CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Challenge for Chrono Trigger!

Posted: 17th February 2003 14:07

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
This is quite simple - beat Lavos with Crono alone.
If you don't know HOW to challenge Lavos with Crono alone, read this:
On the fair, when Lucca tells you to test the Telepod, go to the flashing point in the right pod and push the confirm key.
I'm still trying, I got to fighting the Lavos Core. I can send a ZSNES "movie" file as proof.

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #8712
Posted: 17th February 2003 23:34

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
I beat it.  This screenshot is the best proof I can give - it's of the battle background fading away right before the ending begins.

http://members.aol.com/meneedbrain/crono.jpg

Crono's stats:
LV69
Rainbow Sword
Prism Helm
Moon Armor
PrismSpecs

PWR **
HIT 28
MAG 34
SPD 15
EV 33
STAM **
M DEF **

ATK Power: 254
DEF Power: 224

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #8729
Posted: 18th February 2003 14:51

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
I've done it before, too. Probably on my 8th or 9th plus game. Elixers help a lot for this challenge. Once you get past the first form of Lavos, though, the 2nd and 3rd forms aren't as hard.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #8767
Posted: 19th February 2003 08:17

Crusader

Awards:
Errrr....gears...I do find the 3rd form most challenging, the first two are a sinch. What strategy for the third form do you suggest?

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #8788
Posted: 19th February 2003 15:06

Chimera

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2010. Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Second place in CoNCAA, 2008. First place in CoNBA, 2006. Third place in CoNBA, 2007. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2002. 
See More (Total 10)
I use Confuse on the left bit right away. If your power is high enough, it will die in one hit (if not, no more than two.) Then I usually just attack the middle section until it dies (with the Rainbow, it doesn't do all that much less than confuse, anyway.) Then I attack the right bit once it lowers it's defense. Once it revives everyone, I use Luminaire until the right bit puts it's defense back up, then continue the above pattern, just using an elixer any time the middle section drops a nasty attack on me.

--------------------
Hip-Hop QOTW:

"Yeah, where I'ma start it at, look I'ma part of that
Downtown Philly where it's realer than a heart attack
It wasn't really that ill until the start of crack
Now it's a body caught every night on the Almanac"

"Game Theory"
The Roots
Post #8794
Posted: 29th June 2010 17:24

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I beated it many times...It's quite simple: wear the Gold Stud and spam Luminaire to death! Lavos will be a pussycat against this strategy... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by CatFood on 29th June 2010 17:25

--------------------
While theres a tomorrow, my laziness is immortal
Post #186379
Posted: 29th July 2010 08:23

Black Mage

Awards:
cakewalk but i thought it through you get to keep your items on new game plus so i maxed my lvl and charmed 99 megaelixers from the fossil apes in giants claw. killing him with chrono alone was easy since i took time to prepare.. remember you can never be too strong. .lol.

--------------------
Why is it that rpg's are now a dying breed?
Post #187103
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: