CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Forum Rules? What Forum Rules?!

Posted: 5th December 2006 18:02

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Moderator Edit
Don't double post, as it's against the rules. You can edit your post by pressing the Edit button if you have something to add after posting

this is the most recent example i could find so i'm assuming i'm not the only one who originally had problems finding the forum rules? i never read them until i posted something stupid in my first week at CoN, i was PMed and directed to them

unless of course no one else had this problem, would it be possible to have them highlighted somehow until clicked on, this may save mods time having to PM noobs each time things like this happen?
Post #137604
Posted: 5th December 2006 18:30

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2007. 
Second place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
I think a good idea would be to auto-PM or auto-email the forum rules to newly registered members.

That would save a lot of people from "oops" moments such as you apparently had, and it would take the excuse of "I never saw the rules!" away from the ones that break the rules maliciously.

--------------------
Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them.

~Pacifist Badge, 1978
Post #137605
Posted: 5th December 2006 18:46

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Hamedo, I was already working on your suggestion before you even posted it. tongue.gif

Last week I put a link to the rules in the user submission agreement while I was working on some other things, and as of ten minutes ago, a link to the rules was placed in the validation emaill as well. This is as good as it will likely get until we upgrade forums, if we do indeed upgrade forums.

In moderator edits we do try to link to the rules if we reference them. Sometimes we don't.

Frankly, I don't really care if people use that excuse anyway. Doesn't get much sympathy from me. If they're doing it maliciously, they're not going to care either.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #137608
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: