CoN 25th Anniversary: 1997-2022
FF2 gba

Posted: 26th June 2009 17:11

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Weird game.

Reminds me of romancing saga's gameplay with fighting with weapons to level up your weapons.

Not exactly my type of thing and i don't know exactly how efficient it is so far,i mean for all i know it might provide alot of versatility

Moderator Edit
FF2 GBA has nothing to do with FF4 at all. Moving topic so it actually makes a bit of sense, kinda. -R51

This post has been edited by Rangers51 on 26th June 2009 18:15

--------------------
We are stardust.Our bodies are made from the guts of exploding stars.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #178669
Posted: 26th June 2009 20:14

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Member of more than five years. 
I love this game.

The system lets you make any character into absolutely ANYTHING. (The Barefist is broken like hell XD )

Also, I'll check on the old threads on this.

This post has been edited by SilverMaduin on 26th June 2009 20:14

--------------------
"I fell off the mountain of words at around the 10,000ft mark. Tell my family...they owe me money." -Narratorway

"If you retort against this, so help me God I'll shove any part of your anatomy I can find into some other part. Figuratively, of course." - Josh

"We have more, can deliver tuesday." - Del S

Good old CoN
Post #178684
Posted: 26th June 2009 21:53

Crusader

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. Celebrated the CoN 20th Anniversary at the forums. Member of more than five years. 
Quote (SilverMaduin @ 26th June 2009 20:14)
I love this game.

The system lets you make any character into absolutely ANYTHING. (The Barefist is broken like hell XD )

Also, I'll check on the old threads on this.

I just killed alot of those high level guards at the beginning already.

I gain tones of experience magic and life etc.

Plus these guys also drop gold armor and fire bows.

got 1 of each so far but they can be tough so i recommend having:

Level 4 blink
Level 2 scourge
Level 5 blind
Level 5 Lightning/Blizzard/Fire
Level 3-5 heal and this is a must
protection with level 2 or 3

And at least 300 or more hitpoints on most characters. 500 if it can be.

This guy hits most of the time for 500 and if your lucky you can blind him and he will still do alot but miss more often and the dmg seems to go down also.

These guard guys also give a truckload of experience.I now have 472 hitpoints on my main player and over 700 on the 4th player and on guy over 500 and the girl over 250

This post has been edited by Magitek_slayer on 26th June 2009 22:10

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #178689
Posted: 27th June 2009 02:49

Black Mage

Awards:
Time for FFII to get some break from all the hate it gets. I actually liked the game, the only thing I seriously despited was those empty rooms with high encounter rate. Just why are they there again?

Mandatory question: Who is your favorite character?

Mine would be Minwu, Scott if we count Dawn of the souls.

Quote (Magitek_slayer)
These guard guys also give a truckload of experience.I now have 472 hitpoints on my main player and over 700 on the 4th player and on guy over 500 and the girl over 250

Why is Maria's HP so low? Star hitting her NOW! It's unfair that the guys get all the damage. That sounded... weird, but that's FFII folks.

I bought another weapon for Maria as soon as I could and placed her on the front lines, she isn't winning any HP with that bow.

--------------------
"Love, and do what you will" Saint Augustine
Post #178695
Posted: 27th June 2009 12:53

Crusader

Awards:
Quote (Sandyboots @ 27th June 2009 02:49)
Time for FFII to get some break from all the hate it gets. I actually liked the game, the only thing I seriously despited was those empty rooms with high encounter rate. Just why are they there again?

Mandatory question: Who is your favorite character?

Mine would be Minwu, Scott if we count Dawn of the souls.

Quote (Magitek_slayer)

Why is Maria's HP so low? Star hitting her NOW! It's unfair that the guys get all the damage. That sounded... weird, but that's FFII folks.

I bought another weapon for Maria as soon as I could and placed her on the front lines, she isn't winning any HP with that bow.

What really bugs me is the amount of fights in these games.

It ruins the balance and replayability.

and its almost impossible to run from the enemies.

i almost feel like getting a gameshark and puting it in to prevent from fighting.

--------------------

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Post #178706
Posted: 5th August 2009 00:24

Onion Knight

Awards:
Member of more than five years. 
I have a question about FFII. I've noticed that you can equip 2 weapons to each character from the beginning of the game. So are shields worth using? They don't (or haven't yet) boost my defence anymore when they are equipped.
Post #180198
Posted: 5th August 2009 01:00

Black Waltz

Awards:
Member of more than ten years. User has rated 25 fanarts in the CoN galleries. Major involvement in the Final Fantasy V section of CoN. Second place in CoNCAA, 2011. 
Member of more than five years. Has more than fifteen news submissions to CoN. First place in CoNCAA, 2009. Vital involvement in the Final Fantasy IV section of CoN. 
See More (Total 9)
Shields raise evasion, iirc, and not defence. Although you can break the game with shields. Equip two shields on all characters, and then in a battle with weak enemies use the attack command repeatedly. After a while, use the item menu to change the shields to, say, swords. Finish the battle, and all the actions taken with the shields will now be given to swords. This is an easy way to level weapons up at any point in the game.
Post #180199
Posted: 5th August 2009 01:02

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (Magitek_slayer @ 26th June 2009 12:11)
Weird game.

Reminds me of romancing saga's gameplay with fighting with weapons to level up your weapons.

Not exactly my type of thing and i don't know exactly how efficient it is so far,i mean for all i know it might provide alot of versatility

Moderator Edit
FF2 GBA has nothing to do with FF4 at all. Moving topic so it actually makes a bit of sense, kinda. -R51

I forget his name, but the person who developed the leveling system in II actually went on to make the SaGa series, which is known for its experimental gameplay.
Post #180200
Posted: 5th August 2009 07:11

Chocobo Knight

Awards:
Maria is pretty much my favourite character because... Unequip her weapons and put her in the front row at the beginning of the game and she kicks serious ass. Thats dawn of souls version though, don't know if it works on other versions.
Plus, she has purple hair. Miint.

--------------------
*Sigh*....Times are tough
Post #180211
Posted: 5th August 2009 08:02

Magitek Soldier

Awards:
Quote (ktk3 @ 5th August 2009 02:11)
Maria is pretty much my favourite character because... Unequip her weapons and put her in the front row at the beginning of the game and she kicks serious ass. Thats dawn of souls version though, don't know if it works on other versions.
Plus, she has purple hair. Miint.

It works in older versions, but not as well. See, the DoS version is dumbed down slightly. In earlier versions, when certain skills go up others go down, and there are no HP gains at set intervals like in the DoS version, either.
Post #180212
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: