CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What team do you have?

Posted: 17th July 2007 07:58

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Anyways my question is what team of charcters do you have in your party?
My team has Terra,Locke,Celes and Shadow smile.gif

--------------------
Black Mage: A master of destructive magic
White Mage:A master of healing magic
Red Mage: Jack of all trades, masters of none
Blue Mage: Master of enemy skills
Fighter: What the hell is he doing on the list!
Post #153232
Posted: 17th July 2007 11:27

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
My Main Team has Celes,Locke,Relm,Sabin. And my other Team that i use is Cyan,Edgar,Terra and Gogo.
Post #153235
Posted: 17th July 2007 11:34

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Winner of the 2006 Incognito Contest contest. 
One of my favorite teams is Relm, Locke, Terra, and Mog. Relm has enough magic power to nucleify an entire planet, Locke is my power-attacker, Terra's an awesome support character, and Mog is my Dragoon who can nullify random encounters.

--------------------
Post #153236
Posted: 17th July 2007 13:35

Eli MVP?

Awards:
I have Sabin, Celes, Edgar, and Umaro. Celes is the main magic caster, and eveyone else just kills.
Post #153240
Posted: 17th July 2007 14:50

Black Mage

Awards:
I think I had Edgar, Locke, Terra and Celes. For the final battle I had Edgar and Locke doing heavy physical attacking, Terra casting Ultima, and Celes healing.

--------------------
FF6 -- Finished! Yeah!
FF7 -- Finished (easily, and without KOtR)
FF8 -- End of Disc 3
Secret of Evermore--Leveling up for Salabog

"Go sit over there. Put your seatbelt on."--Squall
Post #153247
Posted: 17th July 2007 19:16

Engineer

Awards:
I remember a topic like this was around a few months back, before I had played FFVI.

Anyway, I like a team of Edgar, Relm, Sabin, and Celes. Good magic, good physical attacks, can't complain. Relm isn't the strongest physically, but she can do almost 1 000 damage at the level I have her at (around 35).

--------------------
Why, hello guys! Haven't been around here in a loooong time!
http://dragcave.net/user/LadyTwi
http://www.backloggery.com/ladytwi
Post #153255
Posted: 17th July 2007 21:42

Cactuar

Awards:
Cyan, for his battle power.
Sabin, for his battle power.
Edgar, for his battle power.
And Terra, cause her sprite looks cute.

My favourite team, though I play with everyone.

--------------------
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one...
Post #153274
Posted: 17th July 2007 22:20

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I use all characters about equally when I'm doing sidequests and stuff, although my most powerful party is Terra, Strago, Sabin, and Gogo.

As for the most plot-interesting party, Terra, Shadow, Cyan, and Locke.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #153275
Posted: 17th July 2007 22:54

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Shadow : He has throw command, and the mysterious background and attitude.
Cyan : Strong, plus i really connected with his pain over his family and Doma.
Setzer : I like his attitude, he's pretty strong,yet most of his weapons are ranged.
Mog : I really don't know why. I made him a mage. No story, just cause he's Mog.

outside of these, i rarely use anyone else. sometimes sabin, sometimes Gogo just because i like to fantisize on his background (fanfic in progress!)

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #153279
Posted: 18th July 2007 02:04

Black Mage

Awards:
Hmm, from what I remember...

Terra Main spellcaster, Economizer, and whatever it was that let you Doublecast... (Gem Box?)

Cyan Main physical attacker. Genji Glove, Offering, Quadra Slice...if only the Psycho Cyan Glitch existed in the PS version.

Edgar/Locke I rotated between both, but I think I used Edgar more. He was slower but I found him more powerful.

Gogo Customizable commands FTW. Mimicing wasn't bad either.

I occasionally put Sabin over Cyan or Mog over Gogo, but that's about it.

--------------------
FFIVDS looks awesome, right? Especially the character scans. I mean, look at that CGI scan of Yang. You see it and you just think...badass. And then you look at his polka-dot pants, likely stolen from a Dr. Seuss book. And then you just...shiver.
Post #153297
Posted: 18th July 2007 03:53

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
right now im trying to get all the rages so I got Celes(Velsha), Sabin(Cyden),Gau(Ravyn),and Edgar(Cyrus) but my favorite party is Locke(Melvin), Shadow(Krulos),Mog(Moogri),and Terra(Fiona)

--------------------
"Death to Mystic Enemies" ~ Heckran

"Say yer prayers Lynx! Not that they'll do you any good." ~ Schala "Kid" Zeal

"Hold yer Seahorses"
Post #153303
Posted: 18th July 2007 04:26

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Locke and Celes almost always i my team by virtue of being my two favorite characters, so they end up levels way above the rest. The other two spots I try to rotate between other characters, but even that usually ends up being designated to the twins, Shadow, and Terra.

So my usual team (and the "chosen four" who get sent to battle Kefka) are usually Locke, Celes, Terra, and Edgar.
Post #153309
Posted: 18th July 2007 06:02

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoNCAA, 2011. Third place in CoN World Cup, 2010. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2005. 
my final four usually were shadow, terra, celes, and sabin. i threw edgar in there from time to time, but i liked these four the most.

--------------------

"The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."
- Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Post #153321
Posted: 18th July 2007 10:46

Returner

Awards:
Also who is better (melee) Shadow or Sabin?

--------------------
Black Mage: A master of destructive magic
White Mage:A master of healing magic
Red Mage: Jack of all trades, masters of none
Blue Mage: Master of enemy skills
Fighter: What the hell is he doing on the list!
Post #153348
Posted: 18th July 2007 15:06

Onion Knight

Awards:
In a standard game, I typically use Terra, Edgar, Sabin, and the fourth member is variable. Shadow, Gogo, Mog Celes, or Gau (if I worked on his rages).

--------------------
"Sometimes I amaze even myself." -Han Solo, "Star Wars: A New Hope"
Post #153368
Posted: 18th July 2007 15:56

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2011-2012. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. 
My Party?

Shadow, just cause he is all that is awesome.
Terra, magic caster
Setzer, because he is a badass gambler who throws dice at enemies to kill them.
Edgar, Chainsaw!!! BRrrrrrrzzz!
Post #153373
Posted: 18th July 2007 17:00

SOLDIER

Awards:
My team just had Ultima and blasted all. smile.gif

Shadow: He had the X-Magic and spammed Ultima for Kefka

Edgar: Caster ; Ultima

Celes: She would sometimes heal, and otherwise cast Ultima

Terra: Same as Celes

This post has been edited by Dragon King on 18th October 2007 19:11

--------------------
Kel'Thuzad: She is persistent. Reminds me of you, death knight.

Arthas:Shut up you damned ghost.

-Warcraft III Kel'thuzad comparing Arthas and Sylvanas Windrunner.
Post #153377
Posted: 18th July 2007 17:17

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
My last normal game team was Terra, Locke, Relm, and Mog.

--------------------
"The Lord Bob Bree is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me post in Scenario topics.
He leads me beside GameFOX;
He restores my karma.
He leads me in paths of moderation
for His name's sake."
-Nick of Five
Post #153379
Posted: 18th July 2007 21:14
Onion Knight

Awards:
currently i'm using:

terra- main caster; she gets the gem box
celes- caster/attacker/tank; gets illumina/force shield etc
locke- main physical attacker; valiantknife+atmaweapon/sniper+offering
cyan- tempest/dragoonboots/dragon horn makes for good fun, despite cyan being an overall bad character

--------------------
Post #153407
Posted: 28th July 2007 11:14

Sabin - have incredible strong attack as air blade and bum rush

Terra - she is a magic user

umaro - also have very strong attacks (and he attacks by his own tongue.gif )

Gogo - mimics all the moves

another tactic is that i use terras vanish and then sabins doom...

--------------------
Sabin lvl 99!!!

i defeated doomgaze on the first encounter :D

i hurt cactuar on 9999 hp
Post #154197
Posted: 28th July 2007 14:36

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2008 Fanfiction contest. 
My party is:

Mog lvl 99: Dance ability and the good ol moogle charm

Sabin: Multiple Blitz and its funny to see my opponents crumble to his Ultima spell.

Terra: High magic, plus she can morph and be even stronger

Relm: Strong magic and i can make my opponents attack one another with control and sketch.

--------------------
Kefka's Message of the week: Get off your couch noobs and get my new game Dissidia 012
Post #154204
Posted: 30th September 2007 16:09

Black Mage

Awards:
Well, on my current play of 6A:

Terra: I still find her to be the best spellcaster in the game. Trance beats Runic and Relm's Magic stat. She also has good physical capabilites (though Celes does too).

Locke: Valiant Knife is always good, and Stealing is fun too. Probably one of the best physical characters in VI.

Shadow: I seriously never used this guy before. But once I actually bought Shurikens, I saw his potential. Fumas are great too, and Pinwheels are sweet. Never as much damage as Terra's Ultima, but, hey, it doesn't cost any MP!

Edgar: I'm trying a Dragoon set on him, I like it. I would've gone with Mog but I forgot to get him in WoB so he lost a lot of Esper levels.

--------------------
FFIVDS looks awesome, right? Especially the character scans. I mean, look at that CGI scan of Yang. You see it and you just think...badass. And then you look at his polka-dot pants, likely stolen from a Dr. Seuss book. And then you just...shiver.
Post #157774
Posted: 30th September 2007 16:22

Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
My party on my current playthrough is this:

Locke Lvl: 58
Celes Lvl: 62
Relm: Lvl: 54
Terra: Lvl: 51

Post #157775
Posted: 30th September 2007 17:21

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I use Terra as pshysical attacker, Morph makes it easier reaching straight nines when your weapons are weakened by offering

I use Locke, which i have for the entire game, Mug is awesome, firstly paired with genji glove, then with the offering, giving me a bunch of items through the game.

Relm is my main caster, with gem box quick, due to her having the highest magic strength off the bat.

My last characters differs, it could be mog for moogle charm, shadow for.. coolness!, or setzer for some sort of backup healing.

--------------------
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Broccoli to die.
Post #157779
Posted: 30th September 2007 17:46

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Terra: Magic user.

Locke: LOCKE + VALIANT KNIFE + GAUNTLET + OFFERING = OMGTEHPWNZ. I had him doing, like, 2000 per strike at level 35.

Sabin: Phantom Rush spam, etc.

Edgar: Tools. I also made him my healer.

This post has been edited by Uwao~! on 30th September 2007 17:46

--------------------
"So imagine Kefka swearing and yelling that he'll take revenge, but doing so in a way that's... somehow... polite and feminine."
Post #157782
Posted: 30th September 2007 19:14

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I use
Terra lvl 53, Excalibur, Genji Shield Helm and Armot, Soul of Thamasa, and Gold Hairpin
Sabin lvl 55 Tigerfang, Aigis Shield, Genji Helm, Red jacket, and blackbelt/knights code combo
Gogo lvl 58 Gladius thunder shield, Red Cap, Black Garb, Hero's Ring, Ribbon, and mimic, magic, blitz, and throw
and ...I forgot, so I'll put down Celes 44, Zantetsuken, Crystal Shield, Crystal Helm, Minerva Buster, Ribbon, and Gold Hairpin

Terra and Gogo know every spell, so Terra dual casts ultima and Gogo mimics, and if she is teken out of the battle gogo can use ultima anyway. Sabin doesn't know Meltdown. Celes doesn't know Drain, Slowga, Thundaga, Quake, Graviga, Tornado, Holy, Arise, Reraise, Flare, Ultima, Meltdown, Meteor, Quick, and Flood. No It can't be Celes so it must be Edger, my healer cause tools are alright, and good story scenes with both bros.

Edgar, lvl 52, radiant lance, zantetsuken, crystal helm and mail, Master's scroll, and Genji Glove. Doesn't know Meltdown or Meteor.
Yeah that's my team. in order from bottom to top, Sabin, Gogo, Terra Egdar. GOGO ROCKS! happy.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif cool.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by DR FF DS on 30th September 2007 19:22
Post #157786
Posted: 1st October 2007 19:38

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I think I mix them up quite often. I like to give everyone attention but my favorites tend to be Terra, Edgar, Celes, Lock, and Sabin but that's most FFVI fans out there.

The thing is once you get the Economizer/Celestriad and the Gem Box/Soul of Thamasa and learn Quick and Ultima it doesn't matter if you give them to Terra, Celes, or Relm I just start to feel sorry for the bad guys! XP

--------------------
The FF6*10 webring celebrates FF6's tenth anniversary with fanart (japanese).
Post #157862
Posted: 4th October 2007 14:44
Returner

Terra, Shadow, Strago, Anyone

Terra is usually my end-all-be-all character. Favorite character, for some reason.

Shadow is a good character to have around, as he can hit fast and hard, and has access to large amounts of physical damage very early in the game. Later on, his reliability to be able to dish out the damage stays, making him a solid character.

Strago is a character I didn't use in the first 20 or so times through the game, at least. He's fun to toy with, having a large pool of spells that nobody else can get. Plus, Quasar just looks awesome.

Fourth spot I rotate around, usually with Gogo, Umaro, and Mog. It really doesn't make a difference to me, Terra just obliterates everything, and the rest pick up the pieces.
Post #158033
Posted: 4th October 2007 17:21

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
My favorite team was probably Terra, Celes, Gau, and Sabin. I always sort of considered those four to be the best characters in the game. The next four that I used the most were Strago, Edgar, Shadow, and probably Cyan (but those four are more out of preference than because I know they're good characters).

This post has been edited by laszlow on 4th October 2007 17:36

--------------------
Post #158038
Posted: 4th October 2007 17:33

Black Mage

Awards:
In my last game, I used two parties (relatively equally) that I think were a little unconventional...

Celes
Locke
Gau
Umaro

and

Terra
Sabin
Strago
Setzer

Celes and Terra knew every spell I could teach them, and were set up as "ultimate" spellcasters. Locke had the Offering and Genji Glove, with the Valiant Knife and another weapon that I'm blanking on at the moment. Sabin basically spammed Blitzes. Strago knew almost every Blue Magic in the game, and only used those. Gau knew all but 2 or 3 Rages, and after you learn most of the moves he can do, he's a freaking powerhouse. Setzer just did slots repeatedly, and Umaro... well... you know.

--------------------
With the lights out
It's less dangerous
Post #158039
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: