CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Cecil and Kain_ Fanart

Posted: 10th June 2007 19:32

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
Title: tis merely a flesh wound
Artist: PrinceofDamycan
Media: Pencils
Comment: It's been a while... I did use Amano art for references, but much of the costumes (especially Cecil's) is my own interpretation. Please, enjoy.

user posted image

--------------------
"You're so beautiful! ...You're a man...?!"
-man in Troia bar, to Cecil
Post #151208
Posted: 11th June 2007 00:43
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Well I'm officially in awe. I couldn't do that kinda detailing on threat of death.

--------------------
Post #151234
Posted: 11th June 2007 00:57

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
amazing. its great. great detail and shadowing. and i wish i could draw clothing wrinkles (or whatever you want to call them) that good.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #151241
Posted: 11th June 2007 02:37

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Great interpretation of Kain. You've nailed more or less exactly how I see him in my mind, which is pretty amazing, I should say. The only problem is that he makes Cecil look less hot, which is unacceptable.

Any chance we could get this in a higher resolution, to better drool over the detail? thumbup.gif ?

--------------------
Some ghost of me might greet my son
the day he is delivered.

Eternal Sleep, Track 1-1: The Blue Planet
Post #151263
Posted: 11th June 2007 02:52

Black Mage

Awards:
Geez. I need to draw more. D:

My skills are getting rusty and all the while this guy's pumping out fantastic FFIV arts. T__T

--------------------
"Some fight for justice. Some fight for law . . .
. . .Cecil, what will you fight for?"

~KluYa
Post #151264
Posted: 14th June 2007 04:25

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Would be nice if this was bigger, but I think the details are clear enough. This is awesome!

--------------------
Post #151374
Posted: 14th June 2007 19:08

Eli MVP?

Awards:
Truly a nice drawing all around. Nice texture, and use of shading. Plus it has a great Monty Python quote.
Post #151412
Posted: 14th June 2007 19:19
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Kain looks hot, but Cecil's posture seems a little wooden. Otherwise, I love this. I hope you continue to post more fanart here! smile.gif

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #151415
Posted: 14th June 2007 21:10

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Agree with Karasuman, both drawings are plain awesome, though you could improve Cecil abit (just trying to be constructive, i couldn't draw anything near as pretty as this)

--------------------
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Broccoli to die.
Post #151428
Posted: 15th June 2007 23:14
Lunarian

Awards:
Nice job, I'm also astounded by the in-depth detail and quality of the artwork. I really like the way you gave Kain a "quiet and dark" emotion (If only you drew his dragon helmet).

But yeah, it's pretty good. But I think Cecil could use some more work. Standalone with just Kain, it's completely flawless. Keep it up.
Post #151490
Posted: 23rd June 2007 00:25

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 10)
This is very impressive. Me thinks I need better materials. Your lines seem very crisp and clean. I'm wondering what type of paper and utensils you are using.

--------------------
-- You're Gonna Carry That Weight --
Post #151868
Posted: 30th June 2007 07:51

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
I'm going to forgo my usual indepth analysis of the art and agree with L. Cully.

"The only problem is that he makes Cecil look less hot, which is unacceptable."

MORE HAWT CECIL

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #152258
Posted: 30th June 2007 13:52

Cetra

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Wow. Kain is superbe. Very nice armor and I love the shading on the speartip. Is this inked? If not, it should be. If it is, though, it's a little on the pale side; just a touch too pale, IMO.

Others have said this before, but Cecil looks a bit stiff, like he's more of a background object than a character. There's something a little odd about his arm and hand, too. And his sword looks like a needle - give that blade some girth man! smile.gif

Frankly, I could never hope to draw anything like that. And for that, I respect you. You have a lot of talent.

--------------------
"Judge not a man by his thoughts and words, but by
the quality and quantity of liquor in his possession
and the likelyhood of him sharing."
Post #152262
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: