IX) Still need to play more [ 3 ]  [4.00%]
X) ? [ 5 ]  [6.67%]
Total Votes: 75
Guests cannot vote 
Posted: 4th June 2010 01:31

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
when i played it his class kept changing cause i couldnt decide but i favored dragoons samurai and ninja

--------------------
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=14]BLAMO

you have been ninjad
Post #185903
Posted: 14th August 2010 16:38

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Wow, this is still here?

Anywho what I like about Ramza is that he's just set up to have good stats that he can jump to another job and for the most part excel at it.

Also finally got to take the Dark Knight Class for a spin. Powerful but not my favorite.

--------------------
Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave Spam!
Post #187346
Posted: 14th August 2010 17:10

Engineer

Awards:
Typically I'll go physical with Ramza...maybe a Squire with 2 Swords, Ignore Height, Concentration, and Dragon Spirit or HP Restore.

--------------------
"If art doesn't risk upsetting expectations and challenging its audience, it can only stagnate."
Post #187347
Posted: 14th August 2010 19:28

Dragoon

Awards:
just basic squire that i have added abilities from other classes to suit my needs when i play.
Post #187350
Posted: 4th September 2010 22:28
Returner

I play Ramza in the classic PS1 version as a physical attacker for the most part.

Right now he is a Samurai
Secondary: Guts
Auto-Potion
Eqiup Spear
Jump +2

Hope to make him a bard eventually and give him fly. Equip spear is for
Javelin II
Genji Helm
Genji Chest
Germianas Boots

I generally roll with a party of 4 Offensive players and 1 Defensive player...but the defensive player is pretty solid. Mustadio as a Bard with Item as secondary throw Item, Auto-Potion, and Move Find Item since I just started my progress into the Deep Dungeon. Agrias, Beowolf, Cloud (level 12..just started working on him). I sub Orlandu in for Cloud on tough battles.
Post #187589
Posted: 2nd November 2010 04:41

Returner

Awards:
In chapter 1 i played him as a Knight
In chapter 2 and 3 as a Monk and mastered that class
In chapter 4 he mastered Ninja class and I changed him to a Knight with-
Battle Skill
Martial Arts
Auto-Potion
Two Swords
Move-2

And here are the Equipments on him-
Excalibur
Ragnarok
Crystal Helmet
Reflect Mail
Feather Mantle

This post has been edited by Bahemoth ZERO on 2nd November 2010 04:45

--------------------
Quote (by: Cloud)
All right, everyone, lets mosey
Post #188920
Posted: 13th December 2010 13:16

Returner

I tend to broaden his job tree quiet a bit and do everything before settling back to Knight with two swords ability. Makes him pretty unstoppable. Pair it with Counter, and make him as strong as possible and he's a beast. I usually have some white magic as back up. *Cure 3, Esuna, and Raise, just in case my healer is incapacitated*

--------------------
-Proud Founder and Owner of Itsyproductions-
Company on hisatus as of December 14th 2009 Due to Employees' and Affiliate's personal/family matters.
Itsyproductions Home Page
Post #191092
Posted: 11th March 2011 17:04

Returner

Awards:
Ramza
Dark Knight Level 99
97 Brave 84 Faith

Equipment:
Chaos Blade (for Regen)
Excalibur (for Haste)
Grand Helm
Lordly Robe (for Protect and Shell)
Angel Ring (for Reraise)
And we have Ramza with permanent MBarrier/Aegis.

Skills:
Darkness (Dark Sword)
Mettle (Guts)
Shirahadori (Blade Grasp)
Dual Wield (Two Swords)
Teleport

--------------------
While theres a tomorrow, my laziness is immortal
Post #193407
Posted: 29th March 2011 17:05
Returner

Can you hook up a gamepad and play it with that?

If so I think it may just be teh win 4 me1

--------------------
Post #193847
Posted: 22nd April 2011 16:47
Returner

user posted image
Post #194359
Posted: 12th July 2011 23:58

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
I usually have Ramza as a combination Fighter/Mage, to take advantage of his high Brave and Faith. Usually I'll leave his Faith at base and max out his Brave whenever possible.

My usual set-up is:
Job: Squire
Action: White Magic/Time Magic
Reaction: Abandon
Support: Half of MP
Move: Move +3

Weapon: Rune Blade
Shield: Aegis Shield
Head: Thief Hat
Body: Robe of Lords
Accessory: Feather Mantle

I generally don't give Ramza the most powerful of my equipment since he can easily boost himself to well-above other characters' stats and power with Scream. Abandon + Feather Mantle/Aegis Shield makes him almost-invulnerable [100% evade against magic attacks, over 80% for physical], while his Guts and White/Time Magic makes him excellent for a support role.

--------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this sign. This sign loves you.
Post #195920
Posted: 9th August 2011 22:54

Onion Knight

Awards:
I have him as a Onion Knight (Worse Class)But now Im keepin him as his normal Job (OK Sucks)
Post #196763
Posted: 29th May 2013 20:45

Returner

It seems he is supposed to be a squire. So...:

Squire
Summon
Damage split
Two swords
Move+2
Post #203470
Posted: 31st May 2013 01:31

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (Stone•Hawk @ 29th May 2013 20:45)

Squire
Summon
Damage split
Two swords
Move+2

A squire with summon? That's an interesting choice. May I ask why that as a secondary on him, and not another character (say, a Black Mage)?
Post #203479
Posted: 21st June 2013 12:30

Returner

Quote (Suunok @ 31st May 2013 02:31)
Quote (Stone•Hawk @ 29th May 2013 20:45)

Squire
Summon
Damage split
Two swords
Move+2

A squire with summon? That's an interesting choice. May I ask why that as a secondary on him, and not another character (say, a Black Mage)?

Summon has attacks and healing magic. Besides Ramza has high MA and theres nothing to stop me from putting summon on a wizard as well.
Post #203630
Posted: 4th July 2013 02:58
Returner

I just go on and defend my party. White mage all the way
Post #203810
Posted: 27th September 2013 08:20

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
My favorite 2 setups for Ramza would have to be:

Squire with excalibur.... rest of the gear doesn't matter much, just want the absorb holy. At level 99 just put level/3 and hit everyone with holy... just put holy absorbing stuff on the rest of the team. Usually, a battle is over just from him doing 1 action.

My other go to setup is monk/guts with 2 swords, hamedo/hp restore, equip armor, move +3, germanis boots... A few screams and you're runnin circles around everyone and are extremely powerful.

--------------------
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. - Steven Wright

It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature

http://ogame.org cool online galactic empire game
Post #204632
Posted: 30th September 2013 07:35

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I play Ramza as the guy who's going to beat your ass if you so much as touch his team members...but that's not on the poll

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #204704
Posted: 30th September 2013 10:40

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Spooniest @ 30th September 2013 03:35)
I play Ramza as the guy who's going to beat your ass if you so much as touch his team members...but that's not on the poll

I can't imagine why. Probably something about a discussion of things actually relevant to the topic. Who knows?

Anyway, on-topic, I've always used him as an agile brute, by trying to level him into Thief and Ninja ASAP to get movement bonuses and then back into a more traditional warrior class (usually Monk) with Squire secondary and Equip Armor. I find this makes him mostly immune from being hit hard and fast enough to ever go over. In my most recent playthrough, which is currently stalled early in Chapter 2 because I can't be bothered to fight the rest of my family for time on the iPad, I've gone a totally different way and have been grooming him as an attack-oriented Mage. I'm likely to give him some time as a Chemist soon too so he can utilize the gun that I'm about to get.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #204707
Posted: 10th January 2015 17:23

Cactuar

Awards:
Edit.

Squire with a Ninja secondary.

Mark - Squire - 600 - 131 - 95 - 75
Excalibur - Guts
Escutcheon - Math Skill
Thief Hat - Damage Split
Rubber Costume - Maintenance
Feather Mantle - Move+3

Ninja.

Mark - Ninja - ? - ? - 95 - 75

Spell Edge - Throw
Spell Edge - Math Skill
Thief Hat - Damage Split
Rubber Costume - MagDef UP
Feather Mantle - Move+3

Strategies:

In groups we have no problem winning with optimal set up and playstyle. Many times we can win at high levels without Math Skill.

Single character challenges. I have Math Skill on Lightning if the solo character is outnumbered. Sometime the double Sword can win in fights alone.

This post has been edited by Eagle Caller on 25th April 2020 03:23

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #208053
Posted: 23rd October 2015 22:11
Returner

He ends up being my Math Skill user, for a few reasons:

- 97 Faith - I like casting status effects through Math Skill, so Faith is more important to me than MA. I also dislike the "warning" messages for 94-faith characters, so my Ramza's faith ends up noticeably higher than, say, my Beowulf's.

- Excalibur - and other nice equipment options.

- Level-down / level-up - Ramza's not as a good a candidate for this as Reis, but he does have the very rare combination of above-average growth in both speed and MA, so he sees gains in all stats leveling down as something as simple as Chemist.

- Early Availability - Reis has more potential, but I can be Sleep-Frogging targets for stealing and poaching with Ramza much sooner, which I like.

Early in the game, I keep him a Squire for the stat growth and spill-over JP (my other characters ditch Squire as soon as they learn Accumulate). In chapter 3 he learns magic, then levels back down to 1 in Zeklaus Desert. Every time he gets into the 30s, I level him back down.

Perhaps his most important use, however, is Cheer Up. He's also my faith adjuster. I like this style for Ramza - he's a leader and tactician, shaping his teammates with stat adjustments and the battlefield with Math Skill status effects.
Post #209745
Posted: 24th October 2015 04:54

Black Mage

Awards:
Squire, with 2 Swords or Jump, depending on the battle.

I do this for one reason, and one reason only: Scream. I've not played the PSP version, but liberal uses of Scream can turn Ramza into a buzzsaw. Give him Chaos blade and Excalibur (to parody a Buckcherry song- Hey, it's a crazy glitch but it works do good I'll just use it. And when I shred the demons and the ghosts, the pluses all on my man are really broken!") Even without the glitch, the only named character I use in the end is Agrias, so Ramza becomes this whirlwind of destruction.

--------------------
"So, are you a fan of the Fett?"

"Nah, I'm more of a Star Wars guy."
Post #209750
Posted: 4th November 2015 19:35
Returner

My Ramza

Squire
Guts
Martial Arts (mainly for Chakra and Revive)
Blade Grasp
Two Swords
Fly
Post #209783
Posted: 14th June 2018 21:03
Returner

Warning: I've stolen this setup 75% from a YouTube video made by JujuDredd. The video is titled "Final Fantasy Tactics - Steal Elmdor without letting him to play"

Equipment:
Rune Blade
Rune Blade
Thief Hat
Earth Clothes
Bracer

Skill Setup
Guts (Squire)
Math Skill
Blade Grasp
Two Swords
Move +3

I equipped this setup while trying to follow his video. What I found is that the Rune Blades extra MA made me incredibly powerful for magic. I begin almost every battle by wiping out 2-4 members of the opposing team. I don't really foresee changing this because I've been the same route as mostly everyone else travels while playing. That route being to equip Ramza with a couple Chaos Blades and the strongest armor you can find, and Punch Art or some similar skill.
Post #214949
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: