CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Something wicked going on with submissions...

Posted: 7th May 2010 00:02

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Hey guys,
I'm having trouble accessing the submission page. Once IE8 opens the submit.php address, it all of a sudden skips right to an error message of no escape. There's nothing wrong with my connection, so this seemed totally bizarre, and I've submitted before so this is totally new.

Any suggestions?

p.s. Another thing: how would I be able to customize my thumbnail? So far, no image in the customizer appears, and it's getting too silly posting a new pic revealing the whole thing in preview pinch.gif Thanks peeps!

--------------------
Mutherf***er suplexed a train! :D
Post #185456
Posted: 7th May 2010 00:48

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Well, my first suggestion is to not use IE8. smile.gif

Seriously, though, I haven't seen anything like this. Can you tell me what the error message is? I'll see if I can replicate in IE8 once I'm back on my work PC tomorrow.

With regards to the thumbnailer, I haven't heard of any issues with this unless you have Javascript turned off in your browser. Javascript is required to use that feature.

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 7th May 2010 00:50

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #185459
Posted: 7th May 2010 13:32

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
OK, I can confirm the issue with IE8, but only on CoN prime, not our super-magical testing development server. So that's REALLY odd. I'll see if I can locate any differences between the two files if I have time today around my work schedule.

Yeah, I found the problem, there was a hiccup in some upload I did to that file God knows how long ago. Funny that it only impacted IE8, though.

Now, for the thumbnail selector, it seems fine for me too. Once I click "manual selection" I'm able to drag and drop and resize the box as I wish, so I'm back to thinking that maybe you might have JS turned off?

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 7th May 2010 13:56

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #185466
Posted: 9th May 2010 23:14

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
lol, honestly IE8 sucks, but I can't find any other agreeable browser that either doesn't eat up all my RAM or test my patience! I posted for now, but I'm gonna try another browser and see the results, 'cause even though I turned on Java Scripts the thumbnail creator won't view my image...ugh...

Thanks for getting back to me Rangers51! Also, if you do see two identical submissions awaiting approval, go for the one without a full-view icon wink.gif

--------------------
Mutherf***er suplexed a train! :D
Post #185511
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: