CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
The little things...

Posted: 10th December 2010 19:56

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Did anyone have any favourite moments in final fantasy VII that you usually dont talk about? just little moments, not things like the graphics, or general gameplay.

For example, one of my favourite little things is when Yuffie tries to get Cloud to give her the materia.

Yuffie- Sign here, its just a legally binding contract that says you'll give me all the materia after this is over.

Cloud- I'm not even going to read this.

Post #190907
Posted: 10th December 2010 20:43

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Possible spoilers: highlight to view
Escaping from Junon and watching the cannon take out Sapphire weapon is one of my favorite scenes in the game.

--------------------
Wha? Thanks to me?
Post #190909
Posted: 10th December 2010 21:14

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I absolutely love the snow boarding game. My friend came over one night and we played that snow boarding game ALL NIGHT, trying to beat each other's times. We took turns and played for hours. I used to have a Mad Catz controller that let me use the analog stick, despite FF7 not being compatible with analog. smile.gif
Post #190912
Posted: 11th December 2010 04:03

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Quote (AlphaMart @ 10th December 2010 15:56)
For example, one of my favourite little things is when Yuffie tries to get Cloud to give her the materia.

Yuffie- Sign here, its just a legally binding contract that says you'll give me all the materia after this is over.

Oh gosh, I laughed at this one so much when I first read it.

I feel a bit bad, as this is the kind of thread I usually have a lot to say in. But, for whatever reason, I can't seem to recall my favorites from FFVII. I blame the excessive amounts of tea and finals studying.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #190952
Posted: 11th December 2010 04:22

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Quote (Krisp @ 10th December 2010 13:14)
I absolutely love the snow boarding game. My friend came over one night and we played that snow boarding game ALL NIGHT, trying to beat each other's times. We took turns and played for hours. I used to have a Mad Catz controller that let me use the analog stick, despite FF7 not being compatible with analog. smile.gif

Oh my god, YES. I still think that the snowboarding minigame is better than any full snowboarding game on any system. I spent SO much time on that.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
In the night there is something wild
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #190953
Posted: 11th December 2010 10:56

Onion Knight

Awards:
For me its the motorbike game, its just a great concept for a mini-game, and only cloud could pull it off.

Minigame i didnt like- Mog's house.
Post #190960
Posted: 27th December 2010 23:12

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Hmmm my favourite little moment(s) of FFVII?...

The size of the highwind in relation to a chocobo or a town - I mean really one chocobo alone could crush the any town in the game. I find that amusing happy.gif

The fact that Yuffie feels sick everytime she goes on the Highwind or the ship from Junon to the Costa Del Sol, that there's always one who gets sick, it's interesting that they thought of that. (Apart from Cloud obviously, but he gets over that right?) I mean not everyone travels well! Interesting that it's Yuffie don't you think?

I liked the escape from Midgar in disc one - Cloud on his motorbike and the others in the truck and everything. smile.gif

I can't think of anything else now, I'll probably think of something later. smile.gif

This post has been edited by FinalFantasyAoibh on 21st July 2011 00:06

--------------------
"Please don't give me all my luck now. Make it all stretch. I don't mind waiting. Make it stretch for 70 years. "
Robert Pattinson

"You just don't get it do you? There's not a thing I don't cherish!"
Cloud Strife, FFVII: AC

Games Complete: FFVII, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, FFVIII, FFXII, FFXIII, FFXIII-2
Post #191596
Posted: 28th December 2010 00:12

Crusader

Awards:
Anything with the Turks is solid gold in my book, especially the "Who do you like" scene.

And I still laugh at cloud shrugging in the Shinra grunt uniform qith the rifle upright biggrin.gif

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #191599
Posted: 28th December 2010 23:01

Behemoth

Awards:
I love that scene with Aeris and Cloud at the beginning, on top of the slide. So sweet and sentimental. It helped me get into their characters.

--------------------
Post #191641
Posted: 1st January 2011 10:49

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Third place in CoNCAA, 2013. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Winner of CoN Barclay's Premier League fantasy game for 2010-2011. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 11)
I liked a lot of the writing in the game. Bits like 'Daddy your whiskers hurt' are all very memorable. Aside from the main story there are some great speeches by characters and NPCs when spoken to. I liked Cid's chat about the Loveless play and how he falls asleep. Also I liked when Barret says that none of the story makes sense in Kalm and basically leaves to avoid it. Speaking of Barret, I like the way you can skip the materia tutorial by telling Barret he wouldn't understand even if Cloud were to tell him.

One part that sticks with me is the whole of the Wall Market as well. It's such a great little addition to the story. It never feels like you're getting distracted from the main plot, which in other games I sometimes find frustrating, yet it is a change from the normal running, fighting and finding. Also I like how if you spend enough time with it the Don will pick Cloud and there will be an extra scene unlocked.

--------------------
Scepticism, that dry rot of the intellect, had not left one entire idea in his mind.

Me on the Starcraft.
Post #191733
Posted: 1st January 2011 21:08

Behemoth

Awards:
I enjoy the writing too, but even more than that is the interplay between the characters. The only game with stronger interplay like that is IX, IMO. I love the scene on the stairs. It's fantastic.

--------------------
Post #191742
Posted: 31st March 2011 20:04

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
The little dance your chocobo does when you go in to see it in the Highwind haha it's weird!

--------------------
"Please don't give me all my luck now. Make it all stretch. I don't mind waiting. Make it stretch for 70 years. "
Robert Pattinson

Games Complete: FFVII, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, FFVIII, FFXII, FFXIII, FFXIII-2
Post #193920
Posted: 22nd April 2011 12:20

Engineer

Awards:
''There ain't no gettin offa this train we're on!'' -Barrett

I'm surprised no-ones gone for this - Weapon awakes - when they all go flying off and the team barely gets out of the northern crater in one piece.

Getting through the cave of the GI with Red XIII I always find that scene very moving
when Seto's tears start dropping and Red XIII howls

The Turks when you bump into them in Gongaga and Wutai especially. When Reno and Rude are talking about who likes who and when they just completely ignore you in Wutai when you are hunting Yuffie - then they end up helping you out.

The Don! So funny if you can spare the time to make Cloud hot enough to get picked and then just go along with the Don's advances until Tifa bursts in paha!

I could go on - brilliant game.
Post #194347
Posted: 26th April 2011 03:15

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
A lot of good scenes come flooding back, reading all these replies.

For me, I know there're many, but at the moment, I can only recall two readily:

When Cloud and Aeris first meet. I just really like the coyness of that moment. Also, when I was younger, I had a habit of naming the leading ladies in my games after my crushes at the time, so it added that extra element of sweetness to most of those scenes. But yeah, the meeting in the church was a sweet and touching start to their relationship.

Hojo on the beach. Really, is there anything else to say about that? Hojo on the beach.

Oh! Just remembered another! "Big Bro's punches cut to the bone!" or something like that. In the Wall Market gym. My friends and I used to laugh over that line each time we recalled it in all its silliness.

--------------------
Games on the Go
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light
Baldur's Gate

Too much to play, so little time!

Greg
Post #194431
Posted: 21st July 2011 00:13

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
There are lots of good quotes from this game! Two of the scenes/quotes that stands out to me right now are:

Cloud: "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry... or get angry... What about us... what are WE supposed to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning! " A very poignant scene for obvious reasons, but Cloud's speech is very moving.

and

Reno talking to Cloud in Wutai "Looking at you is making me sober" ahhahaha brilliant!!!

--------------------
Robert Pattinson

Post #196005
Posted: 21st July 2011 00:50

Black Mage

Awards:
Uh? I thought the English version of FF VII was crappy translated as well or am I wrong there?
Or are just single "FF-terms" translated miserably?

The German translation version sucks pretty much.

This post has been edited by Bas on 21st July 2011 00:51
Post #196007
Posted: 21st July 2011 14:23

Engineer

Awards:
Third place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributor to the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 14)
Quote (Bas @ 21st July 2011 00:50)
Uh? I thought the English version of FF VII was crappy translated as well or am I wrong there?

The German translation version sucks pretty much.

There's moments with obvious mistranslations ("This guy are sick" being one of these) but, on the whole, there's nothing majorly wrong with the translation.
Post #196019
Posted: 21st July 2011 21:07

Onion Knight

Awards:
My favorite FFVII moment would have to be fighting and finding the Weapons.Because once you found them you have a chance to beat them and or die.Which ever happens first.If you havnt made it this far in the game (SPOILER!!)Once Aeris dies Vincent goes up to her with his leg up in the air walks to Cloud and kicks him in the balls and walks away (SPOILER!!)

This post has been edited by KasperNinja on 21st July 2011 21:12
Post #196030
Posted: 21st July 2011 22:23
Onion Knight

Awards:
Quote (Cefca @ 21st July 2011 14:23)
Quote (Bas @ 21st July 2011 00:50)

The German  translation version sucks pretty much.

There's moments with obvious mistranslations ("This guy are sick" being one of these) but, on the whole, there's nothing majorly wrong with the translation.

Definitely noticeably worse than FF6 though.
Post #196037
Posted: 21st July 2011 23:39

Returner

I always name RedXIII Nanaki from the beginning so that when you get to Cosmo Canyon, theyre already calling him "Nanaki". So cloud asks "Who is Nanaki?" And the man says, "Nanaki is Nanaki!" Ha. I always picture cloud shrugging like "wtf?" after that. Ah, the little things.

I also love kicking the ball at him in Costa del sol, always got a laugh out of that. flag-olly.gif

--------------------
Signature.
Post #196039
Posted: 31st July 2011 19:09

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Death Penalty @ 11th December 2010 05:03)
Quote (AlphaMart @ 10th December 2010 15:56)

Oh gosh, I laughed at this one so much when I first read it.

I feel a bit bad, as this is the kind of thread I usually have a lot to say in. But, for whatever reason, I can't seem to recall my favorites from FFVII. I blame the excessive amounts of tea and finals studying.

How about slapping Scarlet off of the Sister Ray?

That was the best part of the game. :3
Post #196407
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: