CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
New version of ff7

Posted: 7th August 2003 03:32

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I was personally thinking that a version of ff7 where you play from the begginning of sephiroth to end of ff7 as sephiroth would be cool. add a couple of allies that get betrayed and get a 8 foot sword stuck through them, some people getting crushed by a giant rock that you summoned and you got yourself a good game. got ny other ideas post here.

--------------------
You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain - Sephiroth
Post #15661
Posted: 7th August 2003 04:24

Disciplinary Committee Member

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I always thought that a game that included everything not covered in FF7 would be cool.  In other words: Vincent and Lucretsia, Cloud working for Shinra, Zack and Aeris, Ifalna and Gast.  I don't know of a good place to stop a story like that, but it's an idea.

--------------------
Get me off this Disciplinary Committee so I can play any FF except for FF8!!!
Post #15672
Posted: 7th August 2003 05:14
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Quote (Ejoty @ 6 Aug 2003, 23:24)
I always thought that a game that included everything not covered in FF7 would be cool.  In other words: Vincent and Lucretsia, Cloud working for Shinra, Zack and Aeris, Ifalna and Gast.  I don't know of a good place to stop a story like that, but it's an idea.

Sounds like you've got the makings of a fanfic.  ^_^

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #15679
Posted: 7th August 2003 09:51

Group Icon
It's not the end of the world.

Awards:
Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! Second place in CoNCAA, 2012. Member of more than ten years. First place in CoN World Cup, 2010. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 12)
An FF7 prequel is the only revisiting of any game I ever want to see from Square.  I don't want to play sequels where all the main characters of the original are apparently dead or blatantly "sexed up" to rake in a bit more cash.

Though, ironically, apparently some Square staff like to see FF10 and 10-2 as distant FF7 prequels.  But I really hope that's only because everyone loves FF7 and wants to do more with it.

I wouldn't mind a remake, either.  You know: clean up some of the more contradictory and swiss-cheese-resembling areas of the plot and dialogue, and finally make a version with all the crap like "Touph Ring" corrected that actually works (it was fixed in FF7PC, but FF7PC works on about 21% of current systems, owing to it having been programmed by the Shakespeare-writing monkeys on their weekends off (i.e. Eidos)).

I'm not sure about playing through as Sephiroth.  Being able to play him during the war might be cool, but by the time of FF7,
SPOILER ALERT!  Highlight to view:
the real Sephiroth is encased in a big old lump of mako, and Clone #1, or Jenova, or "Sephiroth's spirit" or whoever you believe it is you're following on Disc 1, is altogether too powerful to make any kind of sensible game out of,
if you ask me.
Post #15695
Posted: 7th August 2003 14:45

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
Not bad, it would also be cool to play as AVALANCHE members before cloud came into the picture.

--------------------
You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain - Sephiroth
Post #15702
Posted: 7th August 2003 17:30

Group Icon
SOLDIER

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Contributed to the Final Fantasy I section of CoN. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy VII section of CoN. 
Personally, I would like a better translation in french than the one they gave us : it was crappy  >_<
I really would be thrilled if they only did a simple remake, with the technology they possess now : just to see what it would look like now, whith voices and everything. I'm not interested in another game, FF VII is what it is because of the shadow parts in the plot, but a reactualization. And maybe, to be able to do something with the special items (there called 'Lame Masamune' and 'Super Sweeper' in french).
Maybe something with Aeris...naa, not that.
Post #15723
Posted: 7th August 2003 19:45
Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. Has more than fifty news submissions to CoN. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
Quote (Mr Thou @ 7 Aug 2003, 12:30)
Personally, I would like a better translation in french than the one they gave us : it was crappy  >_<
I really would be thrilled if they only did a simple remake, with the technology they possess now : just to see what it would look like now, whith voices and everything. I'm not interested in another game, FF VII is what it is because of the shadow parts in the plot, but a reactualization. And maybe, to be able to do something with the special items (there called 'Lame Masamune' and 'Super Sweeper' in french).
Maybe something with Aeris...naa, not that.

Ouch.  Translation issues always suck.  ^_^()  I can just imagine how badly that game would come out in French, too...

I think a remake would be pretty cool, too.  You're one of the only people who thinks it would be worthwhile, though.  I remember when there were rumors that they'd be re-releasing FFVII with the PS2.  That would have been fun.   8)

--------------------
Veni, vidi, dormivi.
Post #15758
Posted: 23rd August 2003 16:10

Treasure Hunter

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
Well it would be good Because than you will see Sephiroths story But have a few party so maybe 2 soldiers have to come in the begining and than well the beginings when Sephiroth and Zack went to the Hometown of Zack And Sephiroth killed the soldiers than Zack goes by him self.

--------------------
One thing / I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
In the End by Linkin park
Post #16583
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: