CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
The most awesome SMW level ever.

Posted: 5th September 2007 05:01

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I stumbled on this. And, wow. This is just incredible.

The entire level plays itself. The amount of effort this must have required, even with the use of a ROM authoring toolkit like Lunar Magic, is staggering.

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #156769
Posted: 5th September 2007 06:22

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Wow, this is very nice, i like how he keeps losing yoshi, and then getting it back later tongue.gif

What tools does he use to customize levels? would any of it be freeware stuff?

--------------------
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Broccoli to die.
Post #156770
Posted: 5th September 2007 06:50

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
That really was freaking awesome

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #156771
Posted: 5th September 2007 09:49

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Oh, man, Mimic sent me that the other day. The amount of playtesting that must have taken is insane.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #156772
Posted: 5th September 2007 17:48

Black Waltz

Awards:
That was amazing, the way it was put together was pure genius. Whoever did this has alot of time on his/her hands. Thanks for sharing. thumbup.gif

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #156780
Posted: 5th September 2007 18:43

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
There are quite a few of these if you search YouTube for "Automated Mario".

The one already linked is one of the most impressive looking. I rather fancy this one, but it's terribly out of sync, so you just have to imagine how much more awesome it would be in its true form. (If anyone finds a synced version, please let me know!)
Post #156781
Posted: 5th September 2007 20:22

SOLDIER

Awards:
This dungeon also includes beating lenny along with all the madness, and madness it is!

The only flaw I saw (volume was down, I don't know about the sync), was that yoshi was used, and yoshi doesn't do dungeons and castles... but whatev, it's still pretty awesome.

--------------------
If internal struggles were as enjoyable and glamorous as the self conflicted wars within video game characters, we would all be statues, reveling in perpetual self war. -Me

Play me on Rock Band 2, GH-WT, or any other Xbox GH!
Xbox Gamertag-MeanJerry
Post #156787
Posted: 5th September 2007 22:00

Cetra

Awards:
That one is really impressive. Especially beating Lenny at the end - dunno how the randomization works in that game, but I doubt beating him was a stroke of luck. There was some planning involved.

It'd be really trippy to see an FF hack where the game plays itself. Impossible? Nothing a few conveyor belts and some VERY carefully-planned out enemy AI can't do! smile.gif

Edit: By the way, someone asked this - these are ALMOST CERTAINLY made with Lunar Magic. It's one of the better known SMW hacking tools. 'Course we all know raw, unadultered hex beats having a program hold you by the hand, if I may be a bit of an elitist for a sec there. wink.gif

This one doesn't play itself but it's cool too.

This post has been edited by Silverlance on 5th September 2007 22:13

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #156796
Posted: 6th September 2007 06:29

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Thank you SL, i agree about the Final fantasy automated machine, some enemies Berserking your characters, and some enemies using exploder would make the fights winnable.

Another thing that could be cool was gathering all these automated level into a SMW hack, with an entire world of ''playing itself'' goodness

--------------------
Post #156810
Posted: 9th September 2007 06:09

Black Waltz

Awards:
I saw alot of these a few day ago.

This is the best one, IMO. My favorite part is :38-:44, if you watch it, you'll see why.

--------------------
Post #156940
Posted: 9th September 2007 13:53

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Barrylocke @ 9th September 2007 02:09)
I saw alot of these a few day ago.

This is the best one, IMO. My favorite part is :38-:44, if you watch it, you'll see why.

The very end of that one is really hilarious, very nice.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Post #156944
Posted: 9th September 2007 17:34

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Kaizo Mario World

This forum has a discussion thread on the incredibly hard ''Kaizo Mario World'', there's even a download link to the ''lunar magic'' tool, allowing you to customize levels.

Those kaizo mario world levels sure are hard!

--------------------
Post #156946
Posted: 9th September 2007 18:08

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
Super Demo World TLC is also rather a good SMW hack, if anyone's interested. I had a lot of fun with that in 2004. No automated stuff that I remember though.
Post #156947
Posted: 15th September 2007 21:09

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
I think this one beats them all...

now if they made one for the mario theme...now THAT would be cool biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fire and steel
follow me through the lands
you will burn hordes of hell
in the deadly raging flames of revenge"

Rhapsody - Flames of Revenge
Post #157235
Posted: 16th September 2007 02:13

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Beat this. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV0xtHrb3Xc

Not technically SMW, but oh well...

--------------------
"So imagine Kefka swearing and yelling that he'll take revenge, but doing so in a way that's... somehow... polite and feminine."
Post #157244
Posted: 16th September 2007 02:37

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Uwao~! @ 15th September 2007 22:13)
Beat this. biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV0xtHrb3Xc

Not technically SMW, but oh well...

Looks like a pretty good hack, technically, but nowhere near as interesting as the automatic Mario hacks elsewhere in this thread if you ask me.

--------------------

Post #157246
Posted: 16th September 2007 16:37

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Probably not that good a hack, but that definitely earns a couple OMGWTF points there. :D

--------------------
"So imagine Kefka swearing and yelling that he'll take revenge, but doing so in a way that's... somehow... polite and feminine."
Post #157258
Posted: 17th September 2007 21:49

Black Waltz

Awards:
Quote (alphasmart @ 15th September 2007 16:09)
I think this one beats them all...

now if they made one for the mario theme...now THAT would be cool biggrin.gif

I agree with everything you say on this one. THIS is my new favorite. But a SMB theme would be even more awesome.

--------------------
Post #157322
Posted: 23rd May 2008 15:23
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Threadcromancy!

My best friend from high school sent me this. (Final Fantasy cameo around 9:30!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIRCzbBB99E

This post has been edited by karasuman on 23rd May 2008 15:24

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #167271
Posted: 23rd May 2008 15:56

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Wow, that was pretty cool, I musta missed the FF reference, but it was all pretty well put together, and the amount of time put into that musta been wayyy too long, I was getting dizzy even, thanks for that.

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Post #167274
Posted: 23rd May 2008 15:57

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Third place in the 2008 Fanfiction contest. 
That was an awesome stage, i'd sure like to play it

--------------------
Kefka's Message of the week: Get off your couch noobs and get my new game Dissidia 012
Post #167275
Posted: 23rd May 2008 16:20

Dragoon

Awards:
This was one of the most awesome youtube videos I have ever seen, I had favorited instantly. Playing it would be fun though.
Post #167277
Posted: 23rd May 2008 17:14

Black Waltz

Awards:
The video karasuman posted was amazing. It took forever to load, but it was worth it.

--------------------
"You know that feeling you get when you're on a merry go 'round, and you want to jump off to make the spinning stop, but you know it'll suck when you land? I feel like that all the time"- Keno

"I stab my girl until I fall down"
-Yukari
Do you like Horny Bunnies?
Post #167285
Posted: 1st December 2009 20:57

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
See More (Total 29)
More threadcromancy! I found this at Kotaku a few minutes ago, so you'll all no doubt have it in your inboxes soon enough yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTo-wFfIXKo

--------------------

Post #182610
Posted: 1st December 2009 21:40

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Rangers51 @ 1st December 2009 15:57)
More threadcromancy! I found this at Kotaku a few minutes ago, so you'll all no doubt have it in your inboxes soon enough yourselves:

oh my god yes

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #182611
Posted: 2nd December 2009 01:37

Climbing Marle!

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
Wow. That is the best investment of 5 minutes I have ever spent.

--------------------
Is PJ
Post #182613
Posted: 2nd December 2009 03:44

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoN European Cup fantasy game for 2011-2012. Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Second place in CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2008. 
See More (Total 9)
My life is better for having watched that video, Josh. I can't stop watching it now.

But was it on random and did they have to kill the Queen?

--------------------
Okay, but there was a goat!
Post #182614
Posted: 2nd December 2009 06:28

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (dont chocobos rule? @ 1st December 2009 21:40)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 1st December 2009 15:57)

oh my god yes

I've been multitasking - watching these videos while killing time so my damn Shroomish and Lotad will (hopefully) produce an egg in Emerald - but that video made me put down my DS, and I was smiling throughout the entire thing.

...It actually reminded me of Elite Beat Agents at a couple moments.

--------------------
EGG TOSS
YOU CARRY
EAT A BAG
LEMON-DY
HEAD SAUCE
JIM CARREY
IN A BEAR
HEAVEN PEE
DAFFY-ROTH
- brentalfloss
Post #182615
Posted: 2nd December 2009 06:49

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
That was awesome. I found myself loling at points.

Nostalgic and retro.

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #182616
Posted: 2nd December 2009 09:54

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I think my head just exploded a little after watching that video. That was amazing!!

--------------------
"My name is Atma...I am a power both ancient and unrivaled... I do not bleed, for I am but strength given form...Feeble creatures of flesh...Your time is nigh!"
Post #182623
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: