CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Experimenting with "walk through walls" cheat

Posted: 26th January 2012 02:41

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Has anyone ever used this before? its a game genie cheat, and there are many different ways to play the game using this. for example: leaving narshe before terra falls down the hole to be saved by locke and all the moogles whom were intended for saving her will now replace the 11 other characters for the rest of the game lol.
Post #199132
Posted: 27th January 2012 22:00

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
That sounds like a definite game changer, that's for sure.

I think it would be fun to parade around as such, but the glamour would quickly wear off once the story stopped progressing. I'm guessing the event triggers programmed in won't magically adapt to the new moogle party that skipped what was supposed to happen heh.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #199144
Posted: 28th January 2012 01:29

Onion Knight

Awards:
true, but there are many other possibilities like what if you leave thamasa as leo and then enter again?
Post #199146
Posted: 13th October 2012 04:34

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2017. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Member of more than five years. 
Edit: I have no idea why I posted that here. Cool beans tongue.gif

This post has been edited by LeviathanMist on 14th October 2012 09:14
Post #201279
Posted: 15th October 2012 06:50

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Ah the old Manson codes. The game is quite funny you know the Moogles you met with before you left Narshe? Well they all represent the other characters you will recruit. There is a lot of glitches and some interesting ones but sadly you'll never be able to keep Leo.

Best you could hope for is perhaps change the spirte with a code.

Fun fact you can use the walk through walls code in Figaro castle to get in the basement and them from the World of Ruin to the World of Balance. This gives you a chance to recruit Gogo but you must use the airship code first.

Go back to Figargo castle and submerge the castle and you'll be in the World of Balance with Gogo! Note you can also get Shadow as well before you come back and they all have a line in the cabin which shows Gogo and Shadow were meant at one point to be in your party in the World of Balance.

--------------------
His Divine Shadow

Got Lexx?

Click to vist FFF.

Post #201286
Posted: 2nd April 2018 01:56

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Submitted an idea for a podcast that was later recorded by the CoNcast team. Member of more than five years. 
Was watching this Let's Play video of FFVI and someone asked the following question in the comments:

"I wonder if that door with the turtle even goes anywhere in the world of balance, if you could reach it."

Anyone know the answer to this? I'm sure somebody in the 20+ year history of FF6 must have tried this using the walk through walls code. I'm guessing what happens is similar to the post above - that it would put your party with their WOB stats into the WOR. But would it trigger the scene where you are chasing Gerad, and if so what happens to Celes' dialogue if she's not in the party with you? Very curious to know the answer!

This post has been edited by MetroidMorphBall on 2nd April 2018 01:57
Post #214673
Posted: 2nd April 2018 14:01

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Well, I had a few minutes to try to spin that up this morning, though I didn't have my setup very well tuned at all. The walk through walls cheats wouldn't let me get through that door in that case.

I wouldn't call it conclusive, as it's just as likely I did something wrong in getting the codes in, or my emulator was just behaving badly, but I couldn't get anywhere at all that way.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214677
Posted: 3rd April 2018 03:16

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
It's not just you. The FF6 Walk Through Walls code is a bit wonky and you'll frequently get stuck. It's not like the FF4 codes where you can go through anything.
Post #214681
Posted: 3rd April 2018 15:30

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Submitted an idea for a podcast that was later recorded by the CoNcast team. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 2nd April 2018 06:01)
Well, I had a few minutes to try to spin that up this morning, though I didn't have my setup very well tuned at all. The walk through walls cheats wouldn't let me get through that door in that case.

I wouldn't call it conclusive, as it's just as likely I did something wrong in getting the codes in, or my emulator was just behaving badly, but I couldn't get anywhere at all that way.

Huh, interesting...so I guess that door defaults to a wall in the WOB. Curious why they would show it in the WOB then. Just so you know it's there when you get to the WOR? I mean, it's not like you have to go looking for it, Gerad and his men pretty much lead you right to it. Oh well. Thanks for checking it out!
Post #214685
Posted: 3rd April 2018 15:56

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (MetroidMorphBall @ 3rd April 2018 09:30)
Huh, interesting...so I guess that door defaults to a wall in the WOB. Curious why they would show it in the WOB then. Just so you know it's there when you get to the WOR? I mean, it's not like you have to go looking for it, Gerad and his men pretty much lead you right to it. Oh well. Thanks for checking it out!

Well, I remained a bit curious after playing with it yesterday, so I now just did what I should have actually done in the first place: downloaded a map editor. Specifically, this one - http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/678/

If you crack open that map, there are simply no events tied to that spot. It's not an exit, and there are no other events wired up to it to make it do anything. Without that exit trigger, it wouldn't be able to do anything at all.

As to why they show it there, it's partially for the mystery, I'm sure, but also partially just so they didn't need to write instructions or change the tileset, saving time and code. smile.gif

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214688
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: