CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Guild wars 2 heart of thorns review

Posted: 24th January 2017 11:29

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Guild wars 2 as you know has a choose your own beginning, which is very original for a mmo.

I started out as a necromancer asura.

There are 3 factions to choose from:

Dynamics
Statics-Me
Synergists

I am a inventor of transatmospheric converter and my advisor is zinga.

You can mention your first invention advisor etc, and you get a backstory.

Controls:Space button jumps mouse key attacks and the keybinds use abilities unlocked by leveling up.You get more and more abilities, and you can instantly switch up.One of the most original parts of this game, is how you have different abilities from different weapons.

You unlock abilities in pve in the menu and you have points to use till you unlock them from leveling, and then you can use them.In pvp:All your abilities are unlocked(Except those you didn't buy from having the expansion pack)

Quests:You get a quest by walking up to a heart symbol on the map and get a quest, then you have to complete it.Some quests are events that are random and appear when you show up.Finishing them gets you karma(another type of money used to buy stuff) regular money(Most used one) and a lot of exp.Finishing quests unlocks vendors as well.You can also get weapons armor items from quests, and the personal quests(your backstory quest) give really good items for the current quest level.

PVP:In pvp, all abilities are unlocked automatically and you enter as if you are max level.You have to use amulets and runes to get the correct stats to benefit whatever type of damage you are dealing, like:Condition damage.Pvp is fun on free to play, but you get more benefit in buying the expansion which improves your class.I think classes were nerfed to make you buy the expansion, because the expansion lines you use are weaker.

So the way it works:You know how in wow you have 3 different lines of jobs for each class? thats what its like in guild wars 2, except there are more.I think currently there are 4 combinations and you can have up to 3 at a time combined to make different types of builds, which is how they are called.

Reaper is the one for necromancer, and you turn into a reaper type thing and slash people and throw waves of cold.

Fractal:You can do arenas or capture levels in pvp or world vs world pvp.Fractal can get pretty hectic, especially since you get hit by multiple people in this game you die.Getting away is nearly impossible.Every class has what we will differentiate as:Gap openers, gap closers, cc and mobility.

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 27th January 2017 12:19

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #211992
Posted: 24th February 2017 15:28

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
So let me finish up some more:

I finished doing all my story and i started on heart of thorns.

Here is some of what i can say:

Heart of thorns instead of bringing more loot which is typical of all other mmos, it brings new abilities and new puzzles to do (jump puzzles) and also glider.

The story so far is really good, and the cinematics are quite entertaining.The actual zone is very difficult to pull off without pets, and even then:you will get absolutely destroyed.There is a enemy that looks like a frog, and it keeps blinking away stealthing summong more frogs and going full health.I have died a ton of times to these frogs.

There are different kinds of things to do as well:you still have events, and you got shovels that you can get to dig up treasure, making farming gold easier, and getting some rare ingredients for crafting armor and weapons, and airship parts, which are a kind of money.

Pve:

Fractals are good to do, but i advise to do a couple a day to not drive yourself nuts.To do anything higher than 20 will require agony resistance(a type of thing that makes damage less i think)You also will want to finish up your mastery for fractals as it gives you more treasure that is valuable, and unlocks more vendors.Also:Once you reach level 80, you have to start farming hero points to level up your special elite skill.Special elite skill is what comes with heart of thorns expansion.In my case:It is Reaper.

Raids:Haven't done any yet, so will come back to this

World bosses:You can encounter world bosses that give really cool loot.Doing so will make you get cool loot that is usually blue or green but you might get a exotic like i did(cobalt greatsword exotic from Triple trouble or TT)

PVP:I did my first rated, and boy is it hard.Rated is a lot harder because people will zerg you down if you don't know what you are doing, and unlike in some mmos, everyone has ccs and its pretty crazy getting used to.Some classes have more mobility and ccs than others and necros were hit pretty hard by the buffs to rangers and eles and mesmers in particular, because warriors mesmers are already really good in cc, and necros are immobile.

Crafting:Crafting is more simple than everquest for an example, but ingredients can be just has hard if not harder to get.You have to keep killing same low level enemies, and because the items that drop scale with your level, you will have a rather difficult time getting the right stuff.The fastest way i found out to level tailoring(because i'm a necro and we wear robes) is to make symbols which gives stats and go to the top part which is discovery and combine it with a piece of armor to discover how to craft stuff with stats.Doing so is faster than other games.I actually almost past using cotton completely because i had almost enough.

I will post more soon, thanks for hearing me out.

Oh yeah:I'm boosting a ele as a alt.My ele is lvl 21 now thanks to tomes i win from pvp and pve.

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 24th February 2017 15:31

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #212315
Posted: 30th March 2017 10:19

Crusader

Awards:
Added info to guild wars 2:

The farming of ascended is quite dull.

From what i heard:Heart of thorns added ascended armor, and you will likely want a lot of pieces before even going into fractals above tier 1 and 2.Ascended armor have agony slots, which exotic doesn't, and you need that for surviving.If you don't farm like a madman and grind this tedious daily thing, you will be ripped apart like i was in tier 4.

For farming, its advised to have living world season 3.You can farm jade and in bitterfrost which is a pain in the butt winterberries.

So far this is moving extremely slowly, and will likely take a 3 or 4 more days before i get anything from those 2 places.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #212493
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: