CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF9 final boss theme and FFL1 basic battle theme?

Posted: 17th November 2017 04:08

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I was listening to some miscellaneous FF series music that I haven't listened to before, and one of them was the FF9 final boss theme.

Around 1:52 into the theme a (synth-brassy?) melody comes in. Comes in again about ten seconds later. Then in another key around ten seconds after that. And then again another ten seconds later.

I was suddenly reminded of the main battle theme from Final Fantasy Legend 1 (for Game Boy, i.e. that SaGa game). Around 11 seconds into it, you have a similar-sounding melody, albeit slower.

Is this intentional or just coincidence?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #213886
Posted: 30th December 2017 01:07

Behemoth

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
This doesn't seem coincidental. Uematsu has been interviewed about the FFIX soundtrack, and has said that he took several earlier tracks from the series as inspiration. So, it's perfectly plausible that he did that with the FF Legends soundtrack.

--------------------
Post #214325
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: