CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Bahamut Lagoon

Posted: 5th November 2002 00:23

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Does anyone else agree that this game rules? The storyline is ok, the graphics are pretty good, but man the gameplay is great. I love the battles, and the abundance of characters. It's fun to see how the characters interact with each other between chapters, and they each have a personality and story. Great game.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #4469
Posted: 5th November 2002 04:40

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I've been wanting to play that game for who knows how long.  Where on earth did you get it?

Anyway, I've heard it's really good.  Some of the story is sort of spoiled for me, but I want to play it all the same.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #4481
Posted: 5th November 2002 22:45

Black Mage

Awards:
I've never heard of this game.  What's it about?  Without spoilers please.

--------------------
"The Master of Past, Present, and Future has returned."
Post #4506
Posted: 7th November 2002 04:05

Crusader

Awards:
Well, the battle system is similar to, yet different from that of Tactics. You can move around in a similar fashion, and use long range attacks like in FFT. However, if you get next to the enemy, you can fight them FF6 style, for one turn. Everybody attacks, and the fight is over.

There are parties powered by the Dragons assigned to each party, and you can feed dragons to improve their stats. Dragons affect what skills you can use. Ie. Give him a Fire Rod, his Fire stat increases. If you have a mage in that party, he can now use fire magic, and as you feed more Fire Rods, the magic becomes more powerful.

The Dragons fight a lot and help your party immensly. You'll acquire some new dragons and thus have more party members, over 25 at one time. You can set up Knight parties for strength, or Light Armor parties for movement. Mix and match. Also, by having 2 wizards, the power of your spells doubles, so you can try that. A lot of customization in this game.

As I said, every character has a storyline. Whether someone likes another, or maybe they hate each other, something is going on, and you can talk to them on your airship. The game is in chapters, and every chapter something new happens. It's a pretty funny game too.

I have a rom, translated and patched. I wish I had the cartridge, but then again I can't read Japanese. I can send it to you if you want, just pm me, or maybe upload it on a site or something.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #4591
Posted: 8th November 2002 03:43

Black Mage

Awards:
Your description of the game alone makes it sound really good.  Thanks for the offer also.  I'll think about it.

--------------------
"The Master of Past, Present, and Future has returned."
Post #4632
Posted: 9th November 2002 02:08
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
oh this game's battle system sounds exactly like shining force 1 & 2 for genesis
id like to play it but i cant find a rom for it.

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #4684
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: