CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy 5 Single Class Challenge

Posted: 16th November 2011 04:48
Returner

After WAAAY too long, I will try to breathe some life back into this forum. I lost all my data for my Red Mage Challenge, but I'm going to give it another go.
Post #198142
Posted: 12th April 2012 05:13

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
After 3 years, I'm finally getting back into this as well. I happened to notice this thread after coming here to do some research on the catch/releases for the monster trainers. I am currently halfway getting all 22 scc's, the solo white mage, and the solo berserker past Fork Tower.

I managed to get the solo white mage past fork tower without leveling a second white mage. I think it looks cleaner with only 1 leveled up. I had one level 3 character face omniscient. I used the standard wall/reflect ring and maintaining wall/reflect on omniscient after the initial dispel. But I bounced shell off omniscient to reduce the chance of drain being successful since it would kill the white mage.

There are no monster catch/releases that cause berserk? I guess the monster trainers are going to have to do Omniscient the hard way.

Edit: It doesn't matter. A release that does Breath Wind does half of Omniscient's Max HP because he is weak against wind. So once the magemasher knife does its thing, the other 2 characters release and that's the battle. I guess taking 2 characters to Omniscient would work too, but it would take 2 magemasher mutes. But it would make Minotauros a bit easier.

This post has been edited by dunnius on 14th April 2012 07:03
Post #199996
Posted: 20th June 2014 01:44
Returner

Finished this a few years ago, but just got back into FFV recently. I feel like the video of a triumphant solo Berserker should be posted here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtXNPuTpja0

Without frame skip and automating the walk up to Exdeath, this could have taken a solid twenty years before a win, hah.
Post #207127
Posted: 30th July 2014 21:20

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Hoooly crap.

Are some damage numbers not appearing properly in the video or does reflected Fire 3 not damage Neo-Exdeath properly sometimes?

And why does your character raise arms to attack sometimes and swing hammer to attack sometimes but seems to produce an earthquake every time?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #207303
Posted: 15th September 2014 03:16

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
X-Death has multiple "parts" to his body so sometimes reflected spells or X-Fight will hit a part that is already dead and not do damage.
Post #207452
Posted: 13th October 2014 08:19

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Feels plausible with a high enough level. Depends if you want to metagame or not. To beat X-Death with the fight command of any kind you can write all the attack damage down on the last two parts. Then pause to tally the damage. Though I don't know why I would want to go through unnecessary work. tongue.gif

--------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greatermaxim

Terra - LV 99 - HP 9999 - MP 999

Equipment - - - Abilities

Illumina - - - - - Fight
Genji Shield - - Morph
Oath Veil - - - - Magic
Minerva - - - - - Item
Ribbon
Economizer
Post #207548
Posted: 26th October 2014 13:48

Group Icon
Lunarian

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Member of more than five years. 
@GMH:

The Super Famicom game gives Neo Exdeath two dummy target along with its four 'normal' targets. These two dummy targets cannot be manually selected and will never take damage. Any attack that randomly selects a target, such as !Rapid Fire or reflected spells, has a chance to strike a dummy target. Animations will play, but nothing will happen.

The Berserker in the video holds a Gaia Hammer, a weapon that has a 25% chance to use an Earthquake attack instead of a physical attack. Earthquake is an MT Earth-elemental spell.

The ridiculous damage output caused by Earthquake is due to a bug. The Berserker in the video is equipped with a Thornlet. Paired with the Berserker's extremely low Magic stat and the Thornlet's -5 penalty on it, this Berserker's Magic stat is set to -2. You'd think that the game would make that 0, but instead the game thinks the character's Magic stat is 253.

--------------------
Post #207594
Posted: 31st October 2014 02:43

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
Quote (Djibriel @ 26th October 2014 08:48)
The Super Famicom game gives Neo Exdeath two dummy target along with its four 'normal' targets. These two dummy targets cannot be manually selected and will never take damage. Any attack that randomly selects a target, such as !Rapid Fire or reflected spells, has a chance to strike a dummy target. Animations will play, but nothing will happen.

I...never thought about that as a possibility.

Holy crap, that opens up a bunch of new ideas in my head for puzzle bosses in JRPGs.

That is really cool.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #207618
Posted: 31st October 2014 18:15

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Quote (Djibriel @ 26th October 2014 13:48)
@GMH:
The ridiculous damage output caused by Earthquake is due to a bug. The Berserker in the video is equipped with a Thornlet. Paired with the Berserker's extremely low Magic stat and the Thornlet's -5 penalty on it, this Berserker's Magic stat is set to -2. You'd think that the game would make that 0, but instead the game thinks the character's Magic stat is 253.

Ah, I didn't know that. That changes the berserkers and solo berserkers strategy a bit.
Post #207624
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: