CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Happy and sad (spoilers)

Posted: 15th November 2019 04:43

Returner

I just got to the part where Sephiroth kills aerith and i can't tell if im sad or angry this really effected me is there anyone else who felt like this?
Post #215918
Posted: 16th November 2019 21:23

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Yes, every time I have played through that part made me cry a little. It's the music that does me in.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #215919
Posted: 16th November 2019 22:19

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Hiya! I saw you enter Discord the other night, but I couldn’t click over to it fast enough to greet you (was in the midst of a cutscene in FF Brave EXVIUS).

Unfortunately I didn’t have the same emotional reaction, but it’s entirely because I was spoiled for the event. Since I was anticipating it happening for most of the game, my reaction was pretty flat. Honestly, I feel somewhat cheated. It *should* have a great impact.

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #215920
Posted: 25th April 2020 01:51

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I was pretty observant during the first commercials on T.V. before FFVII's initial release. I recognized the girl in the church as the one to die later on. When I played the game and beat it for the first time that death had no impact on me.

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #216062
Posted: 6th May 2020 23:15

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Aeris's theme is very beautifully poignant and really makes the scene work.

The music by itself brings me to tears, even without the game.

And I say this as someone who has never actually played FF7 far enough to get to this scene, and only knew of it many years after I first heard the music.

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 6th May 2020 23:16

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #216119
Posted: 15th July 2021 10:33

Returner

Anxious heart is another good one

--------------------
I can beat Emerald WEAPON without touching the controller.
Post #216610
Posted: 23rd October 2021 14:21

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Chrono Trigger section of CoN. 
It's definitely a powerful scene, even 20+ years on. I'm playing through the Steam version now, and it still stirred emotion in me, despite knowing what happens and seeing death_unites_us pick apart how bad that actual cutscene is quality-wise
Post #216681
Posted: 28th October 2021 09:27

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
It upset me pretty badly the first time I saw it. For some reason, the normally incorrigible Yuffie suddenly wailing and leaping into a stunned Cloud's arms hit me like a ton of bricks. I wasn't a huge Aeris fan, but she was a major character and it seemed so sudden and unceremonious.

--------------------
"So, are you a fan of the Fett?"

"Nah, I'm more of a Star Wars guy."
Post #216685
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: