CoN 20th Anniversary: 1997-2017
What games are you playing at the moment?

Posted: 30th April 2018 08:43

Omega Weapon

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Recently finished The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (i.e. the first game). Started on the second game, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC. (It's a direct sequel, forming the second part of the story.)

Very recently (as in earlier tonight), started playing Hyper Metroid, a Super Metroid hack.

--------------------
It Just Bugs Me! - a place to discuss media, real life, and other topics.

my Backloggery
Post #214832
Posted: 30th April 2018 14:01

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Just finished up FF9 - debating whether to play FF8, FF10, or FF12... or just jump ahead to FF15 which I have purchased but not yet played..

Probably just skipping ahead to 15 but we will see!
Post #214836
Posted: 2nd May 2018 21:05

Group Icon
Palace Guard

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Second place in CoNCAA, 2002. 
Has more than thirty news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Horizon Zero Dawn is an awesome game that I highly recommend.

I played through it once, and now i'm doing a new game +.

--------------------
I had an old signature. Now I've changed it.
Post #214838
Posted: 3rd May 2018 13:41

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 28)
I'm sick to death of the career mode in FIFA 18, which appears to have a transfer system that is completely broken unless you start your player in a top league (or at least not MLS). I've raised my player's value twentyfold in two seasons, won three preseason tournaments, two league titles, and one cup tournament, AND a World Cup, and the team refuses to let my player be sold, only loaned.

So, rant aside, I moved into the FIFA 18 version of the RPG mode, that they call The Journey. Scroll back a page or two and you'll see my thoughts on it from 17 - so far they seem to have done a good job of introducing some improvements and variety to the system and the user experience - the pre-title sequence that takes place in a Brazilian Favela is really cute and fun. Cristiano Ronaldo is NOT a good voice actor, though. Yikes.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #214843
Posted: 3rd May 2018 18:30
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Finished Dark Souls 3. Well...okay, let's be honest, ya never finish a Dark Souls game, but I beat the Soul of Cinder and plunged the world into an era of Darkness cause I don't wanna anyone peepin on what me 'n the Firekeeper are gonna be up to now that we both got some free time. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I was going to play Tacoma, but them some random bug to watch peeps playing Alien Isolation on twitch bit me and watching them screw it up prompted me to reinstall that four year old game. First off, looks damned good for how old it is - crappy monitor resolutions not withstanding - and second, nightmare mode is a stingy mofo. You aint gonna find nothing to loot most the time!

Also playing Far Cry 2 for no discernible reason.

This post has been edited by Narratorway on 3rd May 2018 18:31

--------------------
Post #214844
Posted: 20th May 2018 05:45

Dragoon

Awards:
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Second place in the Final Fantasy Music CoNtest, 2010-2011 Member of more than five years. 
Hmm, not a ton of things I'm playing lately. Went through Far Cry 5 (as a Montanan, how could I not?) and was reasonably impressed, though it was a step down from FC4 in several ways. Its post-game is pretty weak, so here's hoping they add NG+ in sometime.

Also got The Last Guardian, Watch Dogs and the Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood on PS4, but haven't gone too far into 'em -- kinda want to finish Deponia Doomsday first. Doing Overwatch events when they roll 'round tends to throw a lot of schedules off for me, too, heh.

--------------------
It's gonna be a glorious day
I feel my luck can change
Post #214880
Posted: Yesterday at 23:05

SOLDIER

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Played some Mega Man 7 today. Just getting my game itch back.

Phantasy Star II as well, a hack by vivify93 called "Phantasy Star II Improvement," which only makes minimal changes to script and gameplay mechanics while leaving the heart of the experience intact. I put on a cheat to give me a grant, since the weapon prices vs. the meseta gained per battle are just kind of frustratingly out of balance in my old-man-impatient-with-the-rules-working-so-strictly-as-they-do grumpyness.

I just wanna do the aventure, I don't wanna think about work, ya know?

--------------------
0 is the best number.
Post #214884
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: