CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
Bonjour!

Posted: 3rd December 2013 01:03

Returner

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Hello,

I finally found the Greetings sub-forum. I kinda introduced myself a bit in another thread but I'll make this more official. My first language is french and I study programming in college. Going back to school is the best decision I took in a long time.

I discovered ROM hacking 2 years ago and since FFVI was my favorite game and the most documented ROM, I tried to specialize myself in doing game events, music import or ASM related hacks. I will eventually focus on other games, but for now my interest is with the GBA version, hacking-wise.

I'm not the greatest rpg player, in fact I play lot less than before, but I enjoyed all the classic SNES or PSX rpgs when I was a teenager.

My top 5 FF games would be in this order: FF6, FF4, FF7, FF12, FF4TAY.

Aside of the video game world, I enjoy reading on political issues, social movements and anarchist literature. I truly believe capitalism and the State are two form of oppression that mankind should emancipate from. I'm currently trying to find a way to be in harmony with my deep principles and promoting my way left ideas while having time for hobbies.

Cheers!

--------------------
Post #205713
Posted: 3rd December 2013 01:10

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Hello, and welcome to the Caves. flag-red.gif

I think that humanity would be in chaos without the State. France is an excellent historical example of this. I also think that capitalism is the better economical option. I mean, just look what happened to North Korea.

Disagreements aside, my top five video games would have to be: FF6, FF5, CT, FF4, FFMQ.
Post #205714
Posted: 3rd December 2013 07:47

Holy Swordsman

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Participated at the forums for the CoN's 15th birthday! User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Member of more than five years. 
Second place in the 2004 Gogo Fanfiction contest. Third place in the 2009 Quiz contest. 
Haha, oh you Anarchists.

Also- Raven, you're gonna step in it hard if you mix up Anarchy and Communism like that. Anarchy is a bit different than you're thinking of it as, both politically and economically wink.gif. Don't fall into dichotomy fallacies that state there can either be capitalism or communism, when there are in fact more systems proposed than that. They key to Anarchy is decentralization, which is actually quite opposed to Communism.

Buuuutttt I digress.

Welcome to the Caves! biggrin.gif

--------------------
If you've been mod-o-fied,
It's an illusion, and you're in-between.
Don't you be tarot-fied,
It's just alot of nothing, so what can it mean?
~Frank Zappa

Sins exist only for people who are on the Way or approaching the Way
Post #205724
Posted: 3rd December 2013 13:43

Engineer

Awards:
Member of more than five years. Voted for all the fanart in the CoNvent Calendar 2014. User has rated 500 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 300 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
User has rated 150 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 75 fanarts in the CoN galleries. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. 
Quote (MogMaster @ 3rd December 2013 02:47)
Also- Raven, you're gonna step in it hard if you mix up Anarchy and Communism like that. Anarchy is a bit different than you're thinking of it as, both politically and economically wink.gif. Don't fall into dichotomy fallacies that state there can either be capitalism or communism, when there are in fact more systems proposed than that. They key to Anarchy is decentralization, which is actually quite opposed to Communism.

Well, he did say that Capitalism is also a form of oppression. I by no means consider Communism and Anarchy to be remotely related. In fact, I doubt they could even coexist.
Post #205726
Posted: 4th December 2013 04:45

Returner

Awards:
Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. 
Quote (RavenLalonde @ 3rd December 2013 08:43)
Well, he did say that Capitalism is also a form of oppression. I by no means consider Communism and Anarchy to be remotely related. In fact, I doubt they could even coexist.

In fact, they can coexist and this is why anarcho-communism (or libertarian communism) is the most popular form of anarchism among anarchists. In one sentence, it consist of the means of production being controlled by the workers (and extension the population) in decentralized communities practicing direct democracy.

Also when it comes to communism, most people have in mind the example of the USSR which in fact was a totalitarian state which was practicing a state-capitalist economy.

Anyway I don't mean to start a political debate here, thank you both for the welcome!

--------------------
Post #205739
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: