CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Stand Guard - Video

Posted: 5th October 2017 16:11

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Final Fantasy VI - Stand Guard - Part I

There is no talking. There is no chat. There is nothing. Nothing but Final Fantasy VI Stand Guard.

This covers up from the beginning to the end of the 3 parties' scenarios, and right before the Battle of Narshe I stop.

I'm having to download it in order to keep it for more than 14 days, and it's a big file, so I'll be back at it before too long.

Here's something to give you an idea of 'what I did to it.'

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #213480
Posted: 5th October 2017 19:24

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I was able to tune in to the stream for a bit today but will have to catch you sometime outside of work!

Thought this was just the NES version at first based on some differences between what I was seeing compared to my playthrough on Steam recently such as "Eidolons" instead of "Espers" (I have yet to play FF4), but your post had me me curious on what "stand guard" meant so I did some googling and found some of your discussion on it - very interesting idea will have to check it out when you are complete with your run through!

Post #213481
Posted: 5th October 2017 20:22

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (ShaneT12 @ 5th October 2017 14:24)
I was able to tune in to the stream for a bit today but will have to catch you sometime outside of work!

Thought this was just the NES version at first based on some differences between what I was seeing compared to my playthrough on Steam recently such as "Eidolons" instead of "Espers" (I have yet to play FF4), but your post had me me curious on what "stand guard" meant so I did some googling and found some of your discussion on it - very interesting idea will have to check it out when you are complete with your run through!

Uno - The game in question appeared on the SNES, duder.

Dos - The roman numeral 'VI' denotes the arabic numeral '6.'

Trais - It's all good, no worries. I'm saving the vids on twitch for now, and downloading them after I'm finished recording each time, for later upload to YouTube, which will let me keep them up permanently. I hope.

Reminds me, the 2nd episode is up.

Edit: Cuatro - I modified Final Fantasy III SNES version 1.0...yes, they renamed 6 to 3...it's a long story.

This post has been edited by Spooniest on 5th October 2017 20:25

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #213482
Posted: 5th October 2017 20:31

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Quote (Spooniest @ 5th October 2017 14:22)
[QUOTE=
I was seeing compared to my playthrough on Steam recently such as "Eidolons" instead of "Espers" (I have yet to play FF4)[/QUOTE]

Uno - The game in question appeared on the SNES, duder.

Dos - The roman numeral 'VI' denotes the arabic numeral '6.'

Understood on the VI = 6 and IV = 4!

I was referring to the "Eidolon" naming of the Espers - as I was not familiar with Eidolon as I have not played FFIV yet! Discovered that they were named that on FFIV after a little google research!

I will start watching here and there to see the other differences!!

Impressive work though I must say!
Post #213483
Posted: 5th October 2017 20:34

Black Waltz

Awards:
Understood on the VI = 6 and IV = 4!

I was referring to the "Eidolon" naming of the Espers - as I was not familiar with Eidolon as I have not played FFIV yet! Discovered that they were named that on FFIV after a little google research!

I will start watching here and there to see the other differences!!

Impressive work though I must say!

Thanks biggrin.gif

Actually, FF9 was the first game in the series to use Eidolon, but the remake of FF4 for DS (which later got ported to mobile devices and Steam) picked up on it too, so that technically is the earliest game in the series to do it, though the original US release of FF4 (aka Final Fantasy II) called them "Summoned Monsters."

Fun FF Facts

I used the word "Eidolon" because I like it better than "Phantom Beasts," "Summoned Monsters," or "Espers," and that should kind of tell you how I went into making this.

This post has been edited by Spooniest on 5th October 2017 20:40

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #213484
Posted: 5th October 2017 21:39

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Yeah I can agree to "Eidolon" over "Summoned Beast". The latter seems really human-centric in its naming.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #213486
Posted: 5th October 2017 23:21

Black Waltz

Awards:
Episode 3 is up, too.

I'm gonna take a minute and fix a couple things about it. smile.gif Heheh. I'm noticing a typo here, a typo there. Nothing too major. I have been working on this thing for some time after all.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #213488
Posted: 6th October 2017 20:29

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Quote (Spooniest @ 5th October 2017 14:34)
Thanks biggrin.gif

Actually, FF9 was the first game in the series to use Eidolon, but the remake of FF4 for DS (which later got ported to mobile devices and Steam) picked up on it too, so that technically is the earliest game in the series to do it, though the original US release of FF4 (aka Final Fantasy II) called them "Summoned Monsters."

Fun FF Facts

I used the word "Eidolon" because I like it better than "Phantom Beasts," "Summoned Monsters," or "Espers," and that should kind of tell you how I went into making this.

Well ya learn something knew everyday!

I was unfamiliar with the other terminology but yes Eidolon does have a nice ring to it - I don't mind Espers at all either though!

Phantom beasts / summon beats - yeah not a fan of that wording either!
Post #213502
Posted: 6th October 2017 21:41

Black Waltz

Awards:
THIS IS EPISODE 4

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #213503
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: