CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Help with Breath of Fire

Posted: 20th September 2002 17:39

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I'm playing Breath of Fire II and I'm stuck.

I've passed Nina's hometown and arrived at a small town where I had to go down into the well and kill a monster.
I killed the monster and now I don't know what to do.

I can't go back farther than Nina's home and I don't know where to go from here.

Any help would be great...

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #2562
Posted: 20th September 2002 23:14

Group Icon
Staff Emeritus

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
You need to talk to the Shaman outside the Inn. She'll take you to her Granny's house, and the story will progress from there.

BTW, Breath of Fire 2 was produced and published by Capcom, so this should be moved to General Gaming.
Post #2567
Posted: 21st September 2002 01:46
Black Mage

Awards:
You're being picky Rubes.  =)  It's true, but I still sort of consider the first two to be related to Square, even though only the first was, and not by too much.  

Anyway, after killing the monster, the Terrapin, one of the toughest monsters of the game IMHO, you exit the screen and talk to Ray.  Ray will then seal off the water.  You save 6 villagers, talk to Ray again, and the well will fill with water.

He tells you that he wants to give you a blessing, and to take him to your town.  Walk back to Windia.  South of Windia are two stakes, one on each side of the cliff.  Although it doesn't really say this yet, Sten is a highlander, and by placing him in the front of the party on the world map (R and L buttons), and then pressing, Y, I think (it's the button for all of the characters' skills), he will extend his arms across.  Then walk back to your town, and have Ray give someone a spell.  I always give it to Nina, as she has lots of AP.  Then use Rand preferably to roll all the way back.  Make sure Sten is in your party for this, because Coursair doesn't have a dragon shrine.  If you want to switch Sten out (and you probably should once we get done with all this back and forth nonsense), do it at Windia.  

Go to Capitan, and talk to the shaman, the new girl who should be obvious.  She'll take you north, and unlock your abilities.  Go back to Capitan, and talk to the man there, warping you back to your town.  Then again, use Rand and Sten to get back to Capitan, and hire a carpenter, preferably the carpenter of the normal homes so that you get access to the alchemy kitchen.  Then continue on past Capitan to the SImafort area.
Post #2574
Posted: 22nd September 2002 17:00
Engineer

Awards:
Quote (Rubicant @ 20 Sep. 2002, 18:14)
BTW, Breath of Fire 2 was produced and published by Capcom, so this should be moved to General Gaming.

better Idea, rename other squaresoft into General RPG.  then quit whineing

--------------------
"Number One, I order you to go take a number two."
Post #2605
Posted: 23rd September 2002 16:43

Black Mage

Awards:
Thanks alot for the info guys.

Anywhay I've heard about BoF being Capcom's sometimes and sometimes I've been told it's from Square. I never really knew for sure because I have played very little of the few that I have played at all.

--------------------
*END TRANSMISSION*
Post #2624
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: