CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Tactics Help

Posted: 26th November 2002 22:41

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
I'm trying to get through this game for the second time, and I'm at the Riovanes castle battle against Wiegraf. I think I won this one through incredible luck the first time, but how should I do it?

Also, I've been working to get everyone's bravery up to 100 with cheer up, is there some way I can do this with faith? Through stupid job dispensing at the beginning of the game, my priest only has 47 faith, and it's pissing me off.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #5401
Posted: 27th November 2002 00:06
Red Wing Pilot

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
well theres many different tactics you can use there, but this is just the one I used and i worked well..

what i did was have ramza be a lancer and equiped him with
sprint shoes and auto-potion counter skill, sell all your potions
so he will use a hi-potion instead of a potion.turn your other chars into ninjas and have one of them eqiuped with two flame maces(whatever those things that add fire damage)
dont get really close to him but close enough to do jump on him, if your
speed is high enough he'll just jump him right away, when i
did that i think he did about 250 damage, i think thats enough
for him to tun away,if not then keep jumping him.

for part 2 of that battle i won that battle in 3 turns...
first turn: ninja attacked with flame maces 200-300 + 200-300 + 100
second turn: ramza jumps
third turn: other ninja chucks yagu darkness 100+
then ramzas jump hits and kill him. 250+ damage

i dont remember the exact damages but thats an estimate.
i know there are other ways you can do it but thats the way
i did it..

--------------------
Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets?
Post #5407
Posted: 27th November 2002 00:43

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Riovanes? The place with Velius, no?

Part I
I turned Ramza into a Ninja and gave him Guts, Auto Potion, something and something else. He kept using the move that raises your speed until he got like 3 attacks in a row, then he accumulated about 43302984 times. Everything is dead in one hit now.

Part II
I just attacked as offensively as possible, and since Ramza's speed goes here too, he killed Velius in three or four turns.
Post #5410
Posted: 27th November 2002 02:23

Crusader

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Second place in CoNCAA, 2014. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2004. First place in CoNCAA, 2008. Third place in CoNCAA, 2009. First place in CoNBA, 2007. 
Is this the battle where Ramza fights him one-on-one until he transforms into a Demon?  If so I have the perfect strategy.

First of all, you MUST have Auto-Potion equipped, and your lowerst-level potion MUST be at LEAST a Hi-Potion so you heal every time you get hit.  You also MUST have Guts.  Yell is the key.  Then I made Ramza a Ninja, giving him two chances to attack.  I think I had him at around level 40 or something...

Okay once you have all that set up, go fight Wiegraf.  Now all you need to do is stay out of his Sword Skill range and Yell every, every, every turn.  Over and over again, until you go about 5 times each time Wiegraf goes one.  It's possible, you just have to be patient.  Then once you get that, maybe do a few Accumulates for good measure.  Finally, start attacking him.  At the level I was at, I could kill him in one hit.  Once he transforms don't mess with his henchmen, go all out on Velius.  He'll probably go down in a few of Ramza's five turns.  Vavavavoom, you win.

Yesh, it takes time, but it works like a charm.  Good luck.

--------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing...
Post #5415
Posted: 27th November 2002 17:05

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
Well it worked. I yelled until Ramza's throat was sore and stayed as far away as possible. I actually sold of all my high-potions, too, and bought a ton of x-potions, so he really didn't do any damage to me at all. That was much easier than the last time I fought him. Thanks

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #5432
Posted: 30th November 2002 05:37

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2003. 
Ehhh...  That's such a pansy way to do it.  What I like to do is just make Ramza a knight and break Wiegraf's sword - I would also equip stuff that protects against lightning (Lightning Stab) and stop (Stasis Sword).  Once you've broken his sword, Wiegraf is hapless.  Heal yourself and draw him back to where your party will appear for the second part of the battle so Ramza is not exposed, then kill him.  For the second half, fast, mobile, and hard-hitting units are the key...  I usually go with a few ninjas.  Take out the Ultima Demons who are more deadly than Velius himself because of their speed, and then go after Velius.  Haste is a big help, and stay spread out in case Velius whips out the Zodiac summon.

--------------------
"Hit hard, hit first, hit often."

--Adm. William "Bull" Halsey, USN
Post #5510
Posted: 30th November 2002 06:04

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Quote (Gerad @ 30 Nov. 2002, 00:37)
 What I like to do is just make Ramza a knight and break Wiegraf's sword - I would also equip stuff that protects against lightning (Lightning Stab) and stop (Stasis Sword).  Once you've broken his sword, Wiegraf is hapless.  Heal yourself and draw him back to where your party will appear for the second part of the battle so Ramza is not exposed, then kill him.  For the second half, fast, mobile, and hard-hitting units are the key...  I usually go with a few ninjas.  Take out the Ultima Demons who are more deadly than Velius himself because of their speed, and then go after Velius.  Haste is a big help, and stay spread out in case Velius whips out the Zodiac summon.

Why don't you just make him a Ninja with second skill Weapon Break with Concentration as support if you're gonna be that way?  :D
You then have speed, two weapons, and 100% accuracy (I'm fairly sure it works with the breaks, anywho)

The ninja + Yell and Accumulate technique is great, just because you get to keep your upped statistics through the Velius fight. Yes, it is pansy, but it WORKS.

And Velius can't cast Zodiac, only Serpentarius can, you're thinking of C(yc)lops.

Post #5511
Posted: 30th November 2002 06:49
Black Mage

Awards:
I was under the impression that Wiegraf had maintenance status at Riovanes.  In fact, I'm almost completely certain that he does.  Therefore, all you could ever do is power break him until it does 16 damage, or so.  

I realize that you have already gotten past this, but there are several good ways to do this.  Obviously, the yell accumulate method works.  Another method is to use cheer up to quickly max brave and HP restore, while setting your HP so the 2nd lightning stab will knock you to critical.  Another is auto-potion.
Life absorb is another method.  4 shots and he is dead, and you should be able to get them off consecutively enough to stay alive.  High power with concentrate is another method.

Another thing that works is to use a chameleon robe.  Lightning stab is non-elemental, but Wiegraf thinks that it has a holy elemental tag, and therefore will use earth slash or wave fist instead, or just smack you.
Post #5513
Posted: 30th November 2002 06:56
Black Mage

Awards:
As for concentration and breaks:

Concentration reduces enemy evade to 0.  Break skills, however, are not 100% attacks.  It is the user's PA + WP + a value, 45 for Head Break, 40 for Armor Break, 55 for Shield Break and 30 for Weapon Break.  The PA value is modified by zodiac, sleep, frog, attack UP, martial arts, and a few other things.  In any case, Ramza would probably have about 12 WP and 15 PA, so Weapon Break would be 57% or so with concentrate at neutral zodiac.  Chance of at least one hitting is going to be 80% or so, but again, I really don't think that weapon break is valid for this battle.

Moderator Edit
No double posting please, you should edit your previous post and add to it if noone's replied since.  You should have been here long enough to know this, I would have thought. - Tiddles

Post #5514
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: