CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
A New World live stream

Posted: 15th October 2020 21:18

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Here's your chance to experience a Final Fantasy concert, if you've never gone before: As New World, the chamber ensemble , is doing a live stream from Grand Rapids Michigan on November 20th.

https://ffnewworld.com/concert/gr-online/

Pre-order tickets are only $20! I am unsure if the price is going to go up or not. We already bought our tickets. And it looks like it's just one per household as I saw no way to buy multiples.

I'm hoping they play Heroes from FFXIV: Heavensward, as I really love that arrangement. wub.gif

One of the things I love about A New World is that they feature songs and games you might not otherwise hear. This has me wondering if they will ever play any entries from the mobile games. I know FFBE has some fantastic music in it that I'd love to hear live.

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy XVI
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV MSQ & Side Quests
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #216321
Posted: 16th October 2020 12:19

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Oh, this is very cool and I've completely missed that information. Thanks for sharing, I might well partake since I've never been able to see ANW.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #216322
Posted: 18th November 2020 22:04

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Got an email: this has been cancelled thanks to Covid. Boo. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully they reschedule it sometime.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #216383
Posted: 21st December 2021 20:21
Group Icon
Returner

Quote (AltheaValara @ 18th November 2020 22:04)
Got an email: this has been cancelled thanks to Covid. Boo. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully they reschedule it sometime.

I assumed it was online?
Post #216758
Posted: 21st December 2021 23:34

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (propoly @ 21st December 2021 14:21)
Quote (AltheaValara @ 18th November 2020 22:04)

I assumed it was online?

It was supposed to be an online concert, but the performers were gathering together at the venue, so it wasn't safe for them to meet. Alas, it was never rescheduled. I know there's some in-person concerts coming up, including one at a venue within a few hours of me, but I hadn't planned on going because *waves hand at pandemic*.

--------------------
Schedule:
Post #216759
Posted: 27th July 2023 01:37
Group Icon
Returner

It's great to hear that the concert features a chamber ensemble and highlights songs and games that might not otherwise be heard. The Final Fantasy series has a rich and diverse musical history, and it's always exciting to see how it is interpreted and performed in different ways.
Post #217159
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: