CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy 9 Pros

Posted: 8th July 2006 16:28

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Three of my greatest achievements in FF9:

1. Beting Ozma... but not just BEATING him, beating him. Beating him in Aloha Gear (which means all defense stats are at a big, fat ZERO).

2. Excalibur II. No, as a weapon it's really not worth it for the stats, it's just a nice achievement. I did it for the challenge. I might attempt to try an "Excalibur II perfect game" sometime, but that's even harder.

3. All 100 Quadmist/Tetra-master cards. XD

Right now I'm trying the most masochistic challenge I've tried to date. A Level 1 challenge (which is getting 4 players to beat Necron at level 1). It's possible, just very time-consuming. Even a boss as easy as Sealion was a huge pain in the neck. It's really slow going so far... tongue.gif
Post #123072
Posted: 8th July 2006 16:32

Engineer

Awards:
Quote (Kurohime @ 8th July 2006 16:28)
Three of my greatest achievements in FF9:

1. Beting Ozma... but not just BEATING him, beating him. Beating him in Aloha Gear (which means all defense stats are at a big, fat ZERO).

2. Excalibur II. No, as a weapon it's really not worth it for the stats, it's just a nice achievement. I did it for the challenge. I might attempt to try an "Excalibur II perfect game" sometime, but that's even harder.

3. All 100 Quadmist/Tetra-master cards. XD

Right now I'm trying the most masochistic challenge I've tried to date. A Level 1 challenge (which is getting 4 players to beat Necron at level 1). It's possible, just very time-consuming. Even a boss as easy as Sealion was a huge pain in the neck. It's really slow going so far... tongue.gif

Wow a true Final Fantasy 9 Pro. thumbup.gif
Post #123075
Posted: 11th July 2006 07:58

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I'm trying to bust the game on the first disc. As of now, this is what I have when I shouldn't:

1) Level 50+ characters, Freya is the highest at 58.
2) Robe of Lords AND Protect Ring from Chocobo Hot & Cold

I'm working on maxing out Frog Drop. Already I caught 38 frogs, and will catch more after this post. The frogs respawn on pure time, not gameplay. With only 1 marsh, it takes about 6 hours to respawn adult frogs from 3 frogs.

My game clock is over 80 hours in disc 1 still. Basically anything only obtainable on disc 1 I already have. This includes earning 100 approval in the sword duel near the beginning of the game.
Post #123771
Posted: 17th July 2006 07:21

Black Mage

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Perhaps my toughest accomplishment that required actual skill was defeating Quale after the Desert Palace and before entering Esto Gaza. With low Magic Defense and levels in the high 20s and low 30s, a MT Water could easily kill my team at max HP. Making things trickier was the absence of a White magic user. Lots of Mighty Guard and White Draw as well as Diamond Gloves on Freya helped pull through (as well as Auto-Potion). Stole everything as well.

I've also bested Ozma with a team at levels 47, 45, 44, 44. Since Ozma is so luck based I'm not sure this qualifies, esppecially when one knows how to influence Ozma's AI. I've also taken out Tantuarian in a battle where it hit one person with Doom and that was the only successful attack it used in the entire battle. It's simple enough to replicate the setup and strategy though.

Comments on the timer overflow issue:
Short answer: 828 days and change
Longer explanation: I lack the tools and know-how to verify this myself but from what I've heard, the location which tracks the game timer increments 60 times a second. It's either an 8 digit hexedecimal or a 32 digit binary number; the overflow point of either is the same. Coincedentally, the refresh rate of a TV in Japan or North America is 60 times per second.

Therefore, when the game clock reaches 100 hours, it has about 2 years and 94 days to go before Excalibur II is available in Memoria.
Post #124644
Posted: 17th July 2006 07:38

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
Quote (Kurohime @ 8th July 2006 09:28)

This will probably help you out.

--------------------
Post #124645
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: