CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
What games are you playing at the moment?

Posted: 17th January 2017 14:19

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 30th December 2016 08:52)
The RPG mode they put into this year's edition is surprisingly good, if not a little predictable in terms of the basic story, and it's the first FIFA I've had in many years that made me catch myself saying "OK, I guess one more game before bed..."

Of course, it won't mean anything to anyone who isn't already a soccer fan or has an interest in understanding a bit more about how top-level soccer leagues work, but for those people it's a neat layer of gameplay over the top of the basic features already integrated in the game.

And then I found out that said RPG mode is only for one season, and any loose ends that get foreshadowed or explicitly created just don't get tied up. The reward ends up being that you get your PC, Alex Hunter, created as an available player in FIFA Ultimate Team with his final stats "to continue his journey." It's a bit of a letdown.

I've moved onto FF15 for now but I'm struggling to get started so far. The UI for actually interacting with the world just doesn't feel intuitive, and it's dragging me down.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #211934
Posted: 17th January 2017 20:33

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
My Christmas vacation was late (January 2nd through 9th) so I had to take a break from XV while I was in Kansas City. I ended up playing Shadow of Mordor and This War of Mine: The Little Ones while I was down there. Both where pretty fun.
Shadow of Mordor is going to fun for any of you who play the Batman Arkham series for the game play. It is only optional to be knowledgeable of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy as the games story doesn't fall apart if you know little about those.

This War of Mine: The Little Ones is a very cool little game. You play as civilians that are stuck in a ruined city that is the center of a bloody war. You have to scavenge for resources at night and try and build up your shelters commodities and fortifications during the day. And, in some campaigns, take care of a young child as well. This game can get very dark and force to see some very sad things (especially if you're a trophy hunter like me. There is a trophy for getting a child into a broken mental state (a suicidal level of depression) then help them recover from it. I HATED doing that (I've already platted this game btw). Seeing this kind of stuff helps remind me of how lucky we are to not have to experience events like this and how important it is to be a good person in tough times.

Anyways. I gotta get back to XV to finish the fishing guide now that my long week at work is over. Hoping to have that written up by the end of this weekend. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I HAVE posted the 17 locations I have completed. I just do not have the five Vesperpool locations and the three Altissia locations.

This post has been edited by TrueBOSS on 18th January 2017 00:53

--------------------
He's Back. He is The_TrueBOSS.
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #211939
Posted: 18th January 2017 19:59

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
For some reason I'm now playing Castle in the Darkness's New Game + mode.

It lets me play as a secret character and now I'm going around the entire game as that secret character.

There's also various other curiosities and goodies and humorous nonsense (e.g. the NPC who asks if you'll pay 100 gold for a full moon, and if you do, turns around and takes off his pants).

This game is good for gaming a few minutes at a time.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #211959
Posted: 18th January 2017 23:21

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Contributed to the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
See More (Total 10)
Quote (Rangers51 @ 1st December 2016 12:07)
Continuing my backlog quest, I've been playing the 2013 Tomb Raider a lot recently.

That said, though, I've had a blast with it so far and I'm only at 52% completion. I liked it enough that it helped pushed me over the edge on buying my PS4 because the bundle I got has the sequel packed in.

I need to get around to finishing that game. I thought it was pretty decent. I never did play the original games so I can't compare my experiences (although on steam I bought the whole series, from beginning to the 2013 title).

--------------------
kame, tortue, tortuga, schildkröte, tartaruga, turtle

"Arthur Dent?"
"Yes."
"Arthur Philip Dent?"
"Yes."
"You're a total knee biter."
Post #211961
Posted: 19th January 2017 16:28

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Recently finished The Last Guardian. Good fun, not quite as impressive as the two games that came before it but it was worth the time.

Now I've started FFF15. I've put a few hours in so far, my wife has been watching the progress so far, she's commented that everything's that is happening between the plot and what the characters are doing doesn't fit particularly well. The main characters seem interesting enough but as to the actual plot, it all seems pretty vague. It's all a bit, "Really bad stuff is happening but we won't bore you with the details, just enjoy your camping trip and grab some rare weapons and stuff while you're out there."
Pretty strange but I am enjoying it despite that.

--------------------
'Let that be a lesson to all oppressive vegetable sellers.'
Post #211968
Posted: 20th January 2017 07:28

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
I've now beaten Castle in the Darkness's New Game + mode, 100%.

I've even beaten all the bosses using the Frog costume. And I found the Frog epilogue.

And that actually netted me 100% of the Steam achievements as well.

So I think I'm now officially done with this game.

There are a couple more extras I haven't gotten, including one that involves playing half the game without taking damage (though you can save and reload thankfully). I don't think I care enough to get it.

*marks it completed*

Meanwhile I've been in the mood for a JRPG so I've finally gotten back to Trails in the Sky. And finally finished the Prologue.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #211976
Posted: 25th January 2017 20:24

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Played XV long enough to finish the fishing guide (btw, the whole thing will be up soon if it isn't already)
I am playing Paper Mario the thousand year door again. The game grumps are playing it right now as suck at. which makes me want to play it because I don't suck at it. tongue.gif

--------------------
Check me and my partners out at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueBOSSofJupiter
Post #212008
Posted: 2nd March 2017 22:01

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I am playing Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers, Final Fantasy VI and Nioh.
Post #212350
Posted: 3rd March 2017 18:11

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I'm playing "stare at the Wii home menu while I listen to work songs"

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #212352
Posted: 3rd March 2017 20:44

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
I started keeping a list of currently-playing games on my Steam profile.

Here's what it says right now.

[PSP] Jeanne d'Arc (arrived in Orléans)
[PC] Titan Souls (15 defeated; currently facing the double)
[PC] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Bose chapter complete)
[DS] Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled (arrived in Melmoth Sands, heading to Genufa)
[PC] 100% Orange Juice (free play and dabbling with Extreme diffculty)
[PC] Team Fortress 2 (free play)

The past week or so I haven't done any gaming though, aside from a few rounds of Minesweeper.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #212354
Posted: 3rd March 2017 22:08

SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Had a second playthrough of Wolfenstein The New Order, excellent game.
Got through the Titanfall 2 campaign in a day. Short but sweet. Now I'm playing Resident Evil 7, creepy but thankfully not as terrifying as I thought it might be. Still a fair bit to go mind you.

--------------------
'Let that be a lesson to all oppressive vegetable sellers.'
Post #212355
Posted: 4th March 2017 03:18
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Just finished my first NG+ of Bloodborne and am reaching the end game mission-wise for my second run of GTAV.

BB's gonna be done for the time being. I've pretty much explored it to its completion and at this point a new run would merely be there to try out the other weapons I've beefed from my last run...or see what else I can find mucking around those chalice dungeons, which I honestly haven't been making the most of.

As for GTA, I'm basically rushing through the missions in order to get to the last heist with the massive payout and then do all of the Lester missions. For those not in the know, the game has a stock market that these specific set of missions are used to manipulate. If you wait until you've gotten all your payouts from the heist missions, I'm told you can put your mates over the billion mark. After that, I can do a massive property purchase run and just...

user posted image

--------------------
Post #212357
Posted: 13th March 2017 08:27

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
Wow. Inescapable has certainly been...an experience.

This game seems to have a terrible review score on Steam, but 2D platformers with an exploration focus are my thing, and I had the game in my library, so I tried it out anyway. Besides, it's just 3 MB in size.

It did not disappoint me. I just finished this game. I enjoyed this game...well, as much as "enjoying" is a word applicable to a pretty darn tense horror game. And yeah, it's not tagged Horror but I'd call this a horror game. I guess that's the only vaguely spoilery thing I'll tell you.

Sure, the game is something that you can finish in an evening, and there's no replay value besides speedrunning it, but...this was like watching a movie that leaves you with a lot to think about. In a good way.

Incidentally, I'm usually really into game music, but this game completely lacks music. But I'm also into the atmospheric "feel" of in-game environs...and despite (or due to?) the lack of music, this game delivers its sense of atmosphere quite effectively. So I didn't mind the silence. It just made the experience that much more striking. (This was somewhat reminiscent of this other exploration horror platformer called Holdover.)

A few technical/design comments:
* There's one place where you can potentially get yourself stuck in a nook behind a door you can't open. Not very good design, but you can easily reset the room by quitting and continuing from the autosave, which takes less than 10 seconds. The game autosaves every time you enter a room. So try it again and do something more clever.
* When you enter another room (i.e. a screen transition), and you're still standing in the doorway, you can't re-leave the room. You have to step a little bit out of the doorway in order to go back whence you came.
* The game BSOD'd my computer (Win8.1), the first time I closed it after finishing it. Given what happened in the story, though...it felt fitting. Heh. But when I tried closing it a few more times, including after re-finishing the game, it didn't crash again. I can't replicate this. Spooky...

(this text was cross-posted to Steam as a review, and to It Just Bugs Me! as a forum post)

This post has been edited by Glenn Magus Harvey on 13th March 2017 08:31

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #212398
Posted: 1st April 2017 12:12

Cactuar

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
I had been playing Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I just beat it last night.

Very fun, yet frustrating game. Just like the original. But in a completely different way.

It's a faithful remake. My only complaint is that they didn't also remake Tomb Raider II with this same engine.

8/10

--------------------
Post #212502
Posted: 1st April 2017 22:54

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Hearing of all the shortcomings of Mass Effect Andromeda has disheartened me, but it's also gotten me to start a new game of OG Mass Effect. After that, I might even play ME2, which I haven't considered in five years.

--------------------
Post #212506
Posted: 8th April 2017 03:38
Behemoth

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
First place in the 2008  Has more than fifty fanarts in CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Went and got myself back into New Vegas and while its still a struggle to deal with on a certain level, it's opened itself waaaaay up since I grabbed the Ratslayer and removed the weight limit via console command. Been popping in a couple hours every other night or so and only just now remembered that these games have radio stations with old timeys you can listen to!

user posted image

With a notably limited tracklist to go through the rotation. *click*

--------------------
Post #212531
Posted: 9th April 2017 20:35

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
I actually started playing dragon age inquisition 3 days ago, and i started reviewing it.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #212534
Posted: 12th April 2017 00:44

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
went back and platted Shadow Of Mordor. Lol, I was literally 20 minutes away from platting it back in january but it took me until april to put in that last 20 minutes tongue.gif.

Decided it was time for my 4th run through Tales of Symphonia (This one being my Zelos run)
Damn, getting him in Flanoir is important to his story. This run FINALLY answered some questions I've always had about his character story. Now I only have 1 playthrough left until I've platted it.
(That being my Genis & Regal run. With the only thing stopping me from plat are a costume title for Genis, Presea, and Regal. And, since I've never cared for Regal and could care even less for doing a whole 6th playthrough just to keep his Duke title, I'm just going to go with Regal long enough for his trophy to pop then hop back to before Flanoir and get Genis & Presea titles/trophies)
I'm also still trickling in a few minutes towards Godzilla (2014) and Dragonball Xenoverse. Godzilla for the plat (I have to fully evolve ALL the monsters). Xenoverse for the DLC moves (I only need only trophies for the plat but I want to make an all ultimates video for MOJTV so DLC ultimates, here I come)

--------------------
Post #212541
Posted: 14th April 2017 15:11

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
See More (Total 9)
At some point within the past month or two, Blinge started talking to me about Mega Man X2 so I just picked it up again and beat it, 100%ing it.

--------------------
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.

Post #212560
Posted: 14th April 2017 21:19

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
I am out of emotional energy to invest in the immersion a game requires...taking a break.

--------------------
X is blue.
Post #212563
Posted: 15th April 2017 22:53

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Glenn Magus Harvey @ 14th April 2017 10:11)
At some point within the past month or two, Blinge started talking to me about Mega Man X2 so I just picked it up again and beat it, 100%ing it.

Hmm. You know, the original Mega Man X is one of my favorite games, ever.

But I do not like X2 or X3 at all.

Mega Man X4 is a fantastic game, and the first time you get to play Zero as a fully playable character. I love Mega Man X4, and consider it to be the best in the X series.

But then, X5 and X6 were trash, too. X7 was terrible.

Then there's Mega Man X8. Possibly the most over-looked game in the entire series. It's a great game. Very fun and it was right up there with X and X4, IMO.

As for what I'm playing, I finally beat Tomb Raider Anniversary, stared Fallout New Vegas again, and found a fan-made mod for it called Project Brazil which is fantastic.

Stared Oblivion, Krai Mira, KOTOR II restored content and Fallout 2.

--------------------
Post #212570
Posted: 17th April 2017 00:40

Chimera

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 12)
Mass Effect 2, for which I now have a greater appreciation. Although I'm still not wild about how squadmate-centric the missions were, or the extent to which the gameplay was streamlined from ME1, ME2 clearly has the best writing and cast of characters in the series.

--------------------
Post #212574
Posted: 17th April 2017 04:58

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Been playing the *$!& out of Persona 5. I'm not sure I'm quite as attached to this game's characters as I was to those in P3 or P4, but HOLY CRAP is this game slick and stylish. It makes a lot of cool changes to the PS2 Persona formula and I think I'll want to replay this game for a platinum trophy shortly after finishing it. And it's a 100-hour monster of a game to boot. Currently saved at the very beginning of the sixth dungeon (or Palace), of which I believe there are eight in the game.

--------------------
Post #212575
Posted: 16th July 2017 03:40

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
wow, last time I posted here i was still playing Tales of Symphonia. It's been awhile.
Well I finally allowed myself to play Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. (the game itself was good (not great but no where near as bad as the next game on this list).
It was actually a good sequel. The game was way better than I expected and definitely deserves a try if anyone liked the first game. I offer two warning though.
First. The game starts out with a harsh reveal and the main protag starts out as a wienie but this was intentional and the game does do justice with both of these things.
Second. They changed EVERY SINGLE voice actor from the first game (most of them have the voices of Bleach characters now). Some where bad (looking at you Lloyd... yumichika's voice just doesn't work for you. Go back to Robin!), some where pretty good (rangiku's voice worked for Sheena although I still prefer fem shep's voice actor), and some where hilarious (Presea has Jenny the Teenage Robot's voice now tongue.gif)

Anyways, I then continues my tales of fever with tales of Xillia 2.....
This was not a good game. They differently tried and I got some joy out of it but bad decisions they made ruined the game. I mean why the heck would you wait until your LAST PS3 title to have a SILENT PROTAG!!!!! This really hurts Ludger's character who fails to ever really become as interesting as Jude or Milla from the first tales of Xilia. Also, Elle is annoying.
I did enjoy the return of the affection gauges (although they don't appear to do as much as they did in Tales of Symphonia) and I found the fact that you're 2 MILLION GALD IN DEBT and you actually have to actively make payment towards it a refreshing and interesting way to keep you working on making money (although it got annoying when the plot would literally stop to wait for you to grind out enough money to make a payment...)

I ended up moving onto Stardew Valley. Long story short. If you like games like Harvest Moon. This games amazing. If not, give this one a pass. I love the character development.

I then moved onto replaying my PS4 releases of The Last of Us and GTA V.

Now I'm playing Mafia 3. This games a massive disappointment. I believe Mafia 2 was a great game that is definitely worth playing if you like good stories. Mafia 3 is just an ok game. They gutted the hell out of the Mafia 2 formula and gave us a bare bones character, plot, and gameplay. For some reason this game is praised for showing what is was like to be a minority in New Orleans during the 60's and I call BS on that. The place where this would have really worked was the shops but they ruined those in the gutting process. In Mafia 2, all the shops did things that you needed. You NEEDED gas for your car. If you got I.D.'d by the cops. You NEEDED to change your clothes. If you where hurt you NEEDED to eat. Now stores only exists as a potential location you can rob for money so it doesn't bother me when the shop owner is racist and tells me to leave. As a matter of fact this is a good thing. If he's racist you can knock his butt out and rob him and people WON't call the cops...... I'm still going to finish it because Vito's story continues in it from Mafia 2 but man was I disappointed with this one.

--------------------
Post #212855
Posted: 17th July 2017 02:31

Black Mage

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I've now beaten Fallouts 1,2,4, and New Vegas.

I've noticed something about those games and their evolution. After earlier installments with missable and widely variable story arcs that had impacts on the endings (sadly, those are spoiled by sequels), and a virtual black and white morality, things begin to slowly shift to ambiguous morality and linear storytelling. The gameplay started out as a stunted version of Neverwinter Nights as an RPG, to more of a Deux ex fps rpg-fps style.

I'll probably derp through Chrono Trigger for a spell, before diving into something a little heavier.

--------------------
"So, are you a fan of the Fett?"

"Nah, I'm more of a Star Wars guy."
Post #212856
Posted: 27th July 2017 15:32

Onion Knight

Awards:
Currently playing through Final Fantasy 3 for the DS.
Post #213062
Posted: 1st August 2017 22:38

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius daily. Currently there's an FFT event going on. I am enjoying my newly awakened Agrias.

Also slowly replaying Final Fantasy II for the umpteenth time. I just finished Deist Cavern this weekend.

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy VII -Rebirth-
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV Side Quests (or maybe more Rebirth, we'll see!)
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #213075
Posted: 2nd August 2017 23:26

Chimera

Awards:
See More (Total 12)
Finally finished the main questline of The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, although I skipped a lot of the optional material (so much!) throughout the entire game. As such, I've started a new game+. Lets see where some different decisions take me.

--------------------
Post #213085
Posted: 3rd August 2017 04:50

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Also slowly replaying Final Fantasy II for the umpteenth time. I just finished Deist Cavern this weekend.

It always makes me glad to see someone that doesn't complain about this game being absolute crap and tries to play it. I actually like II more than I tbh.

I beat Mafia 3. The story had the potential to be good if it didn't pad itself out with this stupid district take over mechanic they have you do in between each story mission (This crap can take around 3 hours each district easy.....) The ending was trying to be sad but I couldn't be bothered to feel bad for Lincoln at this point. Oh well.

Went back to Tales of Xillia 2 and actually beat it. Man does the game get way WAY better past a certain point but (just like Mafia 3) this game gets brought down by poor padding /pacing decisions. I think the story is shorter than the first games but, despite the first game only having 4 chapters, this game has 16. Unfortunately, this amounts to there being chapters that are literally only a 5-minute cutscene with a couple choices to make and that's it. Which is bad enough until you add the fact that every chapter ends with a, "Make a payment on your loan" objective that gets annoying fast. I mean, I enjoy the fact that you're in debt and owe money as a story mechanic but the execution is very poor. Whether I've paid nothing towards it or 1 million gald. It still stops the damn story for a stupid payment. I do recommend it though. There are a few late game twists that I didn't see coming and this game actually gets you thinking about some unique circumstances that I can't talk about without spoiling it. The ending choices were hard for me to make and did have me on the edge of my seat. The ending takes risks and I admire it for having balls and not going with the safe road. I definitely recommend it if you liked Madoka Magica because the story shares a lot of concepts and feel with that anime.
I'm currently replaying Tales of Xillia 2 to polish of the trophies for that platinum trophy. (And enjoying Ludger having a voice actor now. Why the heck they locked this until you've beaten the game once is beyond me.)

This post has been edited by TrueBOSS on 3rd August 2017 04:54

--------------------
Post #213090
Posted: 3rd August 2017 18:54

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (TrueBOSS @ 2nd August 2017 22:50)

It always makes me glad to see someone that doesn't complain about this game being absolute crap and tries to play it. I actually like II more than I tbh.

I really like II, it's one of my favorites in the series. I like that it has some characterizations, and I feel the story is better than FFI. I like the memorize/ask system, and don't even mind how leveling works in the game, though I do think the leveling system is its weakest point.

--------------------
Watch me play games on Twitch!
Schedule:
Mondays & Thursdays: Final Fantasy VII -Rebirth-
Saturdays: Final Fantasy XIV Side Quests (or maybe more Rebirth, we'll see!)
7:30pm - 10:30pm Central or thereabouts
Post #213101
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: