've gotten a beautiful film that has been well received!

And it went live on YouTube yesterday!

If you have about 10 mins. to spare and want to see a swell little film, check out the link!

The film stars my fiancee and I make a brief cameo in the opening scene!

Let me know what you think! Cheers!

A Typical Fairytale

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Baldur's Gate

Greg
Post #215186
Posted: 8th September 2018 02:26

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Looks beautiful.

The rhymed script is just quite pleasant to listen to.

Possible spoilers: highlight to view
I was actually curious whether that was a pseudonym but apparently the prince/princess actor really does have a pun in their name, haha.)

I'm guessing your fiancee is the mysterious woman?

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 8th September 2018 02:26

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #215188
Posted: 9th September 2018 20:32

Awards:
Haha No, my fiancee is Sherry, the "queen"! She starred in, directed and was the executive producer on this biggrin.gif

I am in the beginning of it, one of the two princes making out. White guy on the right. I think Annette put that in for her own devious pleasures (but also to challenge me as an actor since it was my first male kiss, well, ever.)

A lot of love and work has gone into it from us two. Producing has always intimidated me as an actor, and I definitely had to dive in with both feet on this. I never expected to learn so much about set construction haha.

What pun...?

This post has been edited by Perigryn on 9th September 2018 20:33

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Baldur's Gate

Greg
Post #215190
Posted: 10th September 2018 03:38

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I noticed the dollhouse-like design of the set, which actually made it sort of charming, despite its being noticeable.

Also, whoops, I guessed wrong. Maybe it was because I thought you said you were cameoing so didn't think your fiancee had a big role either...

Anyway this is beautiful and I'm gonna share it with some friends.

the pun is Ameko Eks Mass Carroll

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 10th September 2018 04:00

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #215191
Posted: 12th September 2018 14:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
I just had time to check it out finally, and it turned out great! The set design and lighting really was all it appeared from the still images, and the story was adorable. I think the rhyming script was a good choice, too, though I think it might have gotten a little awkward in spots. All in all, you guys should definitely be very proud!

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #215196
Posted: 28th September 2018 21:21

Awards:
Oh geez. I just got that pun in their name!

And thanks, both!

Yeah, some of the rhyming was a bit awkward, but there was only so much budging on it the writer would allow. Still, a good story, for sure!

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Baldur's Gate

Greg
Post #215233
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: