CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
"To Far Away Times."

Posted: 14th October 2013 19:41

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Since we're not in Japan or America here (we're on the bloody internet), I'll be as loud and rude as I want. It's not like you have to physically hear me being an utter prick.

You ruthless bunch of workaholic money-grubbers promised me a harem of impossibly beautiful women fawning over me as I stood toe-to-toe with an alien invader capable of destroying all life on the planet and reducing the world to a nightmarish post-apocalyptic wasteland.

But I quickly realized that living by the sword meant dying by the sword. So I picked up a guitar instead, to try to pursue the dream you gave me without becoming a violent man (my earthly father doesn't approve of violence, he's a Beatlemaniac).

And yet, though my songs are well-composed, and my lyrics fly left and right out of my fingertips quick as Three Strikes of Lightning, I am ignored here for being such a Final Fantasy nerd. The Southern 'establishment' doesn't approve of the sorcery and hyper-sexuality in your games. I think they're being overly pedantic, but I can't exactly say that on stage (or even on facebook).

I'm put in a catch 22 situation. I have to appeal to superstitious people from Rural America with music that sounds very much like it was inspired by those "evil violent satanic video games from the evil foreigners."

But lo...I hear a whisper on the wind...

This year...

Final Fantasy comes to the South.

You might want to listen to some country music while making the next one.

I recommend Hank Williams, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Buck Owens.

---If you've read this far---

I'm kidding. You guys did more to raise me than my parents could (because they were being worked to death). I love you, mom and dad. Hoimi!!!

Spoons plays "To Far Away Times"

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #205085
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: