CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection on PSP

Posted: 21st December 2010 07:01

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Not sure how I feel about this but it could be interesting I guess. I wasnt a huge fan of FF IV on the DS, but this port didnt look like that so hopefully they learned their lesson.

--------------------
Aujourdhui a commence avec toi.
Post #191377
Posted: 21st December 2010 16:40

Group Icon
Dude on a Walrus

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
Member of more than five years. Third place in CoNCAA, 2005. First place in CoN Fantasy Football, 2005. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Post #191379
Posted: 23rd December 2010 03:40

Returner

I love FF4 but I kinda wish Square would concentrate on FF5 and FF6, we've seen enough of FF4 already.
Post #191444
Posted: 23rd December 2010 06:23

Returner

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Welcome to the club.

--------------------
ENUO > you. It's just a proven fact.

Why should the aged angel stretch its wings?
Post #191456
Posted: 23rd December 2010 10:20

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (BlueStealth @ 23rd December 2010 04:40)
I love FF4 but I kinda wish Square would concentrate on FF5 and FF6, we've seen enough of FF4 already.

Seconding this, especially FFV.

Oh well, at least this remake looks pretty, unlike the DS version.
Post #191467
Posted: 21st January 2011 20:33

Returner

Awards:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/2..._collection_le/

Japan gets all the nice stuff, don't they? Awesome LE box.
Post #192390
Posted: 1st February 2011 18:32

Returner

Awards:
It's coming out here on April 19th
Post #192647
Posted: 1st February 2011 21:15

Returner

Not really too much interested in paying full price for this, however the inclusion of The After Years interests me.

I wonder if this will have the extra's from FFIV Advance or if it won't include them like FFIV DS?
Post #192650
Posted: 2nd February 2011 15:55

Returner

Awards:
It probably won't. The GBA's content and After Years can't work together due to some story relating to characters (mostly Kain).
Post #192655
Posted: 14th February 2011 17:40

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
I'm happy ff4 gets lots of attention,but i also wish other games to get attention too.

ff6 remake is great,but ff5 has less remakes than ff6 and could use more attention.

I'd like a console version of ff legends perhaps or a remake,very fun games.

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #192848
Posted: 14th February 2011 19:26

Group Icon
LOGO ZE SHOOPUF

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than ten years. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. 
Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 16)
Quote (BlueStealth @ 22nd December 2010 23:40)

I'm hoping that this will be the case as well. Except for not FFV.

I'm not as bothered by squenix's money-grabbing remake-making ways, but I feel like this current strategy of beating the dead mule has got to be counter-productive. I mean, they could always come back and make more FFIV remakes later on.

I maintain that I would do terrible things to see FFVI on a main console, as unlikely as that is. I'm not sure how excited I would be about a remake similar to the one FFIV recieved for the DS. I wasn't interested enough to actually purchase a copy of it, but, then again, my love for FFVI is much greater than FFIV, so who knows.

--------------------
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy V
Most Recently Beat : Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy X

The newest CoNcast is up! Have a listen!
Post #192855
Posted: 3rd March 2011 04:54

Returner

Awards:
I agree that FF4 is visited very frequently...

But this version is the first one to have After Years in a physical format. So it gets a pass.

Latest trailer also had scenes from the Interlude chapter and one of the bosses is...

Possible spoilers: highlight to view
Dad Bomb!

Also, all updated character sprites (missing 3 from After Years, though):

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/09...V169935483_.jpg

Leonora is so cute.

This post has been edited by fates on 3rd March 2011 05:04
Post #193202
Posted: 24th March 2011 14:35

Returner

Awards:
It's out.

Surprisingly, the GBA content is in too!
Post #193729
Posted: 24th March 2011 20:31

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Quote (fates @ 24th March 2011 06:35)

Welp, I'm in! It's probably my game after Crisis Core.

--------------------
Hey, put the cellphone down for a while
In the night there is something wild
Can you hear it breathing?
And hey, put the laptop down for a while
I feel it, it's leaving me
Post #193734
Posted: 12th April 2011 18:49

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. Third place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Winner of CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. 
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 24)
Double-posting for preorder information - if you have Amazon Prime, you can get it delivered on the release day (4/19 in the US, 4/21 in the UK) for free.

Final Fantasy 4 Complete (US)
Final Fantasy 4 Complete (UK)

This post has been edited by Neal on 12th April 2011 18:50

--------------------
Post #194136
Posted: 13th April 2011 04:28

Onion Knight

Awards:
I'd say FFVI remake petition, but VII fanboys would say that VII doesn't have a remake so why should VI?

And that's not to say I don't love VII, but I hate fanboys, even though this is a VI based forum. VI is my favorite title in the franchise, but I still like VII in all its overratedness.

... But yeah, VI remake petition? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Come closer, FEEL my wrath.

"fear not what you do not know or understand, for only fear is but one aspect of what limits us"
- Me
Post #194146
Posted: 14th April 2011 09:11

Cactuar

Awards:
Quote (Vihera @ 13th April 2011 04:28)
I'd say FFVI remake petition, but VII fanboys would say that VII doesn't have a remake so why should VI?

And that's not to say I don't love VII, but I hate fanboys, even though this is a VI based forum. VI is my favorite title in the franchise, but I still like VII in all its overratedness.

... But yeah, VI remake petition? biggrin.gif

Sadly online petition's never work. FF fans have been trying online petitions for years, and they just don't work. Square Enix isn't really the type to listen.

--------------------
Currently playing Chrono Trigger !!
Currently looking forward to Don't Know.
Post #194172
Posted: 21st April 2011 02:21

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I got FFIV complete, since I never got any of the other versions, and to those of you not sure about whether or not it'll be good, I think they did a great job. I don't know enough about the versions to say whether it's good enough to warrant buying it if you own a remake already. The only problem I've encountered is the random encounter rate. It's a bit sporadic, as there's been times where I've cleared whole rooms with no battles, but also times when I've exited a battle, taken two steps, and in another battle. Still not much of a drawback in my opinion.

--------------------
-FFIII FFIV FFV FFVII FFVIII FFX FFXII FFXIII FF:Dissidia FFVII:CC FFVII:DoC
--KHI KHII KH:COM KH:BbS
---SO:FD SO:TTEOT SO:TLH
----DQIII DQVIII
-----DA:O DAII
------VP:S
Post #194318
Posted: 22nd April 2011 16:45

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
I'm REALLY pleased with FF4 Complete and I think it's something that will appeal to people looking for a classic FF4 feel. It includes the "hardtype" moveset from the original, so everyone has their original skills, and many of the enhancements can actually be turned off in settings if you want it to feel like the original. I also feel like it fixed a lot of the things I hated about the DS version.

• There was noticeable lag in the DS version in battle - namely from when the command window appeared and when you were actually able to enter commands. This drove me absolutely crazy. Battles in the PSP version are fast and fluid and no longer seem like a hindrance in moving forward through the game at an acceptable pace.
  • The arranged soundtrack sounds much, much better. Apparently this was only an issue for me, because most people seemed to love the DS soundtrack, but it sounds so much better on the PSP. Additionally, you can turn it back to the nice, MIDI sounds of the SNES soundtrack via the settings, which I also love.
  • The additional GBA content is allegedly there. I'm not even close to accessing it, but that was mentioned in this very thread.

You can show/hide the ATB meter in settings if you like, and you can even select whether or not you want to be able to switch party member turns in battle. All in all I'm extremely satisfied with how it's going and I've only just arrived in Mysidia for the first time.

--------------------
Post #194358
Posted: 24th April 2011 13:23

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
^ Oh wow, so basically they put in all the different features and let you turn them on/off individually? That would be...totally awesome.

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #194400
Posted: 25th April 2011 11:01

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I just saw some screenshots and damn, I like the updated graphics. Looks alot better and more detailed than previous 2D versions I've played. I'm just not big on handhelds (grrrrr! Would it kill them to release it on the PS3 as a disc or on the PSN?) I don't have a PSP anyway. I want it, though, for the new graphics plus the new tale that bridges IV with The After Years.

Oh, and I'm glad they changed Rydia's portrait in The After Years. I HATED her portrait in the original After Years on the Wii. She looked like a little girl.

This post has been edited by Fatal on 25th April 2011 11:05

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #194416
Posted: 25th April 2011 14:39

Group Icon
Lucky <3

Awards:
See More (Total 24)
Oh gosh. They added the most delicious feature ever. In Cave Magnes / Lodestone Cave, if you're wearing any metal armor, little sparks will appear by your feet when you take a step so you know that you need to change something. I always felt like the woman in Troia who tells you that your armor will rust if you swim in it should have that sort of check, so it's nice that there actually is a way to see now.

--------------------
Post #194417
Posted: 25th April 2011 21:16

Maniacal Clown

Awards:
Third place in CoNCAA, 2019. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. 
User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than ten years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy VI section of CoN. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
See More (Total 9)
^^ You mean this picture?

--------------------
current games (2024-02-19):
Fairy Fencer F ADF
Pokémon Perfect Crystal

finished so far this year:
Gato Roboto
drowning, drowning
New Super Mario Bros.
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue

tabled: Lost Ruins
Post #194422
Posted: 26th April 2011 14:37

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. 
User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen fanarts in CoN galleries. 
This is tempting! I'll have to see about buying this one come payday. I've been looking for something new to play, and have been bouncing back and forth from game to game. This might be my next project smile.gif

--------------------
You're telling me that there's no hope.

I'm telling you you're wrong.
Post #194436
Posted: 26th April 2011 21:51

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I know for a fact that the GBA features are on it. I've already been playing the Lunar Ruins.

--------------------
A creature born from eternal darkness and heavenly light. One single entity, birthed of two opposites. They somehow coexist, to create I, the Lunarian Prince...
Post #194442
Posted: 26th April 2011 22:02

Group Icon
Totes Adorbs

Awards:
Second place in the CoN World Cup soccer competition, 2018. First place in CoNCAA, 2018. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IX section of CoN. 
First place in the CoN Euro Cup soccer competition, 2016. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2015. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. Third place in the CoN World Cup fantasy game for 2014. 
See More (Total 29)
Quote (Cactuar1 @ 26th April 2011 16:51)
I know for a fact that the GBA features are on it. I've already been playing the Lunar Ruins.

Quote (fates @ 24th March 2011 06:35)

I thought I'd heard that somewhere before. smile.gif

On topic, I really do hope to get to try this soon. Neal's been very vocal about it being awesome in chat.

--------------------
"To create something great, you need the means to make a lot of really bad crap." - Kevin Kelly

Why aren't you shopping AmaCoN?
Post #194444
Posted: 27th April 2011 07:18

Onion Knight

Awards:
i was about to buy every expansion for wii....lol now im buyin a psp. this is only supposed to hold me over till theres a ff6 remake but well see about that. if worse comes to worse ill just get ff6 for the psp and play through that next.
Post #194451
Posted: 29th April 2011 16:52

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I picked up a copy of FF4 Complete Collection last week, and I'm very happy with it. I'm not a fan of 3D polygon graphics like they used in the DS version, so it was nice to see that they returned to the 2D sprite graphics and gave them an update. So far, it feels more like playing the GBA version of the game. I'm looking forward to checking out Interlude & The After Years. thumbup.gif
Post #194476
Posted: 30th April 2011 08:55

Onion Knight

Awards:
ill be catchin up with ya here soon im debating on how to get a psp fast lol. someone offered to trade me one fore final fantasy 3 and zelda for the snes and conkers bad fur day for the n64 i duno if i wanna part with em tho ive had em for years lol
Post #194483
Posted: 30th April 2011 12:39

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
I should never have given my PSP away those couple years ago. Now I"m tempted to buy a new one just for this game. How much do they go for now? Also, how much is the game itself?

EDIT: Ah, screw it. I just now decided to go to Walmart and buy the PSP and the game. Cheaper than I thought it'd be. I'm excited to play, but I'm in the middle of FFVII right now. I'm gonna try to not rush VII, since I want to thoroughly play and enjoy it, then I'll get around to FIV. Can't wait.

By the way, do you need a memory stick thing for the PSP to save your games or can you save it onto the system? I've forgotten how the PSP works.

This post has been edited by Fatal on 30th April 2011 13:31

--------------------
My Final Fantasy Forum

^ Help me get started on my forum!
Post #194485
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: