CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Chrono Trigger question (spoilers)

Posted: 12th May 2007 12:21

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
When you're in 12,000 BC, when Crono dies, what is it you do that causes the Black Omen to rise? It didn't rise in the timeline that existed before you interfered...

--------------------
Post #149822
Posted: 12th May 2007 17:44
Lunarian

Awards:
If I recall correctly, you're supposed to revive him at Death Peak (located in 2300 AD, next to the Keeper's Dome). But first you have to return to the Millennial Fair (in 1000 AD), go to Bekkler's Tent of Horrors and play a 40 point game. If you beat that mini game, you'll receive a "Crono clone", which will be at his house once you're done playing the game.

Go over to his house, talk to his mother, then take the clone and go to the Keeper's Dome in 2300 AD. Talk to a Nu there so he will get you started with climbing Death Peak. Once you go through the maze, you'll go back in time in 12,000 BC when Lavos was about to eliminate Crono.

You can then replace him with the clone and once you do that, you're back in the End of Time. Now you can have Crono on your team if you want to (you can replace him this time).

So if you do all this, the Black Omen will be available (I think). Just fly over to Melchior's Hut in 1000 AD.
Post #149826
Posted: 12th May 2007 18:53

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
I think he's actually asking why the Black Omen rises and not how to revive Crono.

--------------------
This one time I punched a bear in the forehead TO DEATH! I still have the scars on my chest. I am the manliest man that ever did man.

League: Z3roHawk
Steam: Zero_Hawk
Wii U: Zero_Hawk
FF14 - Goblin - Zero Hawk <Fiend>
Post #149827
Posted: 12th May 2007 18:56

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I was wondering that myself just the other day when I decided to play through Chrono Trigger again. I think it has to do with the prophet. He was responsible for most of the changes in that era. In a later flashback he has, you will notice that things originally happened in a different way. Such as the three guru's being present at the time when the mammon machine was activated.
Post #149828
Posted: 12th May 2007 21:02

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Quote (Zero_Hawk @ 12th May 2007 13:53)
I think he's actually asking why the Black Omen rises and not how to revive Crono.

Yep.

And wouldn't the gurus and Janus have to be there "the second time" and still go through the warp? Otherwise the timeline would change...there'd be no Magus, no Melchior to fix your Masamune, no Gaspar to guide you, no Belthasar to give you the Epoch...

--------------------
Post #149837
Posted: 13th May 2007 04:11

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
I always figured Janus and the bunch just showed up later. I mean, I sort of figured Melchior gathered the troops and marched off.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #149849
Posted: 13th May 2007 05:46

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
I thought it had to do with the underground Ocean Palace being destroyed, wasn't it?

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #149857
Posted: 13th May 2007 12:13

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Chrono Compendium made detailed timelines for both plots before and after the intervention of Crono et al.:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Lavos_Timeline.html <-- the timeline before the events of Chrono Trigger changed history.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Keystone_T-1.html <-- the revised timeline after the events of Chrono Trigger (plus some other things from either RD or CC that I really don't care about)

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #149863
Posted: 30th September 2009 09:33
Returner

Mine does the same too. I read that if you use the save file .dat from the unpatched rom with the patched rom it should work. But I didnt for me. Can anyone help?

--------------------
You easely can free movies or download movies
Post #181683
Posted: 30th September 2009 17:59

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
My first thought is that the big changes in 12,000 start with Crono breaking the Mamon Machine with the Ruby Knife. But unanswerable questions follow from that, since we don't know how the Ruby Knife became the Masamune in the old timeline. If we assume that interaction between the knife and the machine is always what creates the Masamune, then the machine always breaks. In that case we fall back on Magus. The idea that the Black Omen exists because Lavos/Zeal is pissed at Magus amuses me. biggrin.gif

The Chrono Compendium offers the explanation that Schala is the difference. If we assume that originally she warped herself and the Queen to saftey in the Ocean Palace disaster, by saving Crono and the others she leaves herself and the Queen open to Lavos' influence in a way that they hadn't previously been. This is a very tidy explanation.

It also occurs to me that on a overall scenario level the appearence of the Black Omen could be interpreted as a sort of cosmic balancing of the scales. If the world (Entity) has an agent that is virtually in all places at all times (Crono) then Lavos must also have one (Zeal/Omen). If this concept wasn't massively expanded upon in Chrono Cross I doubt it would've crossed my mind.

This post has been edited by Shiva Indis on 30th September 2009 19:42

--------------------
"Cavefish is delicious, but only if cooked."
Post #181687
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: