CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Advent Children Makes Los Angeles Debut

Posted: 6th April 2006 11:54

Group Icon
Wild 'n Wooly Shambler

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
This past Monday marked the arrival of an eager, video game enthused audience packed within the walls of the ArcLight Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, California. The occasion, to the surprise of few, was the long-awaited North American premiere of the entirely CGI-constructed DVD movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, to be precise. An engaging event both for fans who'd already seen the Japanese version and those who hadn't alike.

Although the dubbed film won't be in stores until the 25th of this month, a one and only theatrical screening of the sequel to the hit RPG was taken in by an enormous 800 person crowd. Among those gathered at the scene were several big hands in the movie's development including the group of English voice actors, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, co-directors Takeshi Nozue and Tetsuya Nomura, and producer Shinji Hashimoto.

In addition to the movie itself, the well received game trailers of the now available Kingdom Hearts II and the unspecific yet soon-to-be released Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII were shown preceding the feature presentation.

GAF's detailed overview of the screening

This post has been edited by SilverFork on 8th April 2006 10:09

--------------------
Words of Wisdom:

If something can go wrong, it will.

If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
- Murphy’s Law

Boing! Zoom! - Mr. Saturn
Post #113291
Posted: 6th April 2006 13:33

Dragoon

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Nice. Very Nice. *starts counting down the days* well 19 days away, im glad they finnaly did this.
Post #113293
Posted: 6th April 2006 14:05

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
For anyone who is looking to buy the DVD, btw, you can get it through CoN and give us that nice commission.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 6th April 2006 20:44

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #113296
Posted: 6th April 2006 15:50

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Well, the movie has debuted in a Los Angeles theater in year 2006 and it's more than forty minutes long, so I guess it's technically eligible for a 2007 Best Animated Feature Oscar. A nomination's pretty doubtful, though, because later this year, for the first time ever, Pixar, Dreamworks, and Aardman are all releasing an animated feature film in the same year. Sorry, Square.

--------------------
Post #113299
Posted: 6th April 2006 18:12

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Rangers51 @ 6th April 2006 06:05)
For anyone who is looking to buy the DVD, btw, you can get it through CoN and give us that nice commission.

Link seems to be broken.

Also, GKWorld is incredibly expensive. Amazon.com has it for nearly 10 dollars less. My link has no affiliate tag... but perhaps CoN would like to use theirs?

Although I've already preordered mine... =/

--------------------
Visions of Peace - Four Generals, One Empire, and the Returners caught in the middle.
Post #113310
Posted: 6th April 2006 19:58

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Elessar @ 6th April 2006 13:12)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 6th April 2006 06:05)

Link seems to be broken.

Also, GKWorld is incredibly expensive. Amazon.com has it for nearly 10 dollars less. My link has no affiliate tag... but perhaps CoN would like to use theirs?

Although I've already preordered mine... =/

As luck would have it, I just did that.

And for PSP:

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #113321
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: