CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Another interesting tidbit.

Posted: 30th July 2002 19:08
Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I've recently been poking around BBC computer game news archives, and found a few interesting things, the following included:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1899420.stm

'x_x'

Reactions?  Isn't it kind of appalling?  That a FAKE country can make more money than a real one?  Kind of gives you a look at how much rich nations prosper, that we can create our own countries that make more money than the real ones.  Wow.  ':shakeshead:'

--------------------
I close my mouth now and I scream,
Open the door, there's nothing worth redeeming
I saw your face before in rough,
You should wait around a while, your body's bound to turn up.
So low for how high?
-Matt Good, "Running for Home"
Post #335
Posted: 1st August 2002 17:02

Crusader

Awards:
Very very weird. Yet it makes sense. Online video games are taking over people's lives. Poor Bulgaria.

--------------------
Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting down at the aquarium, Chief.
Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Wiggum: Let's roll.
Post #432
Posted: 1st August 2002 19:21
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Many computer games designers predict that as computer processing powers improve virtual economies will play a bigger part in the real world stakes.

Oh man that's a scary thought...

--------------------
Post #435
Posted: 1st August 2002 19:37

Kung Foogle

Awards:
Second place in CoNCAA, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2017. Third place in CoNCAA, 2016. Second place in CoNCAA, 2013. 
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. First place in CoNCAA, 2005. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
I can only assume that this whole fiasco will slowly spiral down into a future where we do nothing but measure the economies, society, and historical development of fake countries, as opposed to actually attempting to participate in the actual physical environment.  ';)'

Seriously, though, that is quite interesting.  A bit disturbing, as well.

--------------------
"I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking."
~Dorothy L. Sayers

"The truly remarkable thing about television is that it allows several million people to laugh at the same joke and still feel lonely."
~T.S. Eliot

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality - in your own mind!"
~ Bruce Lee
Post #442
Posted: 1st August 2002 19:52

Black Mage

Awards:
Quote (Jlombardi13 @ 1 Aug. 2002, 12:02)
Very very weird. Yet it makes sense. Online video games are taking over people's lives. Poor Bulgaria.

At least they are to poor to buy a computer and find out how crappy they have it. Seriously though that shows you how messed up some people have their priorities.

--------------------
What would Zorro do?-Homer Simpson
Post #449
Posted: 2nd August 2002 02:55

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Contributed to the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Contributed to the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
That's... amusing.
Post #468
Posted: 2nd August 2002 08:49

Lunarian

Awards:
Everquest told me to nuke them! Everquest bought the illeagal weapons! Everquest is coming some day! Their funny looking magic...thingies will rule you like a king bwahahaha! ::Knowingly spamming here::

Anywho, I think that's funny. I think that they should be taxed for it hehehe....
The Everquest tax.

--------------------
At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
Post #493
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: